Ah,at last, i'm using operam mini beta on my old 6233, since my internet provider down.
Where's aji or darcey?? When i log in again to this forum,there are many new comers,welcome guys!
I just want to tell u dude, since i'm using my old 6233 too,so this my short conclusion:
1. Yes,6233 is one of the good or maybe best sound quality.thanks for the role of its double stereo speakers.
2. And the phone have a lot of great features too.
3. Come on guys, you'll must admit it, nokia 6233 don't have autofocus & makro ton,this the disadventage. Just compare,like i did. Take picture with the same object outdoor with SE K750. My old 6233 is sucks,i admit it. One more thing,when u click,u MUST very still aroun 2 or 3 seconds, if not,the picture will blur. Thats why it better if it has autofokus, don't u agree??
4. The last thing, video vga on 6233 is really cool. Except it take bigger size too but it worth it.
And u can download many games like i did. Come guys,lets open minded,nokia don't always win in all aspect, do you?
Hey Mr. Carloud,
Thanks for the answers.
I just need additional opinion on Q. No. 2, since I wanted to know how's the earpiece volume (when you speak by using the phone recumbent to the ear), not the volume of the headset. I'm in the decision making process (6233 or K800i or E590), so I would like to aggregate all pros & cons for all the handsets in the game in order to make a proper decision.
P.S. Pic No. 1 = 6233, pic No. 2 = K800i.
dear sir remi, I suggest changing your network setting to "gsm mode" it usually increases the reception of your phone!!! unlike when you are using 3g...3g networks seems to have a lower reception....
btw this post is not to say that 6233 beats the current king of photo mobiles the k800 but Im just using the k800 as a standard of how good a camera phone the 6233 is
so can you determine which is from the 6233 and which is from the k800 in good daylight?
here's the 1st pic
and the 2nd pic
at your first question, the 6233 will accept files larger than it's internal memory and it will save it into the memory card^_^
and at your second question in my opinion, and from what I experienced the 6233's earphones are loud enough to for you to hear your music even when you are surrounded by loud noises by vehicles sooo... hehehe its loud enjough (to me at least)
I see that for you guys there is no single secret regarding 6233, so have just 2 questions (4 now) for a sincere owner or 6233 expert:
1. If someone is about to send me a (mp3) file over the BT which is 8, 9, 10... MB big, is it going to store it on a micro SD, or the phone will discard it ('cause it is bigger than the phone memory)?
2. Since we all now 6233 has great speaker phone sound, could anyone tell me how high the earpiece volume is? This characteristic is of great importance to me, because I don't want to put myself in a position not to hear the other calling party while in traffic jam, if you know what I mean (I kinda heard 6233 hasn't got earpiece of decent loudness) ..
Thanks in advance!
iv tested a 6300 and trust me...my 6233 beats it sooo much 6300 battery life isnt as good as 6233 or Camera or Video recording
6233 is better in those areas 6233 is The BETTER Choice !
buy it you will never regret it ..iv had 6233 for 1 year now ..and LOVE IT!
6300 isnt as good as 6233 ...6233 is Much Better
6233 if you want - Stereo Speakers, VGA video ,3G
6120 - 3G with Video call camera and SYMBIAN
3250 - if you want a Music + Symbian
6300 - fashion and ....thats it lol
but i would recmmend you get 6233 it has BEST Speakers and Video recorder and S40 Platform which is BETTER then Symbian
Pakwheels.com hehehehe...you are from there right ?
Hey guys !!
which one is better , 6233 , 6300 , 6120 or any other in the same price tag ???????
i am planning to buy one , and afta reading the opinions , it seems tht 6233 is best as compared to above mentioned sets , but still i want kind advice !!!
pls also keep one thing in mind tht m also using N73 ME ........so want some thing diff...!!
6120 is best features wise but i guess there is not much diff in both 6120 n n73 xcept camera !!!
6300 looks cool but i have heard many complains so m afraid !!
so pls guide me tht whether i should buy 6233 or 6120 or 6300 or ne other ???
to Jameson & Others :
I have doubt about it camera quality, please give me advice.Is anyone says about this phone they say the camera quality is only problem. please replay.
NOKIA 6233 is really awesome. Very fast phone, and with a lot of features. Especially if you upgrade it with the latest firmware (which is 5.43) you get a lot of benefits in terms of sound quality, response, etc. Generally a very reliable and easy to use phone in a decent price.
plz tell me is there any softwear support in this set , is this set symbian or not ?
thanks in advance.
I love this phone so much but last week I expereinced a problrm with regard to my phone memory. I downloaded a theme online and installed and waited....an error message appearing as "not enough memory" was displayed knowing that I stil have 5MB left as an internal and 1GB as for my sd card...Well from 5MB it went down to 406KB which is very bizaare! Well I work for a T-Mobile UK as techno guru but I did not expect this coming....Will upgrading the firmware resolve the problem? i got the version 4.91 something....heeeeelp me..huhuhu
Hmmmm is it normal for the phone to have low reception? the reception around my area is good with my old phone but not with this phone...
hi everyone,pls advise me how can i convert some format like .gif and .jpg into jar or any format who i can use into mu nokia 6233 pls?like i want copy a jok into my nokia 6233 then send to someone and they can that jok?pls advise me what shell i do?thanks
Guys, is there any1 have problem like me?
when i change theme at my old 6233, and change the wallpaper of the theme, and after i restart, it take very long. but if not change the wallpaper, its okay. so i never change wallpaper of any theme, thats way i always searching for good theme that already include good wallpapers.
any suggestion of this? or maybe i need to upgrade my firmware too, but when reading the darcey's opinion, i'm afraid my phone will be flickering when i'm upgraded it :)
want to ask which phone is good comparing ALcatel OT-S853 Vs 6233...just compare in sound quality not in overall features!!
