got the fone after rave reviews from vodafone(i needed a fone with a fm stereo) only to find the headset that comes as standared is rubbish complete interference on the radio, changed the headset and found to be better but not at best, i am going to stick with my nokia 5140
i have problem with the battery ..... it is very short what i have to do ...???
For 6233 users: Please describe the electric and accoustic features (sensitivity in bad coverige areas, quality of voices on emission and reception, volume, etc.) Thx.
Yes, as what drew said, give roger a break.
As drew mentioned, internal and external's memory blends together in latest nokia 40 phones (i.e. 6280, 6131..)
So if you insert a 1GB external memory, you can expect about that much of files received thru bluetooth. (Although the best i had tried is only about 40mb) haha!!
PLs give "roger" a break.
1. 6233 shows bluetooth progress (in percentage) when files are being transferred out only.
2. 6233 supports Bluetooth v2.0. v2.0 Bluetooth device besides being faster also has an longer range. About 10m for v1.1 & v1.2 and About 30m for V2.0.
3. Internal memory for 6233 out of the box is about 3.5mb depending on what your service provider installed.
4. Personally, i preferred 6233's keypad. It's slightly bigger while maintaining the tactical'ness of 6230/6230i.
I maintained my good old 6230 including 6233 (plus other phones), honestly, 6233 beats 6230/6230i hands down in EVERYTHING unless you insist that having 1000 phone books is important. Most Nokia phones utilise both SIM and phone memory which means on 6233, you had 500 plus 250 (on SIM memory) which is about 750 slots for contacts which is more than sufficent for users.
Second, 3.5mb internal memory though even lower than 6230i (33mb) & 6230 (6.2mb) is enough for 6233.
6233 as the latest generation of s40 blends internal and external TOGETHER! Incoming/outgoing files from bluetooth as big as 29mb (the biggest i've tried) is AUTOMATICALLY saved in external's receiving files's folder.
TO ALL PLS GET THIS FACT INTO YOUR HEAD AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LACK OF INTERNAL MEMORY!
Why are you penalising "Roger" for giving wrong info office applications non smartphone? He's being nice for answering most of you guys questions while 99% of what everyone needs to know are properly answered if you'll to just take some time to go through all PREVIOUS POST.
Yes, samsung from D600 and other newer model has piscal viewing that allows you to read words and excel. But you can only "read". Smart phone allows you to "edit" too. That's what "Roger" preperly means..
I don't think your knowledge of mobile phones is better than me. You only read, i used phones from almost all brands.
No offence though.
lux design cell with metallic body. my very first experience with Nokia.
unfortunately, the phone could not detect the presence of the 64MB micro SD inside. what is going on??
yesterday, i have Nokia Care to fix it. could not get the answer today. perhaps tomorrow...
Upgraded the memory to 1GB (Sandisk) and loaded it with MP3's. No issues with the performance as yet. Will keep you posted about the performance of the phone in days to come...
Two queries a) Is there a easier way to reach a particular image in the images folder rather than scrolling through each one.
b) I am in India and I plan to travel to the US next month and would be taking the phone along with me. I presume i will have to get a new charger there to be able to charge this phone. What other precautions do i need to take? Will this phone work there?
thanks and regards,
Roger, I am going to tackle you (in a good way) on something you said. You said you think ONLY smartphones/Series 60 (Symbian) can read *.doc, *.pdf, *.xls files, well that might have been the case until this year, there's a particular Samsung (NON-SMARTPHONE) which is able to do all that, not quite sure of the series, think either D800 or D900, one of those high-end types. You said "think" so I'm just shedding some light on the situation my friend.
Other than tackling, now I will ask a few questions.
1. Does the 6233 shows a bluetooth progress meter whenever files are being transferred/received ?
2. The 6233 supports Bluetooth v2.0, I'm yet to use a v2.0 Bluetooth device so please tell me the differences between v2.0 and v1.2 besides the faster speed
3. Exactly how much internal memory does the 6233 comes with, some say 5 and some say 6. I want to know the exact amount seen on the screen as soon as it came out of the box.
4. Does the 6233 have a better keypad than the 6230 ? For example, do you find it more comforting to type SMS on the 6233 compared to the 6230 ? It's hard to imagine a better keypad than the 6230's.
Presently I have a 6230 and I'm yet to see any other phone which would make me switch. With the 6233 being the major successor (6230i was only an enhanced 6230 so I don't consider that a successor) I had it in mind to get the 6233 but a major disappointment came forth, the fact that the phonebook only supports up to 500 contacts...a major downgrade compared to 6230.
I'm a Nokia enthusiast and I don't think anybody else here study phones like I do, I need to get down to the Nitty Gritty before purchasing a phone.
I Hail from the island known as Jamaica!!!
Answer away Roger. Take care.
Hmmmm.. 6233 being short of a few bells and whistles as i now learn is due to the puny 6MB phone memory. This is so cheeky of Nokia to lay the groundwork for an 'I'teration version.
Then my wishlist for this 'I' version would be:
1)At least 64MB phone memory.
2)Cam with flash and optical zoom
3)VGA Video capture at 25fps
4)Capability to record radio ouput
5)Improved music player interface.
