Vass, 04 Aug 2009If you think the fact that the phone lasts at most two days on a single charge is "awesome" th... moreSomething wrong with me?
Hmm... I use it to listen to music non-stop for the duration of my shift, that's 9 hours. I listen to music non-stop on my way to work, that's about 2 hours back and forth, 9 + 2 = 11hours of music listening. so in 2 days, its 22 hours of straight music.
When I get home, I use it to send messages, synce files and music via my laptop, check my facebook, blog and e-mail via 3.5G, then listen to a few bit of music using the loudspeaker.
With all that abuse and it lasts me two full days and further EFFORT to drain the battery on the 2nd night by watching videos on it.
I would say it's pretty awesome.
Then again, if you will not agree, I won't say there's anything wrong with you. Because bashing other's opinions, specially if you do not have any facts to back you up, is considered pretty rude.
denpacs, 04 Aug 2009Yup, v30 is already available in the Phils. You can't update it thru the NSU, you need to upd... moreHi..whats the diff of ver21 from 30?! I am having a hard time updating it..always giving me an error, no updates available or something like that...
i have more confidence of my self when i have a 5800 cp,they call me now "the bagdok king" because they say my cellphone is unique..
The price of Nokia 5800 has been slashed in India. The current price is 16500/- rupees down from 19200/- rupees. This would mean 5530 xpress would be available somewhere between 12k-13k rupees.
creepy.chan, 03 Aug 2009hey pinoys out there..can anyone tell me if the version 30 is already updated on the philippin... moreyup, got same response via NSU and OTA, only v21. i was hopin to get v30 thru NSU or OTA but to no avail, NYAAR!
i even went to nokia care greenhills to have mine updated but when i arrived there they said that v30 firmware is not yet for release for 5800 units sold in the Philippines (a.k.a. 5800-d) i guess "d" stands for "default" accdg to d nokia customer agent. i asked em y dey didnt informed me in advance when i inquired over d phone prior my visit that dey have v30 but it is not yet officially for release.
what dey hav then was only v21 too. well, great. good thing was dey were able to restore all d license keys of all preloaded contents (videos and songs). i lost d license keys when i updated OTA to v21. restoring my full backup from my microSDHC and PC suite didn't work. i guess only nokia care centers can restore em back =)
KceeGee, 04 Aug 2009Here is my review for the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. I have this mobile for 3 weeks now and thes... moreIf you think the fact that the phone lasts at most two days on a single charge is "awesome" then there's something wrong with you...
I would like you show me detail how to download applications to install in my 5800XpressMusic.
I want to viewe my files(word,excel, PowerPoint and PDF).
you could send me via my e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Princess Flo, 04 Aug 2009May i know 5800 have wi-fi or not?princess flo.
yes. it does have wi fi!
Here is my review for the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. I have this mobile for 3 weeks now and these are my opinion so far:
1. Battery Life is one of the best I've experienced in any mobile device.
I listen to music all day long (9hours/day approx) , moderate use for SMS, Internet, reading notes, playing games and viewing gallery, with all that I only have to charge it once in 2 days, and I even have to force it to drain in the 2nd night. ^_^
2. The phone size is just perfect. The width allows for single-hand texting (with the alphanumeric keypad).
Screen Size and resolutions is perfect for watching movies.
It is very pocket-friendly even with the rubber case.
And it is surprisingly light to carry around.
3. Since I LOVE listening to music, I will have to say that the music quality trough the earphones and loudspeaker is really great. PLUS since it has a 3.5mm jack for both the phone and remote, you can use your favorite earphone. Just one letdown, I'll discuss it later.
4. Messaging is really good. having a choice of inputs (alphanumeric, full qwerty, handwriting & mini qwerty) It will suit your messaging needs.
5. Internet capabilities are also good. Browsing the internet is a breeze, with wi-fi, gprs or 3.5G.
6. The Package! The package is really something else, it includes a LOT. Some of it is not even part of some Nseries package, which is pretty neat for a mid-range device.
7. The build quality is also good for me. Espcially for a mid-range device. Yes it is plastic all the way (most Nokias are anyways) but the plastic used here is really good. I was also opting for a black 5800, because at first I didnt like red or blue ones, I hated BLUE the most. I ate my prejudice, I am lovin and lovin it everyday specially with all the details. Thumbs uP!
Areas for Improvement:
1. Syncing. When transferring BULKS of music (say 100+ songs) It does not automatically update. It also at times do not get the album art. BUt it is workable.
2. Earphone sound can be a little louder. I'm used to listening to an iPod (3years), and I was dissapointed with the volume in my ears that was being produced by the 5800. The maximum im getting is just around 60% of an iPod. So if there any work-arounds here, please, do tell me.
3. I guess the loudspeaker location on the phone is at the left side so as not to distort music when texting, BUT if you use with the stand, the speakers are facing down. and since it only rotates to one side, you really have no choice. BUT this is not a BIG issue.
4. Camera is not... hmm.. very awesome. BUT it is GOOD ENOUGH. I bought the 5800 knowing that, so that's quite ok I guess, and v30 had improved it somehow (havent tested it yet). and I don't use its camera anyways. ^_^
5. I also hope that when you minimze the Music Player, you get the controls on the home screen, instead of just the song tittle. >_<
Overall, I love the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. It's good multimedia phone. and the battery life is just plain awesome. I think Nokia is already tweaking the FEW minor bugs that the device have.
so yeah... I WILL DEFINETLY RECOMMEND this device.
do 5800 have wi-fi or not? i emphasize on this.
5800 and 5800i got any different?
pls reply me as soon as possible. i need 2 get one urgently.
hope 2 get feedback from those know about those issues.
thank u very much.
chase32, 04 Aug 2009Hi..I just upgraded my nokia 5800 to version 21, but some files wouldn't open especially image... moreI have same problem as you that my internet browser asked username and password. But the problem is no longer. I dunno what happened the problem disappeared itself. Now my device relatively stabil.
therock, 04 Aug 2009is there a firmware update for the 5800 in the US? My 5800 currently has version 20.Try to update directly to your device over the air. Dial *#0000#. I just updated my phone and currently I have V 21.0.025. It's only about 3,4 MB something. I was trying to update to V30 but not available yet to my device.
The latest update V30 is not available on NSU. When I try to update it over the air using my uni's WIFI connection, it says define Server Profile. What is that?
The web browser is opening the sites correctly. Anyone please help.