Well, it seems the only phone, which can be compared with 6230i is N70 (from those available in the market). The only con for the latter I have noted so far is lower resolution especially for larger screen size. However, I don't think this is tragedy. On the other hand, N70 is packed with really lot of more state-of-the-art features and functionalities that make this phone worth considering absolutely the best on the market. I may consider buying one once it appears here.
I was just coming to that by logical deductions that as MP3 itself is a stereo music file and the phone supports stereo audio output (radio), why should it lack stereo MP3 play.
Hehe.. one really stupid thing about this phone.
YOU CAN'T take backup of your phone onto your MMC card that you have inside it.
what is the big use of it then ?
If a radio can be heard in a stereo format, why not MP3s? Please note that only one loudspeaker is installed in the phone. So, direct loudspeaker stereo output is ruled out. My question is - through the earphones, can we listen to MP3 songs in stereo format?
Pinak, you can listen stereo Radio (there is such an option in Radio settings), but not apparently not Music (with Music Player) though I am not 100% sure, maybe it depends on the music file (MP3). By the way can anybody inform us on this? Thanks.
Nice Armanian.. LOL.. you are finally making me drop my wallet out for this phone now.
OK so..anyone please clarify..
1. Can we listen to stereo sounds (from earphones) from this phone? because I know that the loudspeaker is a mono.
2. What is the latest firmware that this phone is shipped with in Asia?
3. Why NOKIA does not include data cable with such high range phones? no one will buy this phone without a data cable.. because connectivity is the thing for such things. It is really stupid.
Lo, if you want too see the menu like in SE push the middle (menu)key and then the upper left key. You will see that you have this option in 6230i.
Well, as I am really fond of my 6230i, firstly I would like to answer some of the questions and concerns below:
1. Dear Nyee, you can change the menu style - both matrix and single forms are available, however I would suggest that this Nokia type menu is nice as well, you just have to get used to that after SE, I too used to have a SE, but found this style for attractive, by the way I can suggest you another thing, which I did for mine: you may keep the standard style for the whole menu but change Gallery menu to matrix so that you can enjoy your preferred matrix form as well as get easier access to your Gallery content.
2. I totally agree with Pinak that a phone should firstly be a good one then camera, mp3 player, washing machine, etc. This is exactly the case with 6230i, which is very stable and reliable phone let alone Nokia's excellent performance both in terms of connection and other features.
3. Dear Andras, you cannot switch on the radio without connecting the headphone as the latter plays the role of antenna for the radio, after connecting it you can choose to listen with headphones or from the phone's speaker.
4. Dear Jags, 6230i is certainly better than W800i, simply because it is Nokia, by the way please note that SE memory cards cost more than Nokia's ones.
5. Regarding the shortcomings mentioned, I disagree with most of them: talk time is OK (4 days on average), sound is OK, camera is OK, voice recorder volume is OK, so I really love this phone.
6. Now regarding some bads about this phone. Firstly I agree the ascending ringing is stupid, I wonder who at Nokia has thought it is a good idea. Pictures are opened and are closed (returned to the Gallery or its folders) rather slowly, but I think this is more or less normal, this is a mobile phone not a PC after all. What else I don't like is that called numbers appear alone (under the green button), received and missed calls' numbers are accessed through a sophisticated and long sequence of actions, I know this is usual for Nokia phones, but why !!!??? And after SE I find message writing really less friendly - I would go deeper and explain / show specifically what I mean but it will make this opinion too long. Also I think absence of zoom and night mode with video recording is a gap - not because I think that is very vital for a good phone but only taking into considerations that commercially this phone should have been provided with these features not to lose to other phones even of lower grade.
7. Even after all this I cannot find enough reason to go for K750 with its 2mp camera, better sound and higher ringing sound, longer talk time, all the extra features, autofocus, flash, etc. To tell the truth I used to be a tough fan of SE appreciating especially its high technological standing, but after buying 6230i I understood that this is THE MOBILE PHONE.
Good phone,has it all but personally i hate the menu,i got used to SE type,it shows all and you just pick them,in nokia they just show an option at a time that sucks.Oh and the speaker could be a bit louder,k700's owns this one's
i have this phone, from a while, in my point of view, Nokia 6230i is one of the best after Nokia 5110 .. and old and antique model :) ... Good reception, nice display,user friendly, sensitive joystick.
I don`t like the camera only 1.3 MP, it is a little bit blurred.
from 1 to 10 this phone deserves 6.5, considering 10 is impossible at the moment.
Everything is nice but the camera behind must be kept inbuilt without any external panel around. And a flash light is missing too. Other than this, its an excellent device.
NOKIA 6630 is a smartphone. Don't compare it with non-smart ones. In a way.. I still find NOKIA 6230i better.
Also SE W800i, if price is not the issue, is definitely better than Nokia 6230i. But the thing is.. Nokia phones - I find them more stable and user friendly. Believe me, there is no point in having all the best cameras, mp3 players, washing machines, televisions, radio sets, food processors inside your phones. It is just a dead investment. A nice set of features for a phone is always nice. Treat your phone as a possession and not a nine day changeable gadget.
Please clarify one thing -
Does this phone have a stereo output? I know that it has a mono loudspeaker..but when you connect your headset.. is it stereo?
Hi there, I need your help:
does anybody know whether a software from Nokia is available by which the size of letters can be adjusted bigger when writing an email.I think at least elder users of this otherwise fine phone would welcome it as in the works setting letters are barely visible. The same situation with Nokia's 9500 and 9300, 6800 etc.
Another question: how can I listen the radio just put out on my desk without connecting it with e.g. a headphone? In a dep.store it was just put out on the shelve and everybody could listen the radio from the 6230i.
Thanks for your help or op. in advance: Andras
I see this comparison would have been better with SE W800i. Diff.between them being EDGE, very good battery life, memory media (SD/stick), flash for photos in SE. Anything Imissed out?
Which of these two (6230i or W800i) is worth buying? without price being the point.
Regarding some songs.. which don't play.. the reasons are
- The sampling rates of certain songs are trickey.. they can have variable bitrates. Nokia firmware can get cheated about the same
- The song itself is corrupted. But still on your PC it plays.. because the codecs installed on your PC are much more intelligent to take care of it.
- It can just happen without any reason.. blame it on NOKIA otherwise.. if nothing works.
hi,i got a problem with my music player, i have sum songs on my phone which were transfered from a usb cable but, at times certain songs wud not work with a ? on it. Can anyone tell me why it doesnt work, and why does it say file format not supported ?!?