I think its one of the best Nokia fone in this range..I like the looks, i have the alloy color it looks damn cool.
The things i liked the most bout it are
The big, clear n colorful screen
The sound quality ... i think its very loud even when u play it with loudspeakers the sound quality is good...usually fones are not that loud when u play it thru loudspeakers...
Yes the Cam is good but one thing is lacking thats the Flash ... but im okay with it..as i have a sony digicam
Rest is good...
in all I m Loving this fone ...
Nice to see that we have new 6233 peeps helping out other users...
cris on loudspeaker for FM.
- Yes.. you can use loudspeakers when listening to FM radio (i'm sure you know that you have to plug in the headphones to make to use fm radio).
PrettyFAce on service inbox.
- Messages from your home network are supposed to be sent to this inbox. Ask your network.
John Doe on earphones
- one usre posted this comment: "nokia music headset (HS-20) has the best out put although the controller is not supported by the phone the earphones are awesome!!!!" Maybe you can try it and give us a feedback.
- the phone book can store more than 10 details for one contact (i'm not sure about the exact number of details)
- I always put a password for my memory card. It will only ask you for a password if you use the m-card on a different phone.
- I have used 3 types of memory cards and the only problem i've encountered is that i needed a bigger memory! heheheh
girlie on transfer of videos,
- this phone supports mp4 and 3gp (these are the only file types i use). Maybe the file you uploaded on your phone is really not supported. I use SUPER converter for converting any type of file to 3gp format then upload it on my phone.
you can check out my blog for some posts regarding videos for 6233.
- File manager: use mobyexplorer.
- movie player: currently, we don't have any known WORKING movie player for the 6233. that means you can only play supported files.
paul on free games:
- i have more than a hundred games on my site...
- I have tested the durability of 6233. and it also supports up to 2 gig external memory.
- ask for a different phone. as a consumer, you have the right to demand a new unit if you encounter problems with the one they sold you.
teena on composer:
- the phone does not have a built it composer, but there is a composer java application. download it from my site.
I also have new pics taken using my 6233. See how nice the pics are. visit my site if you have time.
I like this phone ,Addition of WiFi would be just great. I want to buy a 1gb or 2gb card for this phone but I hear that it will drain the battery faster.
why u need a melody composer when u can keep mp3 songs and videos as a ringtone and battery is fantastic on average use can last upto 4 to 5 days medium usage upto 3 days heavy usage upto 2 days
does it hav a composer?(URGENT)
thanks a lot for the previous replies....
For everyone - DO NOT put a password on the memory card S40 v3 have a problem when you put a password on the memory and then restart the phone , the phone won't read it and the card will be useless
My old 6230i gave warnings of messages memory Full after 147 Messages and 6230i has 30MB internal memory.
my new 6233 is past 147 messages and it has 6MB internal !!!!!!!
thats the difference in Old and New .New is better!!
@Teena: 6233 is the one i'm thinking about. I agree with maneater about 6233. It has pretty loud dual stereo speakers. 6300 is the same as 6233 except it doesn't have Infrared and it's thin. The thing is 6 MB of internal memory is in 6233 and 7.8 MB for 6300. 6681 has 8 MB of memory. In a 6 MB you can fit in around 500-600 messages alone, if I'm not mistaken. There are some nokia models that have more than 20 MB or even 30 MB. But theese three models you're considering has 1/3 less of capacity. have fun shopping!!
No problem of memory messages can be stored on available memory not memory card but on 6MB phone memory quite lot for messages
this phone is good no hangs no jams only make sure that u are not using this phone very heavily for eg like after playing 2hours music through speakers than u start downloading and suddenly u start changing themes etc if u take care above its my gaurantee that this phone will never hang although i use this phone heavily even though this phone is really durable specially if u compare to SE phones and tougher too it just dropped on floor and nothing happened to it every thing works fine (it doesnt mean that u should drop and test phone just take care coz speaker might stop working) its now about 6 months i m using this phone no hardware and software problem camera is very good but not in night if u have good light than dont bother about night pic sound is awesome i dont know how do the guy below me getting problem of hanging becoz i never had such problem. This phone is one of the best phone made by Nokia
What is the latest firmware? my phone hangs n gives out funny noises. ve upgraded to v4.91. still problem persists. they even changed a chip inside still gives the same problem. Im using a 1gb memory card Kingston. It hangs so frequently.
I have a 2GB Sandisk on my 6233 and it's perfect..no lag..not even one single problem. Buy it with no fear.
The alarm yes it does do the ascending but its very loud on my phone. Dont forget to check the right hand side edge of your phone and hit the + sign this increases the volume and you will see the bars come up on your screen. For me its very good. In fact the phone is very good. However, the paradox is that my first phone completely died within a short time and I had to get a new one.
The other thing with the phone is that you have to click on many things and remember them in order to send a pic to anyone. My screen on my first phone went into white screen and back to the screen saver. This new one is ok now and it works well.
The pics are very good really it s a matter of getting used to using the phone. I carry two cameras around always - the phone camera and a digital one too.
The sound on this camera phone is awesome and the loudspeaker is as well. If you want to get the loudspeaker click on options when you are in radio.
The other question that some asked and also the previous poster is that there is no flash etc. Well there is its called NIGHT MODE or the like. Go into options when you have the screen up and scroll thru the choices. I took a pic of my black cat lying on me in the early light of the morning. Its actually the best pic of him i have taken. I was just mucking around testing it all.
Try the night mode and you will also find SEPIA too and a couple of others too. Just play around and you will some amazing pics transpire. Cheers and happy Nokia 6233-ing
Can any body tell me about its file manager?
Can we install games and other softwares like Smart Movie Player so that AVI formate movies could be played in this Set?
well, this fon is gud. but my problem is how can i transfer music video like the music video of jenifer lopez.bec., i tried once, but the result is " the file is not formated" pls help me on this? how can i transfer music video? tnx!
This FON is gud; only lacks multistorage of numbers under one name. I hav only one major problem; I renamed it's memory card(mini-sd) & also created apassword 2dis card bt unfortunately de card was completely block/damaged.I expected it would always ask me 2enter passw whenever I wish to view data on M-card instead it doesnt detect this card. However putting any other M-card is always read. Calling 4your quick assistance.