hey i also have a similar query. i've got an additional SD 128 MB card that came with my digi cam. can i use it for this? it says its compatible with mobile phones too. would appreciate any input on this...
Can anybody please tell me what MMC should I choose, I mean to say which brand???? Is there a specific brand or just any MMC will do???
Plaese help, Please, Please, Please
I am a music lover myself and you won't regret buying the 6230i, really, trust me on this.The sound is really perfect when listened through the headset and the loudspeaker is also very good, at least no distortions or echoes, clear music.
At last I got it yesterday. My very own Nokia 6230i. The screen is excellent, really. But the pictures taken are not that crisp as I was expecting. The camera is really average one. My Nokia 6020 took better pictures being a VGA camera, at least I think so, because after transferring the pictures to my PC the pictures look a bit blurred. I had to resize the images. Still the camera is not the only feature in this phone. The MP3 player is really cool, the radio is great. The player sounds perfect when using the headset, really. The loudspeaker is very good, compared to my 3120, 6610i and the 6020, it the best among them. Still the song sound better through the headset. My phone came with a 64MB MMC, lucky me, I have stored about 8 songs, 7 in AAC format and 1 in mp3 adn I have still got 18 MB left. No doubt its a great phone but the ascending ringing tone is a bit bothering. I keep my favourite music as the ringtone but I am missing out the first three to five seconds because of this ascending tone. Other than this everything is great. Really worth the money. People who are confused about choosing among 3230, 6230i and 7610 should clearly go for 6230i. Any bet...
oh .. and buy this software to convert video's "good" to play them "good" i mean .. to not make ur phone hang or freeze or restarts when u play a longer video/movie
hey u guyz.... the phone is great . i'm using it 4 a couple of months and i must say that i did not encountered any bugs .. everything it's working 100% fine .. so:
1) the camera isn't great .. i have not bought this phone to take pictures, i have a camera to take pictures.......... but it's better than the K700i and e398 and v975
2) video recording it's pretty good, not as i suspected but it's better than the 6600
3) it has 32MB internal memory, it's a good thing, it comes with a 32MB MMC card wich it's another good thing, but if u wanna turn ur phone into a multimedia player u need alot of space, so don't stick to 32MB MMC card
4) the MP3 player is great and let me tell u why .. it can play up to 320Kbs mp3 songs and comparing with the MOTO e398 wich can't play only up to 112Kbps mp3's. ( tested my brother has a e398)
5) video playback it's great .. and i must compare again with the e398.... the 6230i can play alot of video formats with a bit rate above than 300Kb/s wich means that u will have a great movie a full one in a 128 MMC card with excellent (i must say) video quality and sound.
6) THE SOUND ... it's good but the e398 beats 6230i ay the quality sound .. it's far better .. but this does not mean that the 6230i does not sound good ... it's sounds very good BUT e398 sounds better. sorry :)
7) the phone it's very fast, menu goes fast even if the memory (both of them) are full .. everything goes fast .. MP3, video, etc.
8) good organizer i love it
9) good signal.. one of the best i've had... (don't listen to those guyz that says the signal is bad .. trust me .. it's more than GOOD)
10) screen res. is just amazing u must see to believe
11) hearing (when talking) it's againg excellent
12) keyboard it's good
13) no DUST!!!!
14) the radio it's good ( not very good) it's stereo and it's good .. u can listen quality music on the radio
15) blueT works 100% ( no errors no nothin)
16) IRDA again works 100%
17) very easy to customize and use
18) i don;t know what to say more
21) BUY IT
22) DO NOT BUY 6260 - it;s a crap .. buy 6230i instead.
i'm very pleased with this MULTIMEDIA/BUSINESS phone .. it works great .. so if u have any doughts on buying this phone (6230i) BUY IT ..
greetings from ROMANIA
ahhhhh almost forgot ........ the battery isn't that great .. if u listen RADIO and MP3's all day .. u must charge it at night.. if u don't listen all day .. the baterry lasts more than 3-4 day without switching OFF the phone at night ..
the package MUST contain:
1) 1 32MB MMC card
2) 1 HEADSET ( with HANDSFREE incorporated)
3) 1 CD-ROM
4) charger ( of course )
5) MANUAL :D LOL
6) battery ... etc..
