best nokia phone iv ever had and the best touch screen ive ever used even though its symbian operated it still has a nokia touch to it. i think its better than the iphone
hey, yow scharkozi??! is dat 4 real??! an upd8 4 5800??! v.31.0.015??! where's ur source??! can i have it pleaze??! planning 2 sell my 5800 bcoz i'm afraid nokia won't upgrade its software just like d 5530's widget based home screen & it's kinetic scrolling... lil' help pleaze??! tnx!!! tnx!!! tnx!!!
yeah! i agree! it's da best! only if its firmware wil be updated same as d ware of d 5530, 5630 & 5730! haha! upd8! upd8! upd8! upd8! upd8! upd8! upd8! upd8! upd8!
d release of 5530 in asia is 2 weeeks or almost a month later than the release in europe.. Its price costs at the range of 11-13,000pesos in the Philippines..
Advantage of 5800XM:
-Very loud, crispy music
-3G of course
-Internet became faster (w/ its updated version 21.0.25)
Disadvantae of 5800XM:
-Thicker/longer physical dimensions
-Poor image and video recording (needed 2 b adjusted everytime u use it, bcoz it comes back 2 default settings)
-Poor scrolling function (unlike 5530 and iPhone's quick scrolling)
-Desktop function is poor (unlike N97 it has 6 divided display fxn/short cuts for quick access; and 5530,5630 & 5730's 4 divided short cuts on the desktop/main screen (#1-scrolling shortcut contacts on d upper screen w/c can have 20 of ur contacts w/ images; #2-lower screen w/c contains ur shortcuts like messaging, music player, gallery, etc.; #3-next to d lowest is d music player shortcut on d main screen w/c allows u 2 play, pause, forward, access previous songs directly in ur main screen/desktop; #4-uses display for events, how many is ur unopened messages, and pending alarms 4 d clock)
seriously guyz??? new firmware v31 coming on 10th of july??? where did d memo came??? where is your source bro??? tnx!!! bcoz i'm planning to sell my 5800 & buy 5530 just bcoz of d widget/main screen shortcuts as well as d kinetic scrolling of d 5530 & iphone...
after updating my software version from v11 to v21, the songs as ringtone dont play!! :( and some songs in my music player are marked cross!!! HELP :(
I love this piece. It has everything s person can want on a phone. I going to it next month
hi guys, i need ur help!!! i updated my software version from v11 to v21 today and somehow am having major problems relating music player!!! for eg. any song selected as ring tone is not playing properly... its a terrible sound as if d song is being dragged or crying!! i am worried!!! and some songs in my music list hav been marked a cross besides them!!!
SOME1 PLZ HELP ME>>
Scharkozi, 07 Jul 2009Breaking Newzzzzzzzzzz !!! v.31.0.015 firmware update for Tube 5800 will be available acros... morehow do u know for sure..??i mean,in the youtube video they show only upgrade from v15 to v31-in the first place there was no v15 for nokia5800...have any concrete evidence forthe new firmware other than the video and gossips????????
i can admit that the handset is fairly making wonders with its features and the flexibility on music!
Breaking Newzzzzzzzzzz !!!
v.31.0.015 firmware update for Tube 5800 will be available across the world on 10th July'09
Update will include :
1)Fine tuned camera performance.
2)New improved widget based Home Screen
3)Improved battery performance.
4)Optimized touch experience.
5)New eye candy photo browsing experience.
So will you wait till 10th July...
Guys, here I bring you some useful
5800 Tips and Tricks
1. To bring out the Shortcuts on your Screen/Desktop-> Settings/Personal/Home Screen/Home Screen Theme and select Shortcut bar, you can then select which shortcut to display if goto "Shortcuts". This will also bring out the "Track" playing being displayed when you open the Music Player.
2. Tap the Clock to bring out the Clock menu and make your alarm, alarm repeat is now built-in.
3. Tap the "General" or Date (the set Profile besides the clock) and the Profile selection menu pops out, almost similar to pressing the "Power" button in all S60, but here the Remove memory is not shown, but "Calendar" shortcut is included and the other profiles as well.
4. If you are on the Numeric Keypad, pressing the [#] key alternately will toggle the General and Silent Profiles, same as before, which means long press on zero  will bring out bookmarks for the Web.
5. Tapping on the displayed To do or Calendar entry will bring you immediately to that particular item.
6. Tapping the Active Icon on the Top Left (near the battery indicator) will give you shortcuts for any of the active icons.
