Hi peeps! I brought my phone @ nokia centre bcuz ders somethin wrong w/ it. I can't listen on d radio w/ d headset; only w/ loudspeaker. They told me that der might be some problem w/ its software. It's been a week now & I can't w8 2 have my phone back this coming sunday. They assure me that they'll be able to fix it. I'm sure they will. Technical staff here in d Philippines are good. Hehehehe... ^_^
Does anyone know when this phone will be avaliable on pay-as-you-go tarrifs in the UK?
I don't have any problems with my Nokia 6230i (V 03.23 - The Netherlands :-)).
A very good phone to use. Keypad is nice to press, mp3/radio works fine. It's a great upgrade from the old 6230.
The T-9 dictionary has slightly changed though... some words are not recognized anymore and some words have different alternatives.
This is for anyone who thinks that all the nokia 6230i problems wil be solved by updating THE PHONE with the latest firmware.....NOT!!. I had the version v03.23
on mine when i bought it. I just had it updated to the version v03.30 en still have the same bugs. Better luck with the next update, nokia keeps surprising me. Is there anyone who has a better experience with firmware v.03.30? Does anyone has streaming or reboot problems? cya!
Why some people keep asking which is better for 3230 or 6230i. Just go for the best and forget the rest-THE ONE & ONLY NOKIA 6230i.
yeah,which one should i buy?6230i or 3230?I like the larger display on 3230 but the sound quality of 6230i is surely better...
can the 6230i play apps like smartmovie?
should i buy a 6230i or 3230? both r great but my main condition is that my new phone would be able to play smartmovies
Wow At Last I Got An Handset Which Is Having Almost All The Options .. But The Only Problem In 6230i Is Of Design .. Design Is Not That Much Good .But Anyhow We have To compensate One Thing For Other .. All I can Say Is That 6230i Is A Nice HandSet..
Just to correct my statement below... at item (3)... ops, sorry, the phone CAN resize the picture to fit into MMS. Just select "YES" in menu "Scale Image Down".
I notice something is missing... i don't have to option to create SMS "Distribution List". Duh! All my Nokia's before this has this feature, this is such a suprise.
The right short-cut button - WHY can't i put BLUETOOTH menu there??? the 6230 can.
With all my jabbering, the phone works just fine. No problem at all.
I am from India and just bought the phone last week here in Bangalore.
Dont buy it in a hurry. I already have a issue and that too with the hardware. I figured that I could not listen anything on the handsfree provided by them. I found out that the handsfree is fine. When I went back to the shop they told me the problem could be with the software (my version is V 3.25). next day I come to know that lot of other people have had same issues and the problem is with a hardware component which has not been put by mistake (wow!!! what a mistake). Now they tell me that they will replace it within a week and get back the phone. I argued with the shop, Nokia Distributor and the Nokia Call centre, but none were ready to provide me a replacement for a mistake on their part. Now I would have to live with a defective model repaired by some stupid technician.
Had it been Europe or any other western country they would have replaced it for the fear of court cases.
I also want to drag them to consumer courts for this thing.
My piece was manufactured in China
veri sorry, the cable is nt part of the package.. can sum1 tell me if de messaging lags?
m seriously desperate 2 get my hands on the 6230i > but only available in grey market in mumbai! can some1 pls guide me where can i get a proper bill piece and in mumbai and at wat price is it actually available! pls help out as not able 2 acertain the correct price in my area. wud appreciate ne help! :)
To Indian Users: does this come with 64 MB MMC card, also is DKU-2 cable part of original package... does HCL provide 2 yrs insurance included ?? pls reply - i stay in Mumbai & want to buy asap... thanks in adv : PCB
ok.. i wan 2 make tis clear.. every1 says 6230i is slower.. does it mean de messgaing is also slow? for eg. u type a word n it onli appears a few seconds later? cuz i really hate lagging in messaging
The local GSM company sells the 6230, which I like. But I wanted the 6230i for many reasons and ordered an unlocked phone on-line. From what I read they should work on the same GSM system but my new 6230i does not want to connect to the system here. Am I missing something? Would really appreciate any help.
Hi can anyone can help me to take the right choice for this phone i see them and I like it. I have 8310 is very good but I want to take a new mobile I want a small phone which is the best 6230 or 6230i pls help me.
For me, this is the complete package that I got...
1 Handset w Black cover (zitron warranty)
1 standard Charger
1 HDS-3 Stereo Earphone
1 Product CD-ROM
1 BL-5C Battery (of course)
1 MMC card 64Mb
Free Nokia Carrying Case
My firmware is 3.25. It's my 2nd day using the phone, these are my findings in comparison to 6230... (more to come)...
1) DKU-2 cable is proven to be a good & fast way to tranfering files into the MMC. At last, i don't have to turn off the phone & use card-reader to xfer huge mp3 files.
2) Had some trouble in installing PC-Suite 6.5 coz my PC still had PC-Suite 6.41, but once passed the hurdle, no problem connecting using BT & IR. Not succesful using DKU-2 cable (no driver found??).
3) The 1.3 megapixel camera is good BUT i set it at 640x480 coz i can't MMS picture at 1.3MP. Phone can't automatically re-size the pic for MMS - sigh.
4) The Music Player - I HATE. SOund quality is as good as 6230 but the navi-button is a step backward. The 6230 has a better interface. (for those who have both phones know what I mean).
5) Stability is good. Similar to 6230 ver 5.35. No auto-shutdown at all (so far).
6) Yes, the slowness of 6230i do makes me want to hold the 6230 back. Feel like i've down-graded my phone. Really. Might not bother some people. But after paying more, then having a slower phone that 6230, it really annoys me.
7) I HATE the theme stuff. I wish there's an option of "turning OFF" the theme. But, then again, there are ppl who really LOVESSSS this feature. Maybe i'm just too old.
8) The crisp display of 6230i is generations ahead of 6230. Owner of 6230, don't look at 6230i display, it will only make yr phone look really old. The 6230i display was actually the deal-breaker. If it weren't for that, i'll stick to my 6230 happily.
Next experiment is to test file-transfer using BT or IR on huge files, putting MMC card as the default folder for Voice Recorder, pictures and videos (in 6230, on some lousy MMC card, the phone shutdown/restarts).