Can anyone help me, since got this 6230 phone and this problem have been bothering me.
When I took pictures from the phone, stored and later send out by mms-perfectly no problem. But when my friends transfer pictures to my phone either by bluetooth or infrared, this 6230 can received and stored. But unfortunately, whenever I need to send out this pictures by mms, always prompt File Format Not Supported.
I sent in the phone to check and the service centre said it's like that (but I tried other nokia camera models do not have this problem) and I called the Nokia Helpdesk 2-3 weeks ago and promised to look into the problems but never call me back and I'm sick to call them again because no action.
Worst still, since I bought this phone one and half months ago and faxed the CD-Rom request form at first week of April. (No CD Rom in the package when bought) Have called the helpdesk few times alternate week and still getting the same answer-shipment delayed.
Now I'm getting tired waiting for the answer and I don't think they will called me. Feel disappointed with the poor service and looking to buy another model. Can anyone recommend any brand or model that is better than this disppointing phone. Anyway, I like this phone because of its 4 mins recording, otherwise....
Thanks for reading and hope to hear from u soon. Have a nice day ahead.
thanx guys..but when tranfer by infrared completes it asks whether i want to store it in mmc card or phone memory..but i think maybe while transferring it firsts stores it in phone and then when transfer is complete it gives options...one thing more is data cable faster or infrared or bluetooth
if you are having problems connecting your 6230 to PC via Bluetooth, and you have Bluetooth hardware (cards, dongles) equipped with Widcomm software (MSI, TDK etc).
Try the following tip:
Open your Windows registry in Registry editor: Menu Start -> Run -> type "Regedit"
locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Widcomm\BTConfig\Services\0004 key
locate AcceptOther entry
change its value from 0 to 1
reboot your computer.... enjoy BT to the max!
Additonal: for USB Dongles- if you still can not connect, try putting your dongle in USB port 0 (zero) or the very 1st USB port... i think this also works with 3650, 6600, 7650, etc.
hello ted!..1st of all, f ur using the N6230 pc suite, u r able to select from w/c memory to save the mp3 files..f u r not,u must move the files to the MMC....
Can anyone transfer the factory installed wallpaper in the phone Water.jpg and email it to me.I've deleted it by mistake. Its in the Images folder. Many thanks.
I think when u transfer the files via infrared, it will be saved by default to the phone memory. To use the MMC memory for the MP3s and pictures, u have to save them from your computer via USB.
Does anyone here listen to the MP3 and experience skipping of the tracks in the same song? (I'm referring to MP3 player, not MP3 as a ringtone)
I bought nokia 6230 ..i transferred 2mp3 songs and around 4-5 jpg images via infrared but when am trying to transfer more mp3s with infrared it dosent transfers and days enough memory not available but i have around 17 mb memory in my mmmc card can anyone tell whats the problem
Hi again everyone. HOpe someone can answer this or at least the single earpeack part for FM radio. Anyone with Firmware 3.15, using bluetooth headset to listen to MP3? Does it work? Can I use a single earbud headset to listen to radio? eg Headset model HS-5
hoping that this can help...
- Tri-band phone operating at GSM 900, 1800, 1900 MHz frequencies
- 97gm w/ battery, 103x44x20 mm, 76 cc
- Nokia UI API, Series 40 V.2.0
- SMS (txt), MMS, EMS, e-mail via SMS
- Memory: 8MB Shared Internal, 128MB MMC official, 512MB claimed by others
- Supports grid key matrix, 3-labeled soft keys, 5 way scrolling all for navigation
- Connectivity via Bluetooth, IR, and USB via DKU-2 cable
- Active TFT w/ 128x128 pixel resolution @ 65,536 colors, 16 bit
- 3GPP video recording and playback
- Integrated Audio Player plays AAC/MP3
- Integrated FM Radio, VGA Camera, Handsfree Speaker
- 24 Polyphonic Tones, MIDI Tones, AMR, AAC/MP3 Tones
- EDGE (EGPRS), GPRS, HSCSD, CSD
- xHTML MP & WML, 1.x over TCP/IP, WAP 2.0, JAVA (MIDP 2.0)
- Box includes, phone, CD for Nokia PC Suite, HDS-3 Headset, BL-5C, 850 mAh, Li-Ion Battery, Manuals
- 6230 Site Link - http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,47665,00.html
6230 MAJOR BUGS & QUIRKS and HOW TO FIX
- CALLER GROUP BUG
- Do a quick factory re-set: go to MENU-> Settings-> Restore Factory Settings->
Enter Code: 12345 (12345 is stand. default Nokia sec. code for all Nokia phones)
- CAN NOT DELETE FILE BUG
- If you go to Gallery and you can not delete a file in any of the folders
just RE-START the phone (turn OFF and turn ON)- works on other quirks as well
- NOKIA PC SUITE (NOT A BUG, but a mojor issue to some)
- Nokia PC Suite V.5.8 is more stable compared to the V.6.0 in general (others will disagree)
- Can not install Nokia PC Suite? Download and run Nokia Register Cleaner 1st
- PC connection via BT varies from different BT dongles being used,
- some BT quirks have been fixed just by changing the USB port (Fill it out Guys!)
