It feels as though there is a general improvement in the stability in the phone with ver. 30.
Other improvements seem to be:
1. Response time for apps and the menu system is better
2. Sensitivity of the touchscreen feels improved
3. The scrolling smoothness has improved
4. Also, note that when tap and holding a menu item, then dragging up or down almost to the edge of the screen results in a smooth but speedy scroll action. Don't believe it was as good or even usable before
5. Loading and unloading of themes seem to be much faster
6. Heavier use of shading when overlapping of menus or 'windows'
Basically just speed and usability improvements. Can't see much else, though I'm aure there is lots under the hood.
1. some applications just crash, like messaging (I'm writing a new nessage, and i try to input a symbol, and suddenly, the message is just gone)
2. it fell down once (just 1 feet) on the ground, and the screen started to flicker. flickering would go once i locked the screen using the side slider, and then came back up after some time. Nokia care is great though... they replaced the entire screen free of cost, as it was in warranty.
3. Microsoft office not available for free.
1. GPS works gr8.
2. Music apps work gr8.
3. Video quality is gr8.
4. Because of the AUX jack, it can be connected to almost any device... TV, car stereo (i answer my phone calls like that), comp (and use it as a web cam).
V30 is out for update but like the other person said nothin visibly has changed. Everything is the same to me! Was excited for this... Bleh! Was hoping for a new fancy home screen and shit but no. Oh well. Just gotta wait for the next update
Just updated FW to 30.0.011 ota...my RM is 356. So far I haven´t noticed any changes..none of the goodies we expected. Maybe next time...
Can anyone tell me here that is 5800 better or E63? Please need adviceee
i just got the v30 update. Aside from the faster UI, And visible increase in brightness, and kenetic scroling on web browsing, i cant realy see a major change on the phone. Not even the home screen. Which is a little disapointment.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970hi, where in the philippines have u asked that is price at php13,900? i looked over at sm marikina it's priced at php14.5k..
V30 available over the air in Mumbai, India. Didnt download it yet as battery low. Will inform u guys about the changes tommorrow.
DS, 27 Jul 2009I updated my 5800 to V 21.xxx on 25th July 2009. And the size of the update was 122 Mb.Thanks Ds thank you.
Yes i asked some questions from you and my comment is not displayed.and it say approved from moderator.
one question DS if you dont mind.SHOULD I BUY 5800 FROM MZ or United Mobiles.And ehat stuff they offer in nokia 5800 box.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Get Bolt software double signed for your phone, and don't worry any more.
Irfan KK, 26 Jul 2009Hi Bro.When you update to v21.xxx. What was the size of that update .thanks broI updated my 5800 to V 21.xxx on 25th July 2009. And the size of the update was 122 Mb.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I just updated mine over the air, it's real faast, but other changes i don't see for now.
Why camera is not that good at night is, as i found out that this phone camera is 3.2MP, but i have read the firmware roms in raw and ANSI, and is not fully activated but onlly 2MP max stretching i YUV of 3MP, that's why we get bllury picture a bit on the dark folks, and i guess nokia has dun this with purpose to be able to have balance on other phone sale.
can anyone help me, I have 2 messages in the sent item can't delete. always a message said already in use.. anyone can help
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970i have had a 5730 xm now for about 2 weeks,i also have a5800 ..i became a little tired of the touch screen,,(the novelty does wear off)5800 is a little bit louder in volume,but not by much,5730 is heavier in weight,has basicly very similar features, 5730 is much faster ,,both good phones,,only difference really is one is touch screen .the 5730 isnt,,but has full slide out qwerty keypad...music player is much better on the 5730( dont have to keep using screen unlock switch )
Guys...the kinetic scrolling was supposed to be in v31(which will be out after the release of 5530) and not v30. But guessing from the present situation.....i dont think that it will be introduced even in v31.
We can just hope for it. Till then, i would reccommend every one to buy 5530.
5800, 27 Jul 2009v30 is out here in the Philippines.. no kinetic scrolling or improved homescreen.. ju... moredo you mean all 5800 sold in the philippines are already v30? how will you know? if not, where can i download this version? reason am asking is that i am planning to buy one.price is gong down. last i ask it's only P13,900.00 cash.