7. Long press on the Green Call Button will still activate the Voice Command Prompt
8. Long press on the center button is similar to the Long press on the "Menu" key (the yin-yang key on most S60) which will bring out the menu for all the active applications.
9. Go to Applications/File Manager and setup "Backup" for automated backup schedule of your phone data.
10. How to update your Nokia 5800 firmware using your phone.
Presss *#0000# to display phone factory information and firmware
Now press options and select check for updates
The newest update is sent to your phone from nokia
Download and install updates.
This is done using GPRS or WIFI Connectivity.
1. Use Dialer and press # for about 2 seconds will switch the profile between Silent and General; press and hold 0 will open the web browser; press and hold 1 will open the voice mailbox
2. There is a shortcut key for Music, Gallery, Share, Video, Web shortcut at the top right corner just below the front camera
3. Press and hold the Green caller button when standby mode will activate the voice command. You could call the name from the contact or application name.
4. Organize your sms by grouping them like outlook by Messaging -> Option -> Setting -> Text message -> Other -> Show messages in groups -> Yes
5. Notification light will blink if there is unread sms/missed call. It could be turned off at Settings -> Notification light -> Off
6. If the touch input is not accurate, you could calibrate your screen at Touch Input-> Touch Screen Calibration -> ( Tap around the 4 dots at the corner)
7. Turning control functions:
a. Rotate your screen horizontal or vertical
b. Silence your phone for incoming call by rotate your phone with screen facing down.
c. Snooze the alarm by rotating phone screen facing down
8. Theme effect will give 3D and transition effect if on but will slow down your tube considerably. Settings -> Personal -> Themes -> General -> Themes effects -> On/Off
9. Shortcut to exit application : Press and hold the middle white button then press and hold the program that you wish to quit, an open/exit option will pop out (useful for those haven’t install handy taskman yet)
10. When using handwriting input, slide from left to right is Spacebar, right to left is Backspace
11. Organize your menu by Menu -> option -> organize. You could drag and drop the location of the application you wish to relocate.
Battery saving Tips:
1. Always turn off wireless scanning, Bluetooth when not in use
2. For those not using 3G, choose your network mode to “GSM” instead of “Dual mode” which will consume more battery. Settings -> Connectivity -> Network mode -> GSM
3. Less Display Light
a. Setting -> Phone -> Display -> light sensor (move the slider to the left)
b. Setting -> Phone -> Display -> Light Time-Out (lesser time to save battery but annoying if too short while you are playing games)
4. Always terminate the application properly that is not using by using Option ->Exit. It might be running background and consuming battery which you don’t know.
Memory Saving Tips:
1. Restart your phone if the memory less than 30MB, you could either soft reset (User a dialer and dial 5 * * then call) or hard reset by pressing the power button
2. Use Handy Taskman to close all application regularly or kill application that is not in use.
Camera & Picture tips:
1. Some noise could be reduced if set the ISO sensitivity to low instead of auto.
2. When viewing pictures, you could use your stylus to view for previous (slide left) or next (slide right) picture like iphone feature.
For converting video that is high quality to play at 5800, should use the mp4 format as below (All is 16:9 widescreen):
a) Xvid @ 678kbps resolution 480×272
b) Xvid @794kpbs resolution 640×352
c) H.264 @ 512kbps resolution 400×224
d) H.264 @ 550kbps resolution 400×224 (Recommended)
1. If you can’t find your songs after transferring from your pc to memory card, go to music player -> Option -> Refresh library
1. Always install your phone theme on the memory cards. This is because if some theme does not work (Christmas tree) then you need to flash your phone.
2. Uninstall your application in proper way. Use Menu -> Setting -> Application mgr. -> Installed apps -> Choose application then option n uninstall
Winura, 04 Jul 2009I have no idea when the phone was manufactured but the OS has been put in it on the 26th Jan 2... moreWinura just wanted to check from when by default we are getting 5800's with firmware v20.. thats why i asked your cells mfd. you can check your cells mfd from the box it is printed on the side. where all the import details are printed.....
pamie, 06 Jul 2009PLEASE HELP ME. :(
my screen blacks out when there's an incoming call, alarm, or even when ... moreHey PAMIE, theres a proximity sensor besides the front camera. I m sure that you have covered it with an opaque material. Remove that cover and put a transparent screen guard instead.
Thats the only problem u are facing.