Very nice piece of equip. Got mine for a month or so. Great mp3, radio, acceptable camera, pretty loud sounds. Good design also. Drawbacks : should have larger screen, 256k colors, longer battery life ( main problem ), opening back is always hard, weak keyborad. All in all, excellent !
can any one guide me i want to buy a mobile of nokia.plz tell me which one of the followings is the best(6230i,7610,3230).and i like music very much in phone
plz tell me soon.i'll be very thankful 2 u.
Just got it couple days ago, was comparing between 6230i, 3230, and SE K750i. I used SE T68i and Motorola V878 for the last 3 years. T68i was very user friendly and logical but the reception is quite poor, very often people at the other end can't hear me but I can hear them loud & clear. Motorola was a good looking one but no bluetooth nor IR, missed sms, and worse, screens died after just 1yr, so I'm not going back to Moto again.
For the new phone, I was looking for something w/gd reception and battery life, good connectivity such as bluetooth/IR, sync with Outlook, and reliability are must have for me for business use. Other nice-to-have features like decent camera (1megapix or above), MP3, extra storage, etc are 2ndary.
Although the design on 6230i is nothing flashy like the 3230 or K750i, but it does what it's designed to do. True, K750i has 2 megapix camera, cooler look, very good display, but it seems a bit slower than 6230i. 3230 offers good package to sync with Outlook but the camera is just too slow. Both seem to have greater chance of hanging, although I wouldn't mind the K750i, but considering the previous experience w/SE's reception and higher price, I decided to try out 6230i instead. Right out the box it has met my expectation, very good reception (in areas where I had problem w previous 2 phones), sync w/Outlook was simple w/bluetooth or IR via included software, camera was quite decent for a phone(wasn't expecting 5megapix quality), nice loudspeaker, good MP3 sound w/included earpiece. SMS logic is quite easy, just needed a little getting used to switching from SE & Moto.
Short comings... battery seems to last only 2 days (talked 30mins/day, 3-5sms, 10-15min MP3, sync w/PC, uploading songs etc). The volume key on the left side is a bit difficult to press, otherwise not much complaint. No crash or hanging so far.
I'm waiting for a replacement too of my 6230i, in Bangalore. No pieces available anywhere in the city while the ads in TV channels continue :-) Spoke to the Nokia Concept store and they say that fresh stocks will arrive only by the last week of June/ 1st week of July! Its a pity that such a wonderful model is going thru this horrible phase.
Hey guys, what is all of this with the phone crashing and restarting in "media player"? I want to ask those that have encountered this problem if they where using the phone internal memory or the MMC card (if they had one) i think there is a problem with the shared memory. Is it true?
i dont get it, if you ppl have so much probs with this fone,then return the damn thing and get sumthing else,dont keep moaning about it!!!!
I also have the problem with assigning my ringing tone on my 512MMC card. It always goes back to the default nokia tune. Can this be rectified by software upgrade? Thanks.
Wanna know is there any new firmware for this mobile.. Really wanna know?? please tell me if it does? thank you
Thanks everyone for the information about this phone...I'll get it when the software version is good and stable enough.
At the moment there are some problems with setting up this phone for Push To Talk - the software can't handle it. Take it to a service centre for a free software upgrade and you should be fine to get your PTT settings :)
6230i camera is an average one, and works as well as an average digital camera. pixel shade is a result of lack of light, happens in all average digial cameras. if the picture you took is dark, you can adjust its contrast. just see the options for a photo taken.
my phone firmware version is 3.23 and I described the problems I got with it.
you can find audible alerts under voice commands in: Settings->My shortcuts.
it is possible to add several numbers for one contacts in 6230i; just choose option while viewing a contact and choose "add detail" then "number"!