try out both phones and see which u like... one is clamshell and one is not...
Personally, I prefer 6260 much much more, and it's very cheap. IMO, it's the second most complete Nokia Symbian phone after 6600...
BUT beware when you use 6260, it's a very fragile phone and must be handle with EXTRA care...
6260 supports MP3 as ringtone, just set like how you normally assign ringtones... as for 7270, I have no idea...
The battery 6260 using is BLC-4C only, and due to it's size, it can't support BLC-5C. So, in other words, this phone cannot be considered big, it's long in width but it's to compensate hot swappable memory cards.
Not sure how well your battery is doing, but my friend's one last for more than 3 days, normal usage.
Yeah, the lack of external display is a big drawback...
As for VGA mode, how come it becomes the HATES? It's just the setting, which many people didn't check before posting...
As for the clicking sound during picture taking, I guess it's to prevent pervert? Other Nokia symbian phones can turn ot clicking sound? If can, I bet they'd probably they removed that features in newer firmware...
As for the MP3 playback, I've mention before, if you want STEREO quality, use the headset. The radio isn't STEREO quality as well, unless you use the headset... try it... But beware when using the headset to playback MP3, it's super loud,... I tried UltraMP3 and the volume adjust doesn't work with the headset... Mp3Player works fine...
Seems you're one of the user OK with the FLIP and TWIST camera function, which I heard many complains. Glad to hear that, if you know how to use it, it's a great function for photo taker, you can take in many pose and ways, e.g. when you're standing in front of the crowd, and you're not tall enough to see or take the picture, you can make use of the flip and twist function (Hold the phone up in the air, and twist the screen so you can see the view).
which one is better 6260 or 7270?
can i set the mp3 files to be ringtone?
is 6260 is too big?
anyone...plz help me. i'm trying to decide which nokia phone i'm going 2 buy!
just bought mine and been using it for 5days now.
here are the things ive noticed with 6260:
1) if you're playing video or sound clip using loudspeaker (headset not connected), the sound is set to max volume and even if you adjust it to low or mid or high, the sound level remains the same.
2) battery drains very quick even in idle mode.
3) you need to turn on "VGA resolution" in camera to capture 640x480, and if you do this the image is set to vertical position (portrait) instead of landscape. If not you dont set camera to VGA resolution, you'll get 480x360 resolution only in landscape format.
4) there's no way to turn off the "clicking" sound or the shutter sound effect of the camera when taking pictures, even if your phone is in silent mode.
5) keypads sounds like their bumping each other. my former 6600 phone has flawless keypad and its real smooth and quiet. the keypad of 6260 looks like small thin chicklet gums placed next to each other.
6) power button or on/off switch is deep. makes it hard to turn the phone on and off.
7) no external display to let you know of new message, missed calls, or the time/date. its kind of annoying to always flip-open the phone just to check if you missed a call or any new message.
8) MP3 is mono. I've tested it myself.
1) faster than any symbian phone I've tried. Processor is faster than other series 60 phone like 6600, 3650, ...
2) plays faster game and has higher benchmark results than N-gage.
3) crisp screen. crystal clear. i love it.
4) you can use it as a mirror when the screen is twisted to the left and u look at the camera. you can also see yourself first before you take picture, for perfect shot.
5) no need to turn off phone to remove memory card (hot swappable).
6) when you remove the battery cover while the phone is turned on, the phone will beep with an alert message on the screen. this is some kind of warning if you'll attempt to remove the memory card without closing applications.
7) has built in FM radio and it sounds decent.
***antenna is placed below the keypad (the large vacant area below the keypad)
any other comments you have guys? are you having the same problem as mine on the CONS section of my comments?
my other complain is that real player cant find MP3 file when I scan for sound clips. I just go to Gallery to play it. another thing is Quickword cant find word documents too. I just go to FileManager to open it manually.
Could U E-mail me some of the free wallpapers,Ringtones & games for me pls.Thanks.
I was wondering. Did the Nokia 6260 come with the memory card? or do i have 2 buy the memory card separately?
anybody! i need the latest price 4 this nokia in Malaysia.
Please read opinions carefully:
If you want stereo quality MP3 or music, use the headphones,... The RADIO is not stereo qulity, it's stereo because you're using the stereo headset... The phone speaker is MONO... Try it...
If you guys are seeking FREE YES FREE themes, wallpapers, ringtones, applications and games for your Symbian 40, 60 and 90 series phones. Email me for the link. Thanks!
I just purchased the phone and I have been using it from last 5 days.
Can someone please let me know about the following things?
1. The battery drains out within a day (i dont use any applications like camera, video etc) and the average talktime is about 15 mins a day? Is it so?
2. The communication using headset has echo and buzz sounds associated while talking, also I hear my own voice while talking with headset.The voice while suing speaker phone also cracks?
3. Is the voice from the other end low? I am not able to hear clear voice from other end if I am in a market place or while commuting?
Please let me know about the three major queries or otherwise I will get my handset replaced with a new one !
Here's some clarifications about the software PHOTOACUTE. This software has been around for a while. I first used PHOTOACUTE for my Nokia 6600 and it worked perfectly fine. If you dont believe me heres what you do. Download the software to your Symbian 60 series phone. Take a picture using PHOTOACUTE and then take a picture using the nokia based photo program. You can see the picture quality right away. Still not convinced view it from Photoshop or whatever photo program you may have. Also view it from different sizes. Still not convinced you can also use Phillips Campro. Let me know how that goes.
can send me the program for PhotoAcute to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cause mine is only a trialware, would want a full ware. Thank you
I forgot to ask does anyone know could the sound of mp3 be better with some software or not?If FM radio is workin in stereo and with a good sound(as far as some of you said)is it resonible to belive the mp3 sound could get better or am I just dreamin'?
I wanted to read some comments about this phone so I could deside should I buy it or not, and now I know even less because some of you are sayin' it's fantastic and others say it's full of ..well..problems.I'm from Croatia and for price of 290€ I think I can't find a better phone here.If it had a better sound and 2nd screen wouldn't this be a perfect mobile? PS.I really need a phone with good sound of mp3(as a ringtone),fine camera(for mpeg4) and not to small memory. Am I askin' too much?
and atlast i got my dream mobile what a beauty mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!
If I'm the liar,what the heck I post the good news for? Unless you are using other phones,otherwise it works perfectly for 6260. The program is called AcutePhoto and it makes your picture into 1280x960 pixels. You have to twist your camera 90 degrees and the screen must be parallel to words(For example,the WORDS must be in normal direction to what you read),and there you can snap your picture and get your megapixel pictures. You need to process your picture by choosing the merge option on the second tab. You will definitely get the photo that you want. You can check the details of your picture in the gallery to see whether it is in megapixel size,and believe me,it is!Unless the person who owns this phone is ignorant about symbian software or the feature of the phones,then I can forgive for what you have commented. Or do you want me to teach you how to install that programme into your phone perhaps? I will send the programme to anyone who needs it and everyone will need to tell me the outcome of the results. If it doesn't work,then you can call me a liar!
already use the nokia 6260 about one month.......
very nice design and very like the ringtone of the phone coz can use the true tones.
Realy good design.
The sound of the ringtones could be much better.
The button for dialing got a problem, after push it, the button sticks.