What is new in the 05.10 firmware:
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 4.91 to version 5.10:
- The email address length value has been optimized
- Sending and receiving MMS improved
- Improved downloading of SMIL info
- AM or PM added if 12-hour time format is used in Message details
- Improved downloading with Opera browser
- Browser functionality improved when Hebrew language used
- Downloading Java games improved
- Browser bookmarks updated in German menu
- HTTP Loader Context creation improved
- Improved transfer of DRM SD protected content
- UAProfile updated
- Font size setting option available in all variants
- Echo cancellation improved when CK-7W hands free used
- Dictionary application available in all variants
- Video streaming improved
- Downloading of 3GP file improved
- Improved support for AMR file with Media Player
- IMSI detach sent to network when powering off due to low battery
- Operator name list updated
To 786: QVGA is half of VGA. QVGA=240*320 rezolution; VGA=640*480 rezolution (Yes, 6233 has a better video quality recorder). To update your phone, you need a PC, a cable for your phone and internet connection. You will also need de NSU (Nokia software updater). For more info just go to: http://www.nokia.com/A4176089
@D: - or anyone else
Were do i Download the New Firmware from ???
or do i take it to a Nokia Dealer ?
whats new in the New Firmware ?
One Question about 6233:
if the Video in 6233 is VGA recording
the New 6120 has QVGA video recording
Whats the Difference between QVGA and VGA ?
is there any difference in sound between normal 6233 n 6233 music edition.reply
new update for 6233 now available at nokia website, version 05.10.
How to open 6233 to clean dust from keypads? Anybody tried opening the device any time?
Ones who love the phone, wouldn't have dared so far I know ;) But just curious...!
to all who replied n helped me......
i got a new 6233 yest....n m lovin it....
thanks a lot 4 ur valuable suggestions....
seekin for further help 4m u all if i face ne probs in future....thankuuuuuuuu
i have a nokia 6131 and 5300,both excellent phones.but can anyone plz tell me what 'active standby mode' is?help much appreciated
does the new firmware of the 6233 lets you silence the camera shutter sound?
any help would be greatly appreciated thanks sirs
opera mini works on proxy setting without proxy/IP address it wont work
i have this mobile,
can any one i surf net on opera mini,
i've install so much but they didn't work.
is there any other browser.
the phone memory is low in my 6233 mobile now its 64 kb only how to increase phone memory please inform
does it have symbian os?? if yes then is it s60 v2 or v3?? if it has only 6 MB sys mem then will it not keep crashing???plz rply soon
I have a problem, whenever i change the theme of the fone, al the profile's settings set to default, is there a way out?
or its the problem with the fone?
I think its one of the best Nokia fone in this range..I like the looks, i have the alloy color it looks damn cool.
The things i liked the most bout it are
The big, clear n colorful screen
The sound quality ... i think its very loud even when u play it with loudspeakers the sound quality is good...usually fones are not that loud when u play it thru loudspeakers...
Yes the Cam is good but one thing is lacking thats the Flash ... but im okay with it..as i have a sony digicam
Rest is good...
in all I m Loving this fone ...
Nice to see that we have new 6233 peeps helping out other users...
cris on loudspeaker for FM.
- Yes.. you can use loudspeakers when listening to FM radio (i'm sure you know that you have to plug in the headphones to make to use fm radio).
PrettyFAce on service inbox.
- Messages from your home network are supposed to be sent to this inbox. Ask your network.
John Doe on earphones
- one usre posted this comment: "nokia music headset (HS-20) has the best out put although the controller is not supported by the phone the earphones are awesome!!!!" Maybe you can try it and give us a feedback.
- the phone book can store more than 10 details for one contact (i'm not sure about the exact number of details)
- I always put a password for my memory card. It will only ask you for a password if you use the m-card on a different phone.
- I have used 3 types of memory cards and the only problem i've encountered is that i needed a bigger memory! heheheh
girlie on transfer of videos,
- this phone supports mp4 and 3gp (these are the only file types i use). Maybe the file you uploaded on your phone is really not supported. I use SUPER converter for converting any type of file to 3gp format then upload it on my phone.
you can check out my blog for some posts regarding videos for 6233.
- File manager: use mobyexplorer.
- movie player: currently, we don't have any known WORKING movie player for the 6233. that means you can only play supported files.
paul on free games:
- i have more than a hundred games on my site...
- I have tested the durability of 6233. and it also supports up to 2 gig external memory.
- ask for a different phone. as a consumer, you have the right to demand a new unit if you encounter problems with the one they sold you.
teena on composer:
- the phone does not have a built it composer, but there is a composer java application. download it from my site.
I also have new pics taken using my 6233. See how nice the pics are. visit my site if you have time.