6230 MP3 & SOUND GOODIES
- Plays Normal MP3 and Nokia AAC, iTUNE AAC can not be played
- Use Nokia Multimedia Manager (PC Suite) for RIPPING CD tracks and downloading files
- MP3/AAC Files can be downloaded direct to the phone's MMC via IR & BT using N. Multimedia Manager or N. Phone Browser
- You can RUN MUSIC PLAYER and play games, download files, browse your phone etc,
sort of multi-tasking capability
- Music Player STOPS when you receive a call, end the call and the music resumes,
- Make a call music stops and resume thereafter
- Handsfree SPEAKER is LOUD!!! (IMO, louder than 6600, and P900)
- RINGTONE for calls, txt, can be AAC/MP3 or MIDI Tones,
but can not assign to individual Contacts
- HDS-3 Pop-Port Headset is very good for music
- With your full charge battery, run MP3 for 8 to 10 hours and it will not be drained
even with calls (but your ears will hurt for sure)
- Fastest way to fill MMC cards with MP3/AAC is via USB MMC Card Readers,
or built-in SD/MMC Card Readers/Drive Slot
- MP3/AAC can be used for ALARM CLOCK Sound (so is radio),
but appointment alarm is the same boring Nokia mono-tone
- Nokia Sound Converter can convert general MIDI to Nokia Scalable Polyphonic
- CONVERTING MP3 ---> AAC, well, I'm still looking for something free
6230 VIDEO GOODIES
- 4 MINUTES FULL VIDEO RECORDING with sound (about 2MB file size)
- Recorded video clips are comparable to 6600 and P900, IMO
- CONVERT VIDEO to 3GPP via Nokia Multimedia Converter:
Link - http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-63,00.html
- Other Video Convertion Link -
- LIKE SMALLER 6600 screen, bright and crisp
- Viewable in INDOORS & OUTDOORS
- Turn off the phone and you see a line on the screen- this is NORMAL
- WATCH OUT FOR DEAD PIXELS!!! (check 1st before buying)
- Customizable SCREEN SAVER & WALLPAPER
- NO Brigthness, NO Contrast Controlls for the screen
- Contrast for pictures is for viewing only,can not be saved
- Best Nokia BT implementation so far- BT is for data & sound
- Battery last longer, connection with BT Headsets is a breeze
- Known BT headsets that works like a charm: Jabra BT200/250, SE HBH-60/65, BlueTreck G2, Plantronics 3000 (please add...)
- Voice Dial via BT is superb, tested with Jabra BT200 (better than SE - very subjective and IMHO)
- It is NORMAL to hear phone key clicks once BT headset is paired w/ phone- all phone sounds transferred to BT
- BT headset will connect automatically to phone if it was out of range for a while
- Disconnect BT headset 1st before turning off BT on phone or the phone itself
- Do the opposite & you will need to connect BT headset again to phone
6230 RF & VOICE QUALITY
- Superb! RF comparable to 3650, 6310i, 3530, 3595 and great voice quality
- Reported ECHO- varies form phone to phone. If major issue,return ASAP
- REMOVE MMC card, standby time can last 2 weeks- depending on actual use
- MMC IN, standby is less than a week
- Take VIDEOS & PICS and you will be happy if it last you the whole day
REMOVING OPERATOR LOGO see link: http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...threadid=347340
EXTREME PHOTOS & SAMPLE VIDEO CLIPS see link http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...threadid=348094
FOR GPRS Settings and others see link
NOKIA 6230 PHONE SUPPORT LINK - http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,53397,00.html
TIDBITS.......YES it has a CREAKY Back Cover, and has a subtle PINEAPPLE SCENT
6230 IS THE MOST FULL-FEATURED, SMALL CANDY BAR NON-SMART-PHONE AT THE MOMENT
PHONE RATING = SUPERB, EXCELLENT, AWESOME, KICK AS$
for more help goto: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349928&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
how is this i saw it in a nokia priority shop and the salesman told me its a good phone it has a camera , mp3 player, video camera etc, etc but i don't like its shape and colour
Anyone with Firmware 3.15, using bluetooth headset to listen to MP3? Does it work? Can I use a single earbud headset to listen to radio? eg Headset model HS-5
I want to get this 6230 nokia but is it any better than the sagem myx-6 cos the camera and sound on the sagem is excellent plus it has x4 zoom on camera before you even take a photo and it has great record for recording your own tones, does the nokia 6230 have this function? So please get back and tell me before I buy the nokia 6320.