To jameson :
Thanks for your replay. Today I take this phone and I am very happy for your advice.If I have any doubt sure send message to you.
Thanks & Regards
hello everybody, this weekend makes me exhausted...
This is my personal opinion for Nokia 6233 which is:
1. It has good QVGA display (240x320)
2. resolutin 262TFT is above avarage, u can still the images in daylight noon.
3. for the sound, yes, i didn't know if it has 2 or 1 speaker (regarding to darcey opinion) but as far i know, from nokia technician, it has double speaker or at less teh chipset is good enough to generate sound 3D. i always to hear sound from the speaker and my colleges already prove it has the better sound than older nokia phone. Nokia 3250 maybe have the loudest sound but not stereo though. And if use the original headset and u will notice the bass (u can set the profile too)
4. for the camera, it has 2Mpix which i have to say, it not very good, but like my previous post, u can still see the image clearly. the first drawback is there no autofocus in it and u have too very still if want to take picture and the 2nd is it take time if want to take another pictures (u know that if already get used to nokia symbian phone which is 6630, etc) but for me, it is no matter cause i prefer to take pictures from camera digital.
5. Video recording is amazing, know why? it is can record up to reolution 640x480 at best resolution and unlimited length (depend on memory left) and i already convert it to VCD and watched it to TV, it more more better than 176x144 resolution. it runs smoothly. this is the most advantage from nokia 6233 that make me thinks to change my old 6233.
And another thing, with right softwares, u can convert it to DVD dude!!
5. for flickring, i hope it never happend to me, i'm using v05.10 RM-145 date 21-12-06. until now i never has that problem (like darcey did) :) soory for that darcey...
6. the Java is MID2.0 and i', not sure if it has 3D hardware in it, cause i already searching the web to find the info. but yes, u can download many games and apps in it. almost compatible for all JAVA MID2.0
7. The memory for sms, it can storage unlimited (depend on memeory left), for me, i never deleted my incoming sms, and it almost reached 1000messages, and it not lag at all.
8. battery is standard dude, cause i almost playing game all time i can, it make me charged it once a day, no problem to me.
9. and the last, it has radio, bluetooth v2.0, infrared, and it has edge support that make download faster than gprs.
thats all my opinion during i used this phone until now... for my conclusion it best buy phone.
Hello every 1 im a user of 6233 since 8 months it,s the best mobile ever i saw it,s vdo is great u can compare it with n95,n93 1 of the expensive mob 6233 & n95 both will record vdo in VGA 640*420 difference is just 6233 has 15fr & n95 has 25 just tht difference . it, pic quality is also better than lot,s of 2mp mobiles clear. i know it,s not a symbian but it got lot,s of great games app also 3D games u can install go to www.gameloft.com the best site 4 any mobile games it, sound is better than n95,n73,6120 i compare with them . it, really handy u can type msg,s really easy on it. it,s keypad is so soft. u will love to write msg,s on it . MMS SMS FLASH MSG,S many more u can see ur recored vdo,s on tv just put ur vdo,s in cd & watch it it,s show,s like real movie camera. it is a mini camcorder u can take it any where. it got great great stereo speakers with loudness. it,s got every thing if any 1 want to buy go 4 it it,s the best option to buy . i rate it 10/10 best phone battery last 4 3 days . but if u listern music just change ur profile to flight mode it save ur battery upto 6 hour,s 4 listernig music 4 to 5 hour,s . game,s 1 more thing there is no need to install games init just put the jar file in the mobile in any folder & play it directly no need to install i have lot,s of 3D games in my mobile like real football 2008 , juiced 2 , medal of hounor , cricket lot,s of more . it,s the best because it,s staright phone not slide not filp so there,s is no need to be worry. just 1 thing no flash . but it got really gud night mode . if any 1 say,s it take lot,s of mb,s 4 vdo recording than change the vdo setting to low in high quality it take 1min 15mb in med quality it take 1min 11mb in low quality it take 7mb & u can also record in 352*288 size lot,s of option todo. so don,t think any more go go go go go 4 it buy it best best best best best best best phone ever nokia made.
has anyone ever tried viewing the VGA videos captured by 6233 on a T.V. screen? how does it look?
btw...sir darcey, I used to have an n80 back then and the screen flickers as well when oppening different kinds of application, I dont mean to scare you or anything, but after awhile the screen of the n80 just went blank, I went to the nokia center and they said it was an LCD problem and the the LCD cost me roughly $100 to fix then I went out and sold the n80 as I feared that it might happen again....I hope this isnt the case of your unit...