I am on the verge of buying the Nokia 6260. I think its a very good phone with a lot of good fetures. I was wondering if i should buy it considering the cost of an unlocked phone. I looked on E-Bay and the phone comes up to 330-360 un-locked, is that a good price for the phone? Please let me know about the price and the if the phone lives up to the cost of 330-350.
how and from where can i upload songs for my nokia 6260 and nokia 7610. i have to say that nokia 6260 is waaaaaaay better than nokia 7610 even tho nokia 7610 has a 1mp camera.
Hey Andy214. it wasnt kaosgirl who posted that comment about LIKES and HATES. it was me. the name of the person who posts message here is below it.
i've resolved the battery issue. i let it drained out completely and charged it fully and did this in two cycles. its performing optimal now (so far).
with the VGA mode, what i HATE about it is that the image is positioned like "portrait" instead of "landscape". but ofcors the fact that it increases resolution quality, its a plus.
with the MP3 playback, i uploaded an MP3 song in stereo format and when i played it on my phone USING the headset, its not stereo quality. you can identify it with the left and right channeling of the headset. i've uploaded the same song to my friends Nokia 3300 and it sounds way better. sounds digital. probably because 6260 CAN play MP3 songs but was NOT DESIGNED as MP3 phone. i can live with that though =)
with the FLIP and TWIST function, yeah i find it amusing. I was supposed to buy Panasonic X700 but function-wise and price-wise, Nokia 6260 would be a wise move: more functions than the X700. the X700 is more expensive because of the external LCD screen i think.
the "twist" camera trick in a jam-packed crowd is cool =)
by the way the volume adjustment is working now. dont know what i did...
but with regard to UltraMP3 volume wont adjust when using headset, it seems that its working on me. no problem with adjusting the volume.
I have just purchased this phone and i should get it within the next week. do you think this was a good idea, or would there have been something else that may have been a little better for business purposes?
It could have some hot keys, there is space enough.
I would suggest to wait some month.
Do not by it immediately.
Let others grasp the chance to test that thing, like me for example :-( .
Its clearly sophisticated celphone. The design and feature is good but the major drawback is the moving parts, you need to flip the monitor whenever you want to go on different mode of accessing it. I'm planning to buy my brother for an SE K700i instead.
Kindly help me with this one, i can not lower down the volume of my ringing tones from max volume to minimum volume. Is this normal for this model? Also, can i use other MMC greater than 256MB capacity? How and what type of MMC i need to buy.
I'm curious with the Symbian thing, how can i use this OS?
pls email me at email@example.com thanx
try out both phones and see which u like... one is clamshell and one is not...
Personally, I prefer 6260 much much more, and it's very cheap. IMO, it's the second most complete Nokia Symbian phone after 6600...
BUT beware when you use 6260, it's a very fragile phone and must be handle with EXTRA care...
6260 supports MP3 as ringtone, just set like how you normally assign ringtones... as for 7270, I have no idea...
The battery 6260 using is BLC-4C only, and due to it's size, it can't support BLC-5C. So, in other words, this phone cannot be considered big, it's long in width but it's to compensate hot swappable memory cards.
Not sure how well your battery is doing, but my friend's one last for more than 3 days, normal usage.
Yeah, the lack of external display is a big drawback...
As for VGA mode, how come it becomes the HATES? It's just the setting, which many people didn't check before posting...
As for the clicking sound during picture taking, I guess it's to prevent pervert? Other Nokia symbian phones can turn ot clicking sound? If can, I bet they'd probably they removed that features in newer firmware...
As for the MP3 playback, I've mention before, if you want STEREO quality, use the headset. The radio isn't STEREO quality as well, unless you use the headset... try it... But beware when using the headset to playback MP3, it's super loud,... I tried UltraMP3 and the volume adjust doesn't work with the headset... Mp3Player works fine...
Seems you're one of the user OK with the FLIP and TWIST camera function, which I heard many complains. Glad to hear that, if you know how to use it, it's a great function for photo taker, you can take in many pose and ways, e.g. when you're standing in front of the crowd, and you're not tall enough to see or take the picture, you can make use of the flip and twist function (Hold the phone up in the air, and twist the screen so you can see the view).
which one is better 6260 or 7270?
can i set the mp3 files to be ringtone?
is 6260 is too big?
anyone...plz help me. i'm trying to decide which nokia phone i'm going 2 buy!
just bought mine and been using it for 5days now.
here are the things ive noticed with 6260:
1) if you're playing video or sound clip using loudspeaker (headset not connected), the sound is set to max volume and even if you adjust it to low or mid or high, the sound level remains the same.
2) battery drains very quick even in idle mode.
3) you need to turn on "VