Wow the camera is enhanced in night mode 100%, well dun nokia.
I love this nokia, now is over with camera problem on this firmware v30!
BIL, 27 Jul 2009can anyone tell me that that what about the new firmware which the nokia is going to lanch new... moreif u live and bought ur N5800XM in Manila, bring ur phone to Nokia Care Alimall or Greenhills and they will update ur phone's firmware to V30 for free (if u still hav ur warranty). u may also try FOTA (firmware over the air), press *#0000# on d dialer and press "options" then "check for updates" and answer the ff prompts on ur screen. be sure to fully backup ur phone's internal and microSDHC first before proceeding. ok? u should have ample battery left (at least 80%) and a reliable high speed internet connection (3.5G or available wi-fi access with high speed connection too) before u begin
also, connect ur phone to ur PC via USB and choose "mass storage" or "data transfer" or "media player" and browse "nokia phone browser" on ur PC's "My Computer" and copy all ur device's internal memory (dat is how nokia instructs us to backup our preloaded contents' license keys). license keys r needed so preloaded videos and songs will still work after updating whether via NSU at home or FOTA. hope ds helps.
for V30 unofficial change log (changes/improvements) click here:
some people r just not that UPDATED when it comes to latest available firmware. i guess by now u know who provides REAL and TRUE information here. =)
KceeGee, 27 Jul 2009The 5800 Black Edition's only difference from the Normail 5800 is the COLOR or just physical. ... more"All those persons saying that the V30 is already out just want to grab attention, misinformed or just a plain liar"
i just wanna help =( gee..
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970obviously im not =) if u bought ur N5800XM in Manila, update urs now mr/ms rude to V30 (i think its d other way around..)
Samarth, 27 Jul 2009Hey All,
I want to install free software for Ms Office in my 5800 ....any recommendations/l... moreThere are 2 softwares for microsoft Office files (.doc, .xls, .ppt...)
1- Quick Office .
2- Office Suite
But sorry , both aren't free.
I think Quick Office is built in in your 5800 , isn't it ?
feko, 27 Jul 2009can anyone help me, I have 2 messages in the sent item can't delete. always a message said alr... moretry deleting in oofline mode if still issue do master reset
steps menu-settings-phn-phn mgmt-factory setting
default password 12345
not much difference with the new s/w
can anyone pls tell me the +ves and -ves of the new s/w in brief
New Firmware Version is available now.
Here all information:
hey i bought nokia 5800 in United States is it going to work in Mexico.All the stuff of 3g and nokia maps?. Im from Mexico. Thanks
nokia 5800 is a verry bad mobile i hate it verry verry much i want to give a complain abount it.it is toooooo slow mobile so plz my dear friends never buy this mobile plz plz
can anyone tell me is it better to buy this phone which made in china under the authority of nokia finland with nokia care warranty or to buy one which is made in hungary but with Mobile ZOne warranty?? plz replyy thanxx
I ve bought this phone.This is great but the problem is that web browser plays only Youtube videos but videos on other web sites it does'nt play. The frame in which video plays is black and written f9 means Flash 9 .Does any body get the same problem and what is its solution I ve Firm version 21. Did V30 resolved this????
It feels as though there is a general improvement in the stability in the phone with ver. 30.
Other improvements seem to be:
1. Response time for apps and the menu system is better
2. Sensitivity of the touchscreen feels improved
3. The scrolling smoothness has improved
4. Also, note that when tap and holding a menu item, then dragging up or down almost to the edge of the screen results in a smooth but speedy scroll action. Don't believe it was as good or even usable before
5. Loading and unloading of themes seem to be much faster
6. Heavier use of shading when overlapping of menus or 'windows'
Basically just speed and usability improvements. Can't see much else, though I'm aure there is lots under the hood.
1. some applications just crash, like messaging (I'm writing a new nessage, and i try to input a symbol, and suddenly, the message is just gone)
2. it fell down once (just 1 feet) on the ground, and the screen started to flicker. flickering would go once i locked the screen using the side slider, and then came back up after some time. Nokia care is great though... they replaced the entire screen free of cost, as it was in warranty.
3. Microsoft office not available for free.
1. GPS works gr8.
2. Music apps work gr8.
3. Video quality is gr8.
4. Because of the AUX jack, it can be connected to almost any device... TV, car stereo (i answer my phone calls like that), comp (and use it as a web cam).
V30 is out for update but like the other person said nothin visibly has changed. Everything is the same to me! Was excited for this... Bleh! Was hoping for a new fancy home screen and shit but no. Oh well. Just gotta wait for the next update
Just updated FW to 30.0.011 ota...my RM is 356. So far I haven´t noticed any changes..none of the goodies we expected. Maybe next time...