Hi there, I need your help:
does anybody know whether a software from Nokia is available by which the size of letters can be adjusted bigger when writing an email.I think at least elder users of this otherwise fine phone would welcome it as in the works setting letters are barely visible. The same situation with Nokia's 9500 and 9300, 6800 etc.
Another question: how can I listen the radio just put out on my desk without connecting it with e.g. a headphone? In a dep.store it was just put out on the shelve and everybody could listen the radio from the 6230i.
Thanks for your help or op. in advance: Andras
I see this comparison would have been better with SE W800i. Diff.between them being EDGE, very good battery life, memory media (SD/stick), flash for photos in SE. Anything Imissed out?
Which of these two (6230i or W800i) is worth buying? without price being the point.
Regarding some songs.. which don't play.. the reasons are
- The sampling rates of certain songs are trickey.. they can have variable bitrates. Nokia firmware can get cheated about the same
- The song itself is corrupted. But still on your PC it plays.. because the codecs installed on your PC are much more intelligent to take care of it.
- It can just happen without any reason.. blame it on NOKIA otherwise.. if nothing works.
hi,i got a problem with my music player, i have sum songs on my phone which were transfered from a usb cable but, at times certain songs wud not work with a ? on it. Can anyone tell me why it doesnt work, and why does it say file format not supported ?!?
this phone os half generation older than k750,it cant be compared to that in any way,
there are much better Nokia phones out there but this is the most comerial(figures)
well one thing i agree bout pinak's opinion on 6230i is the battery (as i am a hardcore user), the rest i think it doesnt matter, even with the annoying ascending thing. nokia's battery is always been a pain since... ever
I haven't compared this phone with its equivalents. Now is the time to do it, after a lot of bogging down on them.
Sony Ericsson K750i - Adroit Class best seller. Let us start pulling it out of the box..and mention the first sights of luxury
1. 2 megapixel excellent camera
2. Atleast 50% better sound quality and features
3. All in one phone
4. around $80 extra than NOKIA 6230i here in India.
Now, causes of concern
1. Sensitive joystick.
2. Camera shutter sound cannot be turned off
3. Screen is not imbedded.
4. Keypad and looks.. leaning to amateurity
5. A bit low on sounds and ringtones.
Believe me.. GO FOR IT!!! Both are not smartphones.. so.. it does not matter.
So, I come up again with a final list of goods and bads about this phone-
First the good things now :D - Because people seem to criticise on bad things.. but don't appraise nice things written here .. :D
1. Good camera
2. Good sound quality
3. Excellent Keypad and ergonomics
4. Good business class looks
5. Sound levels are ok
6. All- In - One phone in a great price range
1. Ascending ringtones and sounds
2. No night mode for indoor recording
3. In some shippings.. not a very good battery life.
- But things can get juiced up in next firmware.
This would suffice now to decide a final word to buy this phone or not.
You are my favourite. Hehe, even I am planning to buy this cell. Now I confirm on it.
But, don't you think, that NOKIA should be providing everything without any bugs what they specify about the phone?
Also, the phones that are shipped in for ASIA (India), some of them are facing the battery life problem.
I find indoor video recording a problem in this phone.. that is actually a cause of concern.. but it is okay.
Also ascending ringtones may miss a call.
Otherwise.. great phone!
Can I email you in this case?
PINAK , pls....
1. "Ascending ringing and sounds" - true but what such a big problem??
2. "Not a very good battery life."-false(my phone battery lasts for four days and and even more if I don't use video recording)
3. "No night mode for indoor video recorder"-true but not such a big problem either because you must understand that this is a phone not a video camera. if you want to have good video quality buy a video camera.
4. "Not a sharp and crisp audio" - This phone has a very very good quality sound(it depends especially of the mp3's quality). I have in my phone mp3s which you can hear loder and clearer than in 6230.
5. "Little bit blurred camera but ok" false again. The camera is very good for a phone. The quality of the pictures depends of day light. I have to repeat now: if you want true pictures buy a photo camera with phone(wich does not exist yet on the market)not a phone with camera.
6. "Limited number of sms storage"- this feature I don't know because I didn't try it at maximum yet.
7. "Cannot delete all SMS at once" FALSE- this option exists: messages-delete messages-inbox or out box or sent items etc
8. "Can hang at times so has to be restarted"-this didn't happened to me in 2 mounth of using this phone but maybe some handsets have this problems (try not to drop the phone on the floor)
9. Low sound when recording over dictaphone-false again.
In conclusion there are not such big problemes with this phone. This is one of the best phones nowadays(if you compare features-price).
I recommend it!
well I'm considering buyingt this phone, about all these disadvantages the phone has - how many of them can a firmware update solve? and maybe ver 3.40 has already solved some of them...?
By far, I have read about following significantly important problems-
1. Ascending ringing and sounds
2. Not a very good battery life.
3. No night mode for indoor video recorder
4. Not a sharp and crisp audio
5. Little bit blurred camera but ok
6. Limited number of sms storage
7. Cannot delete all SMS at once
8. Can hang at times so has to be restarted
9. Low sound when recording over dictaphone
Following nice things about the phone
1. Exceptional connectivity features
2. Best in class crisp resolution, and looks
3. All-in-one for a normal user
4. Free from Symbian OS problems
5. Still very fast being heavily loaded
6. 1.3 Megapixel camera and video recording
So.. count on the number of good and bad things.. and make a choice. I won't include any comparison with other equivalent phones.
Diadvantages:(1)Menu changing reverse is very slow.(2)Recording a conversation gives a beep.The caller knows you are recording.(3)Gets stucked and have to be switched off.(4)Cannot take a photo from a video after making it still.(5)Cannot erase all messges.(6)Next photo to be opened opens very slowly.(7)Voice recorders volume is less.I have seen smaller dictaphones with very enhanced volumes.(8)Battery life is short lived.
i found out tat my fren's 6230i got show date n days display on d main screen but my want dun hav la, izit dis is bCos of d software porb? thx 4 ur helps..i hav check all his mobile fone setting,its d same wf me so im wondering y..
well rambo. latest seems to be 3.46.. As to bugs only 1 i found was during bluetooth conection to earpiece,when you press any menu buttons it momentarily goes to volume screen b4 selected screen, connects fine to pc, otherwise brilliant phone, would highly recomend it.
I am considering whether to buy N70 or 6230i?
Please advise which is a better value buy.
Thanks and hear from you.
Woahh...it's very cool CellPhone i'm using it for about 5 months.
hey guys what is the latest firmwire for this baby? Any stupid bug in it?