Which sound quality is the best ?, nokia 7600 or 6230i?? Both are stereos
guys n gals,
you CAN create multiple playlists - i have.
i did it using the pc suite & bluetooth. After i copied the music on via a card reader. (quicker that way)
You CAN use a whole MP3 file as a ringtone, but it's not the smartest thing to do. your phone can't ring for 3 minutes... better to trim out the best part. saves space too.
A tip on MP3 ringtones - save it on the phone not memory card. that way it won't get reset all the time.
you can have a max of 2gb mmc memory if you buy the specific card from "moby memory" they assure you it works. you can get 1gb and 2gb cards! a very good plus point!
to install a 3.5mmm adapter in the std HS3 Nokia headset, I refered to Howards Forum. It's really easy DIY stuff, actually. you just need a soldering iron (which u can get from supermarkets).
the adapter that i use came together with a set of Philips headphones. you'd notice it from the packaging. if you spoil yr headphone in the process, don't worry, there are a lot of HS-3 headset for grabs at lelong.com.my at very cheap prices (where owners are selling it off coz there're using b'tooth headset). Good luck!
Hey NokiaMia, where did you get the adapter converting the pop-port to 3.5mm. Its cool man. Please tell me.
Christine, the way I feel is that the 6230i's sound quality is really ggod, no doubt about that. But I completely agree with NokiaMia about the headphone factor. Hearing music on the Nokia headset doesn't give you the feel of hearing an ipod. But with those earphones the 6230i sounds good then imagine what the best pair of headsets would do? SE W800 is the phone I am looking forward to being a Nokia fan. Lets see what can be done but I can assure you that I am not leaving my 6230i, I just love my phone. Another thing if you dont want to keep 6230i then you should go for the W800. Its music player is really awesome and the camera is the best available in the market (among the cellphones). But if you are in love with your 6230i then I would say go for an Ipod. Thats it. You let NokiaMia and me know that you decided. Take care.
Is anyone know that 6230i (with v3.4)can be support well for the chatting stuffs ie MSN?
Thanks in advance.
can you full mp3 tracks as ringtones? for example should i use a track from a popular artist as a ringtone will it work, like the sony ericsson phones where you can actually have music songs as ring tones?
Hi Mike. The cable you need is the DKU-2 you can buy it at almos any cell phone store.
Here are my comments on 6230i (I've got 3.30 firmware):
- display is much bigger than it was eg. in 3100/6610/6020 etc. - font is clear and big
- keypad is just brilliant, what a pity that side buttons had to be reduced in order to create a sexy design:)
- for the first time, one can set every shorcut the way he/she wants:)
- taking some pictures a day, using bluetooth for a couple minutes daily and calling a little, the battery lasts for about 5 days
- added themes support (however if you select one of them, ringtone sound is resetted to the default one - Nokia Tune)
- built-in camera is not so good - pictures are grainy and colors are little 'washed out', not vivid. Taking pictures by night is impossible
- alarm works even if the phone is turned off
- an entry from phonebook can be added to more than one group
- easy search of people belonging to particular group
And now some bugs to show that 6230i is not so perfect:)
- menu is lagged, but acceptable
- it 'rings' much quiter than eg. 6020:( Ascending ringtone problem is annoying (rings quietly for 5 seconds, then gets louder), especially when receiving text messages which are very likely not to be heard
- operator name sometimes disappears 'out of the blue' (eg. while exiting 'go to' menu), then it reappears
- photo attached to an entry in phonebook is very small and hardly noticable, it's a pity there's no 'full-screen' mode:(
- clock in 'save-energy' mode is too small, it was much better in 3100/6100 and even in 6020
- volume-buttons are placed to high and therefore uncomfortable to use
- while sending text messages by Nokia PC Suite, message counter in the phone doesn't change:(
- PC Suite doesn't respond much too often which is really irritating
christine, I'm assuming you're still interested in cellphone WITH mp3 feature... my take on yr delimma is: if i'm dead-on serious about getting a cellphone with the best mp3 sound, then get those that gives out the best sound quality AND the best headphones. the 6230i gives out very good sound quality - but not the best AND crappy headphones. you need a phone that has 3.5mm jack so that you can hook it up with the best headphone in the market. so far, i only see SE W800 giving out this feature. it's worth a try and already available in m'sia at rm1990... and that's including a 512Mb memory card! I heard that it even support playlists (i could be wrong).
but if u just want an mp3 player, nothing beats iPOD on oohhh-factor. Great sound quality comes in naturally.
to me, as a part-time bassist, my 6230i (using my Philips h/phone) serves me well enough to hear the notes clearly.
Thanks Paul. You have provided me a very good insight. Paul, Do you think Nokia 6230i's sound quality is better than ipod? Do you think ipod is the best among zillions of mp3 players in towns? Thanks..Take care....
I know you asked this question specifically to NokiaMia but still I want to discuss some points. First of all the Ipod is solely a music player and thus it surely sounds great, at least I feel that. Secondly the 6230i can be upgraded to 512 Mb of MMC (a 1GB or 2GB MMC can be used but I tested it with them and the results were not at all satisfactory because of the frequent hangups and the processor becomes slow) which I think is less for storing music files. My phone has upto 90 songs, I want to put more songs but I can't as there is very less space and a 512MB MMC gives you at the most 490MB of space. So an IPod gives you the chance of storing more song files. Again the 6230i does not support playlists. If you put songs in different folders in the MMC the music player shows them in one list only and you have to select individually what you want to hear. That sometimes becomes very annoying as it takes some time to search through all the tracks and find which one you want to listen. If you are a music lover then I think investing your money on a IPod won't be a bad idea. Lets see what NokiaMia has to say about this. Take care.
Nokia Mia, I need your opinion.Do you think I should ditch my Nokia 6230i as my mp3 player and buy mini ipod? Do you think Nokia 6230i has an edge in terms of its sound quality of its mp3 player if compared to ipod? Now, I havent upgraded its memory storage and I am thinking of buying a mini ipod or an ipod. Please enlighten me... Thanks...
first of all great phone,best design, many features but I have one question and I hope that someone can answer to me ,how can I create more than one playlist in music player I dont know if it is even posible ,when I want to listen specific tracks it plays everything that I got on my memory and just wondering can I create specific playlist? anyone please?help
nokia has strong panels, i smash it .the panels resist but not the lcd display & the electronic board. good plastic :)
Thanks but it there a phone (Nokia) which is flip-up and has got the features of a 6230i? That would be one cool phone...
Hie, just want to know what is the overall comment about this phone? Do this phone got most of the feature others phone hav? What do you think between this phone and nokia 7610? Which one is better? How much is this phone now? Thanks
sound forge is an excellent software for trimmin n lots of other ways to modify. i dono whether its free to download. but im sure many of your friends will have it. its kinda popular. if its free its well n good.
it would be wonderful if .sis files could work on this phone but sadly..