i need to know if the nokia 6230 can record video until the memory lasts??. I heard from a phone dealer that it only takes 10sec videos.
Each has its good and bad, k700i look like a toy calculatorwhereas 6230 like a remote controller.
My choice is clear, nokia has good resales values (like toyota car) whereas k700i has no good resales values.
can any one tell me whether 6230 have web browser? can we see html sites on this phone? then how?
hi! can anyone help me what phone to buy? im choosing between nokia 6230, nokia 7610 and sony ericsson K700i. thanks!
To Passion of Phone and fsstwy:
please can you tell me whether 6230 can have web browser? can we see html sites on this phone?
what is 40MB??? well, k700 can only have 500+ items in the address book, that's items! not slots or names.. so the firstname, family name is already 2 items, so basically if you put 1 tel no. per name u can only have 166+ on the phone book, yikes!
so put a full CD tracts, thats 10 to 12 songs, and how many pics now??? what about ur movie???
why bother with a 256MB MP3, if u can use that money to buy a phone that can have as much 1GB MMC card, that does MP3, can be used to load any files, like a flash disks, play games, has FM stereo, and so forth??.... cmon people get real...
To Passion of Phone and Lisa:
I personally feel that SE K700i is better than Nokia 6230, (no offence).
The reasons are as below
1) The SE K700 design is much nicer and pleasing than the N6230 which at first glance does indeed look like a calculator. N6230 has no special design.
2) One thing i woulld clarify is that Sony Ericsson phones only charge up to its full battery perfomance only after aroung 5-8 times of charging. It means that a New K700 will only function at its full battery performance after the user use it for more than 2 weeks. It is true, u can view the opinions for K700i for further clarification. :>
3) Even though SE K700 does not have a extended memory slot, it is still capable of storing up to 6-7 MP3 songs.
The sound quality is also very good.
If u want to listen to lots of MP3 songs in one go, it would be more advisable to buy a 256MB MP3 player instead. The SE700 FM radio is also a good source of music. :)
4) The SE K700i mailny focuses its abilty in its 4x digital zoom camera rather than its Stoarge problem. SE700 with its 41MB space is already enough to takes more than 50 pic.(Maybe more than that!)
5) Nokia6230, though has a 128MB MMC, its camera features is not as good as SE K700 as SE700 has a more advanced camera functions. Furthermore, how does one take picture using N6230 when its screen are so small to focus.
6) Hence for those of u who are still not sure of which one to buy, N6230 or E398 or K700i, I would reccomend K700i!
Its definitely worth th e money~
i just bought this N6230 a few days ago...but i has some strange problem..when someone misscalled to my phone (the phone ring as normal)..but after when the person send a message to my phone...thats no message tone coming out from the speaker!!...i bought this phone back to the shop and the salesman help me to upgrade the phone's software to a newer version....but the problem still appear...can anyone tell me how to solve this problem????
Lisa, I think Nokia 6230 is better. Personally I used 6230 for 3 mths and sold it, bought the K700i and only used for 2 weeks. Sold the K700i and bought the 7610 and also used for 2 weeks. Eventually bought back the 6230 and I think I will stick to this 6230 for long unless the phone is better than 6230.
K700i looks nicer but it does not have MMC memory slot for expansion, the joy stick a bit of sensitive and the phone response is a bit slow. Worst is the battery performance, very quickly the battery drains out. For the Nokia 7610, it's appealing but the keypad rather odd. It's suppose to be a highend phone but lack of infrared port and no radio. Though it is smaller than 6600 but it's still quite big andf heavy.
6230 may not be perfect but it is a small phone with everything built-in. Normally, I took pictures and transfer to my pc and it's still look sharp. Another plus point, I can simply take the MMC card to the studio and develop photographs and change express covers whenever I like (K700i cannot). Hope this can help you in the decision making to buy either K700i or Nokia 6230.
Which phone do you think is better, the Nokia 6230 or the Sony Ericsson K700i?
charlie, u need glasses, it is 65K and it is supper bright and crisp, r u sure it was a 6230 and not a 6220?
It is said to have 65k colours, however, i think it more like 4k, the screen colours are rather pale. Last week, i went to shop to buy 6230, after compared the screen, i changed my mind, bought moto e398 instead
Is this the 1st time you will be using a phone as a browser? Well, you need to set up your WAP settings 1st!
u can compare any phone camera, which one is better :)
i knocked my phone in my jeans pocket and its staalled i enter a feature and it just stays there,switch off fone but wont sotok out battery and its reset but very doddery cud be faulty circuitry
i've dropped this phone and can't access any of the media geatures. it says the memory is full but you can't access the card.
i'm really unhappy because nokia service centre is miles away, inconvenient to get to and the supplier (singlepoint uk) should justtake it back. but they won't, they want me to take it to a service centre.
then what? i won't have a phone. very dissapointing service and the phone is too fragile.