hi! I am going to buy a phone, which is better 6600 OR 6260? also, where is the camera lens of 6260 ?
if we buy the nokia 6260, does it comes with nokia adapter cable(usb)? reply asap
i think i'm gonna buy it this weekend.
Nokia 6260 is good with the solfware,but too slow and the power button not good.the 6260 used RS-MMC,batteries gone to fast too...
Nokia 6260 has a radio and infra-red port. However,Nokia 7610 is just the opposite of 6260 except for the fact that it has one megapixel camera. It's up to the phone user whether he/she prefers better camera resolution like 7610 or a complete set of functions like 6260 regardless of camera's VGA format.
Hi it's me again. I just forgot to ask you which one do you think is better:
NOKIA 6600, NOKIA 7610 or NOKIA 6260
As long as I'm conserned NOKIA 6260 IS THE BEST. But it's a good topic to discuss.
Hi everybody I'm Slavyan from Bulgaria(somewhere in south-eastern Europe), after all I read so far(I spent about 3 or 4 hours reading other people's opinions) I am realy planing to buy the phone, uups mistake, the SMARTphone soon. My birthday is in a month and I think it will be just the perfect present for me =). Its definetly the greatest phone ever invented. It has everything but even if it doesn't have something you can simply find an application for it thanks to the operation system. I look forward to having this phone. I just can't wait to try all its features.
P.S. Considering all the great things in this smartphone I don't care even IF it has few bad things(although I doubt it)
I'll soon be back to check the new opinions.
Bye for now
Is 6260 using normal MMC or reduced-size MMC card? Please reply me soon,anyone. Cheers!
I am on the verge of buying the Nokia 6260. I think its a very good phone with a lot of good fetures. I was wondering if i should buy it considering the cost of an unlocked phone. I looked on E-Bay and the phone comes up to 330-360 un-locked, is that a good price for the phone? Please let me know about the price and the if the phone lives up to the cost of 330-350.
how and from where can i upload songs for my nokia 6260 and nokia 7610. i have to say that nokia 6260 is waaaaaaay better than nokia 7610 even tho nokia 7610 has a 1mp camera.
Hey Andy214. it wasnt kaosgirl who posted that comment about LIKES and HATES. it was me. the name of the person who posts message here is below it.
i've resolved the battery issue. i let it drained out completely and charged it fully and did this in two cycles. its performing optimal now (so far).
with the VGA mode, what i HATE about it is that the image is positioned like "portrait" instead of "landscape". but ofcors the fact that it increases resolution quality, its a plus.
with the MP3 playback, i uploaded an MP3 song in stereo format and when i played it on my phone USING the headset, its not stereo quality. you can identify it with the left and right channeling of the headset. i've uploaded the same song to my friends Nokia 3300 and it sounds way better. sounds digital. probably because 6260 CAN play MP3 songs but was NOT DESIGNED as MP3 phone. i can live with that though =)
with the FLIP and TWIST function, yeah i find it amusing. I was supposed to buy Panasonic X700 but function-wise and price-wise, Nokia 6260 would be a wise move: more functions than the X700. the X700 is more expensive because of the external LCD screen i think.
the "twist" camera trick in a jam-packed crowd is cool =)
by the way the volume adjustment is working now. dont know what i did...
but with regard to UltraMP3 volume wont adjust when using headset, it seems that its working on me. no problem with adjusting the volume.
I have just purchased this phone and i should get it within the next week. do you think this was a good idea, or would there have been something else that may have been a little better for business purposes?
It could have some hot keys, there is space enough.
I would suggest to wait some month.
Do not by it immediately.
Let others grasp the chance to test that thing, like me for example :-( .
Its clearly sophisticated celphone. The design and feature is good but the major drawback is the moving parts, you need to flip the monitor whenever you want to go on different mode of accessing it. I'm planning to buy my brother for an SE K700i instead.
Kindly help me with this one, i can not lower down the volume of my ringing tones from max volume to minimum volume. Is this normal for this model? Also, can i use other MMC greater than 256MB capacity? How and what type of MMC i need to buy.
I'm curious with the Symbian thing, how can i use this OS?
pls email me at firstname.lastname@example.org thanx
try out both phones and see which u like... one is clamshell and one is not...