Could'nt agree with you more. There will be no such thing as a perfect phone. It's truely a relative function. Personally I've
used 6280 and 6131 for short durations in the last month and my experience with them had firmed me to opt for 6233. But now, due to obvious reasons, will give it a skip. In the interim till 6233I comes, Moto rokr E2 it will be.
Man u rock. Keep the good work going.
Xqwzt; Thanks alot!
My friend bought his today, so I'll play with his phone this weekend and probably buy my on Monday. Cheers!
Just added a Sandisk 1GB card to the phone and loaded it with songs....still performing superbly. Not used it for long though...but its shown no glitches...will keep you guys informed on the performance over the days...
Two queries...1) in the images folder...is there a quicker way to get to a particular image or do i have to scroll thru all to get to the a particular one.
2) I am in India currently and i intend to go the United States next month...and i plan to take the phone along....do i need to buy a separate charger there to charge the phone...considering we use 240V and the US uses 110V...will there be any issues...anyone using this phone in the US help me...
thanks and regards,
hey guys from Greece!
i m a mobile fanatic and i change my phones evry month.
at the time i m using a nokia 6233 black and a SE k 800, so i guess i can post an opinion that could help u choose.
about my nokia :good camera, extraodinary video, the software extremely fast no lag at all, feels great in the hand and the battery lasts three days with heavy use. i dont like in my nokia that evrytime i change a theme i have to set my ringtone all the time, and the shape is a bit boring yet classic.
about my SE now. its a bit wider than nokia, has supreme camera, looks good, is a bit fat, has a nice screen, but the menu isnt as fast as nokia. battery life is about 3 days with heavy use, its overall a good phone and reminds a lot of my k 750. if anyone needs to ask me anything b my guest.
@ Roger & Tedde
We actually can change our SMS tone with an mp3 file (or other playable file). Go to Settings --> Tones --> Message Alert Tone --> Ringing Tone --> Open Gallery --> select the folder where you keep your fave tone (mp3 or something) --> save. Send yourself a message, or wait a message from someone. Voila....
Thanks for keep this msgboard in peace. Luv U.
Really luv this phone, except it's ascending tone on maximum setting, at least for me. BTW, is it possible to get rid the annoying (for me) shortcut arrow in 'my active standby'? Hahaha. Why do they have to put those arrows? They hid the icons! Despite those two things, this phone is still the best though, since you cant win 'em all.
Thank you for your answers, Roger!
What I meant with Flash was Macromedia Flash. When I played around in a store with the phone, I noticed there was a file called Sudoku.swf (Macromedia Flash format) and I was just curious if it was regular Flash aswell... Portables usually only support Flash Lite.
Bummer about the sms signal. Is it only possible to chose between Nokia's own sms signals then?
Yes, there is certainly some irritating problems with my 6233. Much like what others have reported.
1) It sort of freeze up and reset after pressing some bottons.
2) Sometime the screen light does not go off even when it is suppose to when on sleep standby mode.
3) When the phone is working properly will give clear tone, but when there is a sort of glitch the sound will be like a buzz, then it will reset itself.
Hope Nokia will fix these issues soon.
Sound the trumpet so these problem will be quickly fixed by Nokia.
Yes, there is certainly some problem with my 6233. Much like what others have reported.
1) It sort of freeze up and reset after pressing some bottons.
2) Sometime the screen light does not go off even when it is suppose to
No prob - yeah, like you said, a bit narrow minded of nokia, huh?? I guess all phones are like that, some sport hi tec cam, some others, don't....and this goes for all new technology...We simply don't get the best out there....do we?
SOrry, meant to say - yeah, the cam does NOT offer the rotating function.....sorry to throw you off the track like that.
Yeah, let us know how you get on.
The surface was partially carpeted, the last legs of my phone's terrible flight was hard wood flooring. Still, it was quite a bang. I went to pick it up and it felt as if i had butter in my palms - it slid off and up it went...did a somersault and dived in head first. After the 3 bonce off the carpet it slid face down on wood. My heart sunk like a wrecked ship at sea. But, alas, the phone lives!
1) You can set up MP3 for ringtones, but not for sms ring
2) Nokia is always releasing firmware updates, but due to the fact this particular phone is extremelly new, Nokia might still be on the look out for more bugs before releasing an update - saves them time, saves us money!
3) Flash - do you mean for picture taking? No, the phone does not have flash - neither a "torch" as other nokia phone seems to sport (like the 1110)
4) When filming, the video is recorded as 3GPP - easily viewed using quick time viewer. If i might add, the videos are great quality, when you set it up to produce highest spec possible.
Cheerio you all,
Thankyou Roger for confirming my doubt.
Hard to imagine what is Nokia's logic in not providing the stereo widening option in what is primarily a challenger to Sony W series phones. Did they simply forget???
in your last post u said - the cam does offer the rotate image function.. i'm not able 2 find it though. i checked it in 6260 with vga cam. it does have rotate option.
Hey roger, just curious about what surface u dropped your phone on?? Coming from the UK im guessing concrete?? hehe :P
Oh yeah by the way. I rang my retailer about the msg prob i was having... They told me to bring the phone in and they will send back to nokia to check firmware settings and also to go back into vodafone to upgrade to a 3G simcard for free too....
It only started to happen when i enabled gprs /mms on my phone.. And maybe because i have a gsm simcard too??
Anyhow will let u know how i go.