uday, 19 Oct 2009vlc player is the bestno,dude iwant play .avi on my nokia 5800?is there any mobile version of vlc player?or any other mobile version of aplayer?where?
thilina d, 19 Oct 2009what is the best video player to play .avi files? vlc player is the best
Nokia 5800 user, 19 Oct 2009Hey guys i'm using nokia 5800 xpress music for 4 months now. I think this is the best music ph... moredude ur 100% right 5800 is awersome phone but due to camera it loose his point othewise ths phone is 5/5
Hey guys i'm using nokia 5800 xpress music for 4 months now. I think this is the best music phone in my whole life this is my short review. Lets star twith pros. Shall we?
1. Audio quality is really tha bomb! Better better better than sony ericsson walkman. If you want an audio quality even better in 5800 i suggest you upadate version 30.0.011 and you will impressed for its audio quality. The bass,trebe and vocal is completely balance and the max volume is really loud and theres not a sigle distortion at all!Even my friend were really impressed for the clear and really good audio quality. this is what you get when update version 30.0.011.
2. Browsing internet is awsome! because of the large screen. Using finger to web browsing. is kool!
3.Theres a game call global racing thunder. All you have to do is tilt a bit your 5800 left or right for the car to steer corner wheather you tilt right or left. I found this pretty impressive. (remember, iphone also got racing game,same controller)
4. Its quite reasonable price. I live in Malaysia and it cost only RM 1299(Nokia original store, but i got discount RM 1199 though) But the price is reasonable for Nokia first symbian 60 touch device.
5.Very good battery Life. In moderate use it stand for 7 days and in heavy use stands 3 to days. How did i do that? trun the screen brightness to zero and turn the network from dual mode to GSM if you didn't use 3g.
6. It have dictionary in English! I'm a Malaysian sometimes i did not know what the hell what english lecturer is talking about so i just open my 5800 and go to dictionary and i just search it. Its pretty convineant for me and everyone who doesn't understand english.
7. The touch is responsive although is resistive. But for me capative and resistive has pros and cons itself. But for me Resistive is better. Anyway the touch is responsive even when i soft touch it. I dunno why all of this commentator says this phone has a slow respond. I don't have any problem with it.
8.The messaging is really cool with virtual keypad. It has four kinds of typing message Choose which one is suitable for you:
1. Alphanumeric keypad, yep but is virtual alphanumeric keypad. You can rotate it if you like(cause 5800 support auto rotate)
2. Full Qwerty keyboard. It display on full screen and you must use it on landscape mode but you can't rotate it.
3. Mini Qwerty keyboard. This part i suggest you use stylus because the qwerty board is soooo small. But you can rotate it if you like.
4. Handwriting. For resistive touch screen of course it has handwriting. you can use anyting for handwriting. it really responsive and shows the right word although you write it sloppy.(my experience when i use handwriting. Or if you didn't know how to use it you can go to handwriting training so your 5800 can recognize your writing perfectly.You can rotate it if you want to.
The choice is yours but i suggest stick to alphnumeric virtual keypad. cause is better.
9. A t the standby mode you have many shortcut you can go. for example. if you touch the battery meer it will shows clock and connectivity settings. so you can acces bluetooth and wifi easily. If you touch the clock display it will shows clock and alarm clock and world clock.I you touch the profile you using it willl shows a open calander and 6 others profile. If you press the media key(located beside XpressMusic logo) it will shows you all media shortcuts menu. I found this vry convenient and really nice that Nokia put this shortcuts to easy the costumer.
10.The radio fm has a really cool lokks. I f you see this 5800 review. you will understand what i'm talkin about.
1.The auto rotate is really slow and did'nt have any theme effects for auto rotate in this phone. N79 has a better auto rotate and theme effects when you rotate the phone.
2. The Wifi signal isn't that good either i live in 5th floor there's only 1 or maybe none of the wifi connection. N79 has a better Wifi signal.
3. Suprisingly the 3.2 Megapixel camera Carl Zeiss is not good. The picture has inadequate colourings and the flash really helpless when you want to catch a night photo. The noise level if you want to catch photo at night is really high!( What happened to Carl Zeiss man?)
4.The stereo speaker location is located on the left side not right side like my N79. When you rotate. it onlt rotate at the left side. so if you want to watch video is sound output is came out from the below when you rotate to the left. (of course you have to rotate to the left if you want to watch vid in this phone.) I think 5530 has a better video sound output because of the speaker location top and bottom of the 5530 phone.
5.The headset provided the volume is soo slow. even on the max volume. I sugest you buy any other branded headphone like samsung, sony headphone etc. to make your phone becaome Xpress Music
i GIVE IT 4.7/5 Because of the amzing audio quality and the best touchscreen music device to use. And its quite reasonable too for it price. I highly reccomended to everyone to buy this teenage and best music phone in tha world. You can ask me for this phone. and im really happy with this phone. Thanks for reading my review.
How can i upgrade the firmware on my phone? Any page that i can check for a download? Thanks.
Bought it bfore diwali damn happy but i c'ant find Quick Office, Adobe reader,Flash player,Zip extracter..... Pls help....///
in response to Corne.
Yes i did have the same problem with the time but if you go to time and date and hit on to automatic time update it does not happen anymore and keeps steady time
Ive found that my 5800 loses time. In about 3 or 5 days after setting the time, it has lost 5 to 10 minutes. Has anybody experienced this?
just upgraded to v31 firmware, cpu clk now 434MHz, FAST! Touch better, and new GPS maps. Wowie, zowie.
the best nokia out there which is also cheap and has a good array of features . easy to use and really awesome browsing and music experience and a good fm tuner too.
a great pal out there.
the best touch phone which is cheap and awesome.
hey pple can any one tell me is nokia gonna stop production of nokia 5800...
just thinking to buy it in december to gift it to my brother............. can any one help
can anyone please tell some anti virus for 5800 express music, because my phone has started hanging. And when i restart the phone, there is a long time hold with a equalizer motion of colors at left end. This is generally a feature of virus affected phone. Please help me by providing some anti virus for my phone.
One can also contact me at
Hi,How is the display of dis phone?I hve heard that the display is not sharp but some what matt?Is it true?How is the camera?Does it really work like a 3MP one?
shaan, 18 Oct 2009hiii i bought this phone 3 days back & whenever i try ti install any app it says "Expire Cert... moreTry to set the date on the phone back when the version of the application you are trying to install was out (let's say october 2008), install the program and change the date back to current. This might help.