I got this phone yesterday on Vodafone UK.
I'm liking it very much so far, but only have one problem with the GPS.
I was under the impression that the UK and Ireland map would be free and unlocked seeing as how I purchased it in the UK. This is not the case and when I zoom in to where it finds me I get a message asking me to activate this map. Does this mean that I need to pay €50 to buy the UK map, just as I would any other map, or is there something else I need to do to unlock this map? I am only interested in the UK map for now.
I managed to install the Nokia map loader software onto the phone and use the Free UK map with that, but I am interesed in using the standard Nokia Navigator software aswell.
can you please tell hows is the loudspeaker voice quality and loudness while recieving the call and while listening to music. Any faults or patterns that cause phone to hang/freeze?
Do one needs to pay extra to download maps of other countries?
does anyone know if this phone can navigate bearings eg. nothern - eastern points?????
hey i got this phone is brilliant but when i put my bill pay chip in it it charges to use it but when u put a pay as you go chip in it dose not how is this
this is a good phone, the gps is pretty good, best yet in a phone i feel. the camera quality is good too, i mean they could have made it better, but at the same time, for a phone, what can you expect? I like it!
great phone love it ...really dont understand ppl that dont like this phone its really good quality...
I bay this phone yesterday its very nice one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
there is parts etc to fix the navigator if you go through nokia care either in the valley or at aspley they can help you if you just brought it, it is covered under your manuf warrenty...or if you brough it within 30 days it there is a DOA period you are eligiable for
I am think of buying this phone
I am mainly using it for its GPS
But is that free or do you have to pay for it depending on how long you are using it for???
I just bought N6110 Nav yesterday in Brisbane Aus and now hearing about this fault with the phones and no parts in Aus to fix it? My other option was a 6500 slide, think i made a mistake as it has better organiser functions and no major faults reported...Can anyone give more info about 6110 problems and give me advice about whichis better phone, GPS not important to me.
i have got this phone for about a month now and the phone is fantastic, i love this phone it's the best phone i had but i noticed having a few problems with it like eg.my phone froze once when bluetoothing a mp3 but the main problem is when being on mxit because i would be chatting and recieving messages then suddenly i notice that i would stop recieving messages which is really really annoying because if i login again it's works fine then it happens again...........is it to do with 3g coverage?........ please help me out if anyone's having the same problem or if anyone knows what i should do
might consider this phone... over the n81... its between this phone and the nokia e51
i'm from malaysia. i heard from handphone shop seller said that nokia 6110 navigator have problem (integrated circuit on the board easy burn out, nokia call back all the phone for repair, thats why all the market suddenly don't have stock for around 2 months). last week heard people said have stock already.
can anybody tell me did the problem already solve?
Hey, gies please tell me what is the cost of te phone?
Does it have any problem?
hows its battery backup?
I have to buy a phone and also tell me some other good phones.
Hey im also from SA,JHB.
Thats great news that you are happy with your 6110-Nav but may i correct you in some places.
I doubt 6110 can fully boot in 5secs,ive got an N81 which uses similar hardware,the actual boot up is in 20secs which is still realy fast especialy for a smartphone.
Another thing,its not a 387mhz CPU, it has a 369mhz Freescale CPU also used in N81. Indeed Nokia have done well these phones. :-) 6110-Nav has great GPS, better than N95.
I chose this phone over the HTC TYTN II because:
1. it has a better resolution 16TFT as opposed to something ridiculous from HTC. The picture quality is amazing at 1600x1200
2. There is full HSPDPA and EDGE. Downloading emails via pop3 is easy and lightning fast.
3. Its running Symbian v60 which boots up the entire phone in 5 seconds as opposed to over 1 minute with the HTC and needs rebooting everyday and the HTC TYTN II is slowers that HTC TYTN I as its running windows mobile 6 which is rubbish.
4. It comes with 512 MB RAM - micro SD card
comes with full map of South Africa. You must buy additional Tomtom software for teh TYTN II and it freezes all the time. The Nokia N95 comes with a map of only 1 city. you must buy a map for every additional city.
5. It has 2 biiig speakers and you can hear navigation loud and clear with the radio on. 6. Sound quality is amazing. Listen to Radio(TYTN II doesnt have) or loud MP3/4s.
7. The GPS software inuse is called Route66 and works like a charm!
8. It has USB 2.0 and bluetooth 2.0
9. People can hear me on my bluetooth car kit. I had a loud noise on the phone with HTC.
10. Nokia has the ability to move all pictures to My pictures on the computer
louder and clearer
11. The phone boots up in under 5 seconds as opposed to over 1 mins with HTC.
12. I can SMS and drive now.
13. Nokia menus are much easier and faster now to use
14. It has a 387MHZ CPU running Symbian which is virtually error free unlike Microsoft's version of Windows Mobile which slows down the 400mhz processor to a dead still on the TYTN II.
as opposed to
15.fast to move around the map and zoom in and out
16. It comes with a nice pouch and got a free Nokia cellphone stand for the car
I left Nokia after buying the 6260 which was loaded with a buggy first version of Symbian. The navigation system brought me back to Nokia. This phone is sold out at most retail stores in Johannesburg. Thanks for a great site GSM Arena.
just post your msg here, if u guys can help me....what will i do? i hav dis fon 4 almost 1month olredi but until now my GPRS/MMS is not activated yet,,,,.....