Personally, I prefer 6260 much much more, and it's very cheap. IMO, it's the second most complete Nokia Symbian phone after 6600...
BUT beware when you use 6260, it's a very fragile phone and must be handle with EXTRA care...
6260 supports MP3 as ringtone, just set like how you normally assign ringtones... as for 7270, I have no idea...
The battery 6260 using is BLC-4C only, and due to it's size, it can't support BLC-5C. So, in other words, this phone cannot be considered big, it's long in width but it's to compensate hot swappable memory cards.
Not sure how well your battery is doing, but my friend's one last for more than 3 days, normal usage.
Yeah, the lack of external display is a big drawback...
As for VGA mode, how come it becomes the HATES? It's just the setting, which many people didn't check before posting...
As for the clicking sound during picture taking, I guess it's to prevent pervert? Other Nokia symbian phones can turn ot clicking sound? If can, I bet they'd probably they removed that features in newer firmware...
As for the MP3 playback, I've mention before, if you want STEREO quality, use the headset. The radio isn't STEREO quality as well, unless you use the headset... try it... But beware when using the headset to playback MP3, it's super loud,... I tried UltraMP3 and the volume adjust doesn't work with the headset... Mp3Player works fine...
Seems you're one of the user OK with the FLIP and TWIST camera function, which I heard many complains. Glad to hear that, if you know how to use it, it's a great function for photo taker, you can take in many pose and ways, e.g. when you're standing in front of the crowd, and you're not tall enough to see or take the picture, you can make use of the flip and twist function (Hold the phone up in the air, and twist the screen so you can see the view).
which one is better 6260 or 7270?
can i set the mp3 files to be ringtone?
is 6260 is too big?
anyone...plz help me. i'm trying to decide which nokia phone i'm going 2 buy!
just bought mine and been using it for 5days now.
here are the things ive noticed with 6260:
1) if you're playing video or sound clip using loudspeaker (headset not connected), the sound is set to max volume and even if you adjust it to low or mid or high, the sound level remains the same.
2) battery drains very quick even in idle mode.
3) you need to turn on "VGA resolution" in camera to capture 640x480, and if you do this the image is set to vertical position (portrait) instead of landscape. If not you dont set camera to VGA resolution, you'll get 480x360 resolution only in landscape format.
4) there's no way to turn off the "clicking" sound or the shutter sound effect of the camera when taking pictures, even if your phone is in silent mode.
5) keypads sounds like their bumping each other. my former 6600 phone has flawless keypad and its real smooth and quiet. the keypad of 6260 looks like small thin chicklet gums placed next to each other.
6) power button or on/off switch is deep. makes it hard to turn the phone on and off.
7) no external display to let you know of new message, missed calls, or the time/date. its kind of annoying to always flip-open the phone just to check if you missed a call or any new message.
8) MP3 is mono. I've tested it myself.
1) faster than any symbian phone I've tried. Processor is faster than other series 60 phone like 6600, 3650, ...
2) plays faster game and has higher benchmark results than N-gage.
3) crisp screen. crystal clear. i love it.
4) you can use it as a mirror when the screen is twisted to the left and u look at the camera. you can also see yourself first before you take picture, for perfect shot.
5) no need to turn off phone to remove memory card (hot swappable).
6) when you remove the battery cover while the phone is turned on, the phone will beep with an alert message on the screen. this is some kind of warning if you'll attempt to remove the memory card without closing applications.
7) has built in FM radio and it sounds decent.
***antenna is placed below the keypad (the large vacant area below the keypad)
any other comments you have guys? are you having the same problem as mine on the CONS section of my comments?
my other complain is that real player cant find MP3 file when I scan for sound clips. I just go to Gallery to play it. another thing is Quickword cant find word documents too. I just go to FileManager to open it manually.
RM 1400 now at certain outlet. Otherwise it's still RM 1500
Could U E-mail me some of the free wallpapers,Ringtones & games for me pls.Thanks.
I was wondering. Did the Nokia 6260 come with the memory card? or do i have 2 buy the memory card separately?
anybody! i need the latest price 4 this nokia in Malaysia.