Hi Sukhbinder !
U can contact with:
3F. Radisson ComplexCommercial Plaza.
NEW DELHI 110 037
Tel: +91 11 6779000
my name is sukhbinder, i saw your posting on gsmarena for the nokia 6230i.I agree that the 6230i is a very good phone but with a lot of bugs. Even i'm having problems with my 6230i. The day i got it the display shows white lines on black background at swith on. the ring tone always remains ascending when at maximum volume. there is a problem with the message tones and keypad tones also. I have updated the firm ware to 3.3 but still the same problems. i gave the phone for the second time to nokia care and they said that the display will have to be replaced. I've mailed a number of times nokia care for the replacement but they have not responded to it. i got my handset on 9 may and it has been with me for about 2-3 weeks and rest at service. Can u guide me in how i should contact nokia. I'm living in new delhi, should i call the main office of nokia multimedia (as it was the importer address on my phone box). i was provided with a defective handset right fromthe start, at times i think i'll have to go to the consumer courts. I'll be very obliged if u can offer some assistance.
I got a non Nokia DKU-2 cable, and it worked perfectly. I connected it to the phone and the the phone started to show up in the phone browser located in 'My Computer'. From there you can access your phone and the memory card as well. Then you can just copy and paste the MP3 files from the hard drive to the MMC, really no sweat. I have converted my MP3s to AAC as AAC format takes less space and retains the quality as well. The phone plays music really well. There are a few users whose handsets have some flaws with the player or they could not oprate it, I really have no idea, but beleive me its GREAT.Just test the piece before buying eg. the radio with the headset,the media player and the loudspeaker. Some sets are having problems but thats 2 or 3 in a 100.
Hi Paul, I'm still in doubts of getting 6230i as "bad" more than "good" in those feedback. Correct me if I'm wrong, as some negative feedback was because user himself don't know how to operate. As a disadvantages, noticed that MP3 upload directly to MMC is not possiable. Must take out MMC & insert to card reader, thus, causes menu "reset". Also, cannot play those WMV files fm PC.
it could be a virus... :(((
if u want to download games FREE or cheap
u can find alot of stuff there
i have recently bought this phone and am experiencing some problems sometimes i watch videos and a message comes up saying 'operation failed' before they come on and wont play this has only started happening after i downloaded some games off a dodgy wap site could someone email me and tell me whether its the something to do with the dodgy games ie virus or just too much data having to be proccesed at any one time Thank you
I'm worried about something about this phone. I now have a 6600 and i want to use the applications and the games that i have on 6600. can this phone run symbian-compatible applications? for example n-gage games or so? please e-mail me at email@example.com .. I'll be very glad.
hey i also have a similar query. i've got an additional SD 128 MB card that came with my digi cam. can i use it for this? it says its compatible with mobile phones too. would appreciate any input on this...
Can anybody please tell me what MMC should I choose, I mean to say which brand???? Is there a specific brand or just any MMC will do???
Plaese help, Please, Please, Please
I am a music lover myself and you won't regret buying the 6230i, really, trust me on this.The sound is really perfect when listened through the headset and the loudspeaker is also very good, at least no distortions or echoes, clear music.
At last I got it yesterday. My very own Nokia 6230i. The screen is excellent, really. But the pictures taken are not that crisp as I was expecting. The camera is really average one. My Nokia 6020 took better pictures being a VGA camera, at least I think so, because after transferring the pictures to my PC the pictures look a bit blurred. I had to resize the images. Still the camera is not the only feature in this phone. The MP3 player is really cool, the radio is great. The player sounds perfect when using the headset, really. The loudspeaker is very good, compared to my 3120, 6610i and the 6020, it the best among them. Still the song sound better through the headset. My phone came with a 64MB MMC, lucky me, I have stored about 8 songs, 7 in AAC format and 1 in mp3 adn I have still got 18 MB left. No doubt its a great phone but the ascending ringing tone is a bit bothering. I keep my favourite music as the ringtone but I am missing out the first three to five seconds because of this ascending tone. Other than this everything is great. Really worth the money. People who are confused about choosing among 3230, 6230i and 7610 should clearly go for 6230i. Any bet...
oh .. and buy this software to convert video's "good" to play them "good" i mean .. to not make ur phone hang or freeze or restarts when u play a longer video/movie
hey u guyz.... the phone is great . i'm using it 4 a couple of months and i must say that i did not encountered any bugs .. everything it's working 100% fine .. so:
1) the camera isn't great .. i have not bought this phone to take pictures, i have a camera to take pictures.......... but it's better than the K700i and e398 and v975
2) video recording it's pretty good, not as i suspected but it's better than the 6600
3) it has 32MB internal memory, it's a good thing, it comes with a 32MB MMC card wich it's another good thing, but if u wanna turn ur phone into a multimedia player u need alot of space, so don't stick to 32MB MMC card
4) the MP3 player is great and let me tell u why .. it can play up to 320Kbs mp3 songs and comparing with the MOTO e398 wich can't play only up to 112Kbps mp3's. ( tested my brother has a e398)
5) video playback it's great .. and i must compare again with the e398.... the 6230i can play alot of video formats with a bit rate above than 300Kb/s wich means that u will have a great movie a full one in a 128 MMC card with excellent (i must say) video quality and sound.
6) THE SOUND ... it's good but the e398 beats 6230i ay the quality sound .. it's far better .. but this does not mean that the 6230i does not sound good ... it's sounds very good BUT e398 sounds better. sorry :)
7) the phone it's very fast, menu goes fast even if the memory (both of them) are full .. everything goes fast .. MP3, video, etc.
8) good organizer i love it
9) good signal.. one of the best i've had... (don't listen to those guyz that says the signal is bad .. trust me .. it's more than GOOD)
10) screen res. is just amazing u must see to believe
11) hearing (when talking) it's againg excellent
12) keyboard it's good
13) no DUST!!!!
14) the radio it's good ( not very good) it's stereo and it's good .. u can listen quality music on the radio
15) blueT works 100% ( no errors no nothin)
16) IRDA again works 100%
17) very easy to customize and use
18) i don;t know what to say more
21) BUY IT
22) DO NOT BUY 6260 - it;s a crap .. buy 6230i instead.
i'm very pleased with this MULTIMEDIA/BUSINESS phone .. it works great .. so if u have any doughts on buying this phone (6230i) BUY IT ..
greetings from ROMANIA
ahhhhh almost forgot ........ the battery isn't that great .. if u listen RADIO and MP3's all day .. u must charge it at night.. if u don't listen all day .. the baterry lasts more than 3-4 day without switching OFF the phone at night ..
the package MUST contain:
1) 1 32MB MMC card
2) 1 HEADSET ( with HANDSFREE incorporated)
3) 1 CD-ROM
4) charger ( of course )
5) MANUAL :D LOL
6) battery ... etc..
Very nice piece of equip. Got mine for a month or so. Great mp3, radio, acceptable camera, pretty loud sounds. Good design also. Drawbacks : should have larger screen, 256k colors, longer battery life ( main problem ), opening back is always hard, weak keyborad. All in all, excellent !