Does the 6230i have a distribution list,is there any way that i can send an sms to a group of people
I was about to buy N6230i when I saw the user review by wannabelean that there is no option for sending 'mass' sms es to many people in one go. Is it true? I am using Samsung c100, which is not having the option of sending sms to a group. If that's the case with 6230i then I must rethink. Apart from that I've gathered that it's an excellent phone. Thank you all.
hi everyone... i've just bought 6230i with firmware 3.25 and I noticed some "weird things" :
1. the camera, when I'm taking indoor pictures, I noticed a horizontal lines going down (like when u capture CRT monitor with low refresh rate)
2. mp3 player, when I tried to set the equalizer to my own setting(I raised the most right for treble so the equalizer looks like 'V') then I noticed the sounds on the headset are going louder and softer on the entire song, which is very annoying... did anyone experience this too?
thanks kay for your help. I just got a call from my service centre saying that they'll be replacing my handset because of the it's rebooting problem (well this problem came when it was at the service, i never had this initialy). the service centre said that they couldnot guarantee me that the new phone will not be having the lines problems, but i take your word, assuming that the newer lot of phones are free from bugs. i think that the initial batch of this model all over the world had these bugs (mine was made in April 2005, the launch month of this mobile). The delivery may take upto a week as they donot have a stock of the new batch till now. But i assume its worth the wait. the time i had the phone its a splendid model with quite good sound quality. i even got a DKU-2 cable with my mobile and the data transfer is very smooth and error free. there is a bit of a catch with the id tag for mp3 files, mine only recognised the IDv2 tag, but that can be taken care of in any Mp3 player software like winamp.i could not install the datacable drivers correctly in win98 SE but they were no prolem in win2000. i haven't tried out the PC suite but will do so as soon as i get my replacement. Overall a very good handset which had to suffer alot due to some silly mistakes from Nokia's side.
Hey people I am really sorry for waht I said about the message counter. the phone does have a message counter but its located in the call register menu. All my previous phones had it in the Message menu, thats why I overlooked it. I take my words back. SORRY.
It's n new phone, new phones don't make white lines, thats why we are sharing info, to find out if its n problem, or if its just a natural thing of the 6230i...
People out there who are complaining about the white lines...I don't know why you guys are bothered with that???Does the white lines affect your eyes or they pinch you huh??PLEASE stop complaining, either enjoy the phone or throw it away. Thats it.
Mine's 3.30. Earlier piece had 3.23.
Yes, I do have one issue I forgot to add. The camera has a noticeable shutter lag. So you need to get your subject still for more than the normal second. This is rather difficult with difficult subjects like kids or scene from a moving object! But again, this camera is for fun shots, for serious shots I'd obviously use a digicam.
Does anyone knows how to install application on 6230i..I'd tried on Nokia PC Suite conected using IRDA but it just doesn't work. The Icon is there but won't open or bring to any active menu...Please Help....Also do you know of any application useful for this phone? Pls advise...Tnx..
good fone so btw whats the latest price of 6230i in KL? i wan to know thanx post the price pls
No, my new set doesnt have the ascending ring tone issue or the whitelines while switching on. Older piece had the 2nd problem, but not the first.
For others whining about the phone:
Ringtone issue is rather small compared what another rival model from another manufacturer is facing....reset of the memory and sim card everytime you switch it off. I had wanted to exchange to that one while I was waiting for this and my dealer asked me not to - despite the fact that he could have pocketed extra money in the process. He has quite a few complaints on that front and the manufacturer has done nothing about it so far. And I did confirm this issue via quite a few online forums too! In that sense, Nokia is a better devil :-)
Hey wannabelean, how do u go about crashing the phone?i think the one's in South Africa are 90%.
Does anyone of you face any problem with the phone's infrared? It seems that sometimes the phone can't receive files transferred using infrared. Anyone has this problem with the infrared?
For Expert ppl out there...Pls advise if this unit can play wav tone?...if not is there a way to load application to support this? manny tnx... JAB
I just read that u got a replacement for your 6230i in bangalore and the sets just fine. i just wanted to inquire that does the new lot of phones still have the ascending ringtone problem and does your phone show vertical white lines at switch on as i'm having with my phone.
There is no way you can play N-gage games on the S40 platform. Although I'm not sure, the chances of you finding a gameboy emulator is very low for S40 devices
No man. It works fine. The 6230i is a great phone sans the alarms and tones problem which makes it compeletely useless. Whether its good or not for you is a decision you'll have to make. If you can settle with volume 4 ring then its a fine phone. There are other things Nokia has overlooked with this phone. They are not problems but for some unknown reason Nokia has not included them in this phone.
1. You call not send mass sms...There is no way to send a message to a list(contact group) of people.No firmware update will change this( If you need a confirmation, post a message here because a Nokia expert has given this information). So dont assume that it will be included in the future. This has been a standard feature in Nokia phones for more than two years now. So all of you who want to send "Happy New Year" or anything else to the hundreds of your friends and family your in for a major dissapointment because you have to manually send them one by one.
2. There is no option to delete all sms delivery reports. Again, this has been a standard feature in Nokia phones for more than two years now.
3. Only 50 contacts can be assigned to a user group. A friend of mine has assigned 150 contacts to a group on his 6230.
4. When you type a long sms message and when you are about to review it by going on top, the phone reboots. I dont remember exactly how it happened but it did happen twice and its an issue being discussed by most 6230i owners. If you want more info on this, post a message and I'll let you know exactly on how to crash it ;)
That sums it up all
does the 6230i play ngage games? cam you modify it via programs to do so?
is there a way of saving the game files to the mmc card and opening via applications(collection) or game menu as mine is full and i would like to add tons of games to my mmc but cant open drectly.
pps. is there a gameboy emulator for the 6230i? does it play full screen 208x208? also are the roms accessible if saved to mmc card?
please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org thanks