Aveo 5800XM, 01 Sep 2009Hello Users,
Its been a month now with the 5800Xm....i'd like to mention a few good n bad p... moreBout the second point: The headphones that come with nokia are rubish. I use mine that came from LG KM500 and the quality is better. Try with some othere headphones and youll see the diference.
Its been a month now with the 5800Xm....i'd like to mention a few good n bad points for the future/existing users:
1.The touchscreen is very good but not as "decorative" as the iphone....It is pretty responsive as well....but requires a more pressurized touch as compared to the Iphone !
2.Being a music phone, i expected the sound and quality on the earphones to be louder and better....but never mind .. it is nearly excellent!
You might want to consider a 3rd party music app for better results....:)
3. The camera is among the most controversial topics of this phone....well..the daylight results are awesome and are at par with many other similarly equipped camera phones....so u will surely not regret taking pictures in day light...plus the auto focus helps a lot....
Night shots are just "OK"...so u definitely might not want to take it out for a spin at night...even though it has a flash, a dual LED one...it really isnt enough for night time imaging....rest of the camera features work flawlessly...The video recording is pretty good as well..
4. The GPS....well what I observed is...the Gps is excellent..sometimes it tends to drop the connection to the satellite....But its never a problem.
You can use 3rd party Gps apps as well...
5.WiFi works Flawlessly.
6. browsing experience on the 5800Xm is nearly perfect...i rarely came across Lags during normal browsing.....It lags during Flash use in the browser (Youtube)....but rarely...
Hope these points would help you to consider the nokia 5800XM for yourself !
BottomLine - This is a great well equipped device as compared to its competitirs for Small Bucks!!!!!
Saad, 31 Aug 2009HELP NEEDED !
Hey ... i m having a problem in my nokia 5800 .. when i go in gallery and cli... more1-Connect your phone to computer in mass storage mode.
2-you will see a new drive in my computer section of window may be called MEMORY CARD DRIVE.
3-Right click on it and go to properties,and then tools and in tools section click on CHECK NOW (error-checking).
in check now section,tick on both the boxes.Automatically fix the system errors,and scan for an attempt recovery for bad sectors.thats all.
4-Wait for 10-15 minutes and it will solve the problem.
available naba yung firmware v30 for nokia 5800 in the philippines ? Yung no need to change the product code etc.
what does that mean if the 7th & 8th digit of the IMEI is 03 ? where is that made from cuase i only know about 01 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Finland which is very good and 00 this means your cell phone was manufactured in original factory which is the best quality.
Ketan, 01 Sep 2009No. There's no quality difference between china made and finland made. It's produced in nokia ... moreI found mine..it is 850/1900
I am very upset because I need the one which is 900/2100
noussa, 01 Sep 2009hey guys, I just purshased this phone today,I am very disappointed because I found that this ... moreNo. There's no quality difference between china made and finland made. It's produced in nokia plant in china that's why made in china. 3g bands must be 900/2100 because the NAM variant of the phone has bands 850/1900. I'm from india, have 5800 made in china since january and i neither have any hardware issue nor software one. Hope that
I just purshased this phone today,I am very disappointed because I found that this phone is made in china..because when I ordered it online from DELL,the representative told me that they carry the one made in finland...I don't know if there is a big difference in the quality or not..
also I keep trying to know what is the WCDMA frequency of this phone ,but I didn't found it.is it 850/1900 or 900/2100.I looked in the user manual, but there is nothing...Does anybody know how can I know?thx guys
Agree with Jay and Picturesbyme below, this is a great phone, esp in the $200+USD range. I just bought for $225+tax thinking I would try for a week and return it, but am amazed at features at this price point-- GPS and WiFi makes it a keeper for me. The touchscreen is surprisingly easy to use with finger tip. Is this a glass screen? Do I need a protector?
very poor camera. if you are into taking pictures (especially at night) i wont advice you to use 5800. its a music phone anyway so maybe thats a valid excuse. but then again its supposed to have a powerful camera because its 3.2 megapixel or something. quite disappointing.
finally what speed of cpu of 5800? my 5800 is more slow, but right here in this site theres are two information. look at " specifications" and look "nokia 5800 spressmusic review" please gsm arena answer the question everybody wants the true
lengleng, 31 Aug 2009just bought the phone today..very nice... problem and a question: whenever i try to brows... morethis happens when you are connected to wi-fi network which doesn't required password but specific mac addresses
HELP NEEDED !
Hey ... i m having a problem in my nokia 5800 .. when i go in gallery and click on edit button and after i click on img or apply effect option it comes to the gallery !
i updated my fone from ver 10 to ver 30 but i m having the same problem !
lengleng, 31 Aug 2009just bought the phone today..very nice...
problem and a question: whenever i try to brows... moreI had the same issue. I did the following and it seemed to have fixed it.
Go to Setting-Connectivity-Destinations
Add your WiFi connection to "Internet" and "WAP" by selecting either of them and going to Options-New access point and check for available access points.
Now in the browser select Options-Settings-General-Access point and set to always ask.
Doing this allows you to choose the WiFi when you start the browser and stops it when you close the browser. This should take care of your issue.
I have had this phone for about a month and have used it extensively. For the money, there is nothing like it. I will just mention a few thing about this phone since GSMArena has a full review and there is plenty of info available in this "forum".
1. Interface - Sure its not as snappy or flashy as say an IPhone but it works and it makes since...it could be better, but the same could be said for most interfaces.
2. Software - Ovi is a little short on Apps at the moment but, it is not the only source for apps. The are tons of apps available online, just do a search and you will find them. Plus a fair share of the Java apps actually work good on this phone.
3. Camera - It works...not the best camera on a phone but a good one. If you don't carry a camera with you all the time this camera will suffice.
4. Music Player - It's pretty good. Plays every song I upload to the phone. Sound quality through my Sony earbuds it great although the max volume could be a little louder. With a name like XpressMusic, it has to be good. Radio is excellent.
5. GPS - I normally use Google Maps, but the Ovi Maps app is descent. The GPS lock fairly quickly most of the time and once locked it usually keeps the lock.
6. Messaging - This would be one of my few gripes. The included messaging apps are just OK. SMS works but it should be threaded. Email works OK but when you have multiple accounts it has to connect individually to each of them. Nokia @ Email app (not included) works much better but does not send notifications to the interface, only a ring notification.
7. Phone - It works and requires little thinking...the ways its supposed to be. Great job!
8. Input - The QWERTY keyboard is pretty descent, it is nicely sized and is fairly comfortable to use given the somewhat small display (for touch screen). I rarely use the other options unless I am forced to (i.e. in Ovi Maps you can use any method expect QWERTY), the keypad works has good has a physical keypad and the mini QWERTY works well with the stylus. The handwrighting method is a novelty for me and I rarly ever use it.
9. Internet - The 3G connections is quite snappy and wifi works pretty well. The included browser is pretty good, although it could be a little more intuitive. I have tried the Opera browser on this phone, it works pretty well, the speed of the browser is amazing and the pages render pretty good...but the touch controls are small and sometime link do not respond the first (or second) time.
10. Build - this phone is quite solid for being made of plastic. This past weekend I managed to drop it for the first and second (hopefully the last) time and both time it took it in strides and show only the slightest signs of a fall. The guy who sat on his phone should not be allowed to use this phone...he needs a phone made of stainless steel. The overall layout is wonderful...I love it.
The Nokia 5800 = big bang for little bucks!!!
just bought the phone today..very nice...
problem and a question: whenever i try to browse the internet (already connected through wifi) an error appears: "no gateway response"...what seems tobe the problem and how can i fix it?????
thank you =)
webbo, 31 Aug 2009hi,
had the nokia 5800 about 4 weeks, not had any issues with it untill yesterday! had the ha... moreDUDE come on you sit on your phone and then you blame nokia? idk what to say. Im speachless.
Got it a wk ago. US ver. Black, with black stripe.
-Well built, no cracking noise. I had an N95 8GB US before & the slider was loose after a wk, the back had a cracking noise b/c there is a gap between the battery door & the battery.
-Size, narrow, display uses almost all the avail. surface. Easier to carry than the large flat iphone.
-Display. One of the best. I like the 16:9. 16mill colors might too much but sure looks great.
-Controls work well, sleep slider is a good idea.
-Touch ctrl is good, don't have problems w/it, responsive & quick, the stylus is great but it works fine w/ fingers too. Although I can understand if in the US some has more probs w/it than ppl in EU or in Asia :).
-Camera is good, I do photograqphy so if I want a quality photo I use a DSLR but to snap a quick shot this is just fine.
-Wifi works well, no lagging I tried at home, at a hotel, at a coffee place & no issues, unlike the N95 which had a lot.
-Battery is good. Surprisingly used it for 2.5 days w/ moderate use of wifi, gps, camera, video, music & phone of course. N95 worked for 1 day w/ the same or less usage.
-Affordable 279 USD + free s&h for an unlocked phone is better than 2yrs contract & stripped features from a carrier.
-Fat, if it would be 2/3 of what it is now it would be awesome.
-No lens cover
-Applications are still hard to find, much less than iphone has, also no Office application installed.
-Home screen should have a menu option between the dialer & contacts. Only 4 shortcuts on home scr.
-Could be a little louder
-No stand in the box.
-8GB is pretty good, however nowadays they could throw a 16GB in it.
Overall it's a great phone with gps, wifi, 3G in the US and lots of features in a small body at an affordable price.
had the nokia 5800 about 4 weeks, not had any issues with it untill yesterday! had the handset in my back pocket for a journey in the car! when i got to my destination i took out the handset and the bloomin screen had a big dirty crack right across the middle! has anyone else had any issues with this happening??? and before any funny comments come up, im not a 25 stone sumo wrestler! its gone to nokia care and is going to cost £65 for a new screen! not really happy but what do you do??? i have always had handsets in my back pocket and this is the first time a screen has broken! is this common or am i unlucky?? cheers