well one thing i agree bout pinak's opinion on 6230i is the battery (as i am a hardcore user), the rest i think it doesnt matter, even with the annoying ascending thing. nokia's battery is always been a pain since... ever
I haven't compared this phone with its equivalents. Now is the time to do it, after a lot of bogging down on them.
Sony Ericsson K750i - Adroit Class best seller. Let us start pulling it out of the box..and mention the first sights of luxury
1. 2 megapixel excellent camera
2. Atleast 50% better sound quality and features
3. All in one phone
4. around $80 extra than NOKIA 6230i here in India.
Now, causes of concern
1. Sensitive joystick.
2. Camera shutter sound cannot be turned off
3. Screen is not imbedded.
4. Keypad and looks.. leaning to amateurity
5. A bit low on sounds and ringtones.
Believe me.. GO FOR IT!!! Both are not smartphones.. so.. it does not matter.
So, I come up again with a final list of goods and bads about this phone-
First the good things now :D - Because people seem to criticise on bad things.. but don't appraise nice things written here .. :D
1. Good camera
2. Good sound quality
3. Excellent Keypad and ergonomics
4. Good business class looks
5. Sound levels are ok
6. All- In - One phone in a great price range
1. Ascending ringtones and sounds
2. No night mode for indoor recording
3. In some shippings.. not a very good battery life.
- But things can get juiced up in next firmware.
This would suffice now to decide a final word to buy this phone or not.
You are my favourite. Hehe, even I am planning to buy this cell. Now I confirm on it.
But, don't you think, that NOKIA should be providing everything without any bugs what they specify about the phone?
Also, the phones that are shipped in for ASIA (India), some of them are facing the battery life problem.
I find indoor video recording a problem in this phone.. that is actually a cause of concern.. but it is okay.
Also ascending ringtones may miss a call.
Otherwise.. great phone!
Can I email you in this case?
PINAK , pls....
1. "Ascending ringing and sounds" - true but what such a big problem??
2. "Not a very good battery life."-false(my phone battery lasts for four days and and even more if I don't use video recording)
3. "No night mode for indoor video recorder"-true but not such a big problem either because you must understand that this is a phone not a video camera. if you want to have good video quality buy a video camera.
4. "Not a sharp and crisp audio" - This phone has a very very good quality sound(it depends especially of the mp3's quality). I have in my phone mp3s which you can hear loder and clearer than in 6230.
5. "Little bit blurred camera but ok" false again. The camera is very good for a phone. The quality of the pictures depends of day light. I have to repeat now: if you want true pictures buy a photo camera with phone(wich does not exist yet on the market)not a phone with camera.
6. "Limited number of sms storage"- this feature I don't know because I didn't try it at maximum yet.
7. "Cannot delete all SMS at once" FALSE- this option exists: messages-delete messages-inbox or out box or sent items etc
8. "Can hang at times so has to be restarted"-this didn't happened to me in 2 mounth of using this phone but maybe some handsets have this problems (try not to drop the phone on the floor)
9. Low sound when recording over dictaphone-false again.
In conclusion there are not such big problemes with this phone. This is one of the best phones nowadays(if you compare features-price).
I recommend it!
well I'm considering buyingt this phone, about all these disadvantages the phone has - how many of them can a firmware update solve? and maybe ver 3.40 has already solved some of them...?
By far, I have read about following significantly important problems-
1. Ascending ringing and sounds
2. Not a very good battery life.
3. No night mode for indoor video recorder
4. Not a sharp and crisp audio
5. Little bit blurred camera but ok
6. Limited number of sms storage
7. Cannot delete all SMS at once
8. Can hang at times so has to be restarted
9. Low sound when recording over dictaphone
Following nice things about the phone
1. Exceptional connectivity features
2. Best in class crisp resolution, and looks
3. All-in-one for a normal user
4. Free from Symbian OS problems
5. Still very fast being heavily loaded
6. 1.3 Megapixel camera and video recording
So.. count on the number of good and bad things.. and make a choice. I won't include any comparison with other equivalent phones.
Diadvantages:(1)Menu changing reverse is very slow.(2)Recording a conversation gives a beep.The caller knows you are recording.(3)Gets stucked and have to be switched off.(4)Cannot take a photo from a video after making it still.(5)Cannot erase all messges.(6)Next photo to be opened opens very slowly.(7)Voice recorders volume is less.I have seen smaller dictaphones with very enhanced volumes.(8)Battery life is short lived.
i found out tat my fren's 6230i got show date n days display on d main screen but my want dun hav la, izit dis is bCos of d software porb? thx 4 ur helps..i hav check all his mobile fone setting,its d same wf me so im wondering y..
well rambo. latest seems to be 3.46.. As to bugs only 1 i found was during bluetooth conection to earpiece,when you press any menu buttons it momentarily goes to volume screen b4 selected screen, connects fine to pc, otherwise brilliant phone, would highly recomend it.
I am considering whether to buy N70 or 6230i?
Please advise which is a better value buy.
Thanks and hear from you.
Woahh...it's very cool CellPhone i'm using it for about 5 months.
hey guys what is the latest firmwire for this baby? Any stupid bug in it?
i think that the 6230i is the best thing since sliced cheese!
it's an amazing phone.
very user friendly
i'd recommend it to anyone!
For what stupid reason this phone (Nokia 6230i) is so expensive in Romania. It is a good phone but after a year I think that the price of 360 euro is pure crazy. In other E.U. countries the price is more acceptable. Why? Are we the reachest people in Europe with a medium salary of 100 euro? I must pay almost the salary for 4 month! No way! I will wait for now. I hope that with time, the price will go down and will appear better firmware versions. Please answer me, what are my chances to buy this phone till Christmas? The question is for sales managers of Nokia - Finland. In Romania also you can buy a second hand phone as a new one for too many stores. It is very difficult to know which is really new because the salers are very bad .............................no comment!
Great Phone.. newer layout and style compared to original 6230.
i model has more features and is clearer all in the same size with a new centre button so it makes it easier instead of having to push a 5 piece button.
This phone has a better rating than the W800i Sony Ericsson..
there is zoom option in the camera !!
Check this page :
In the part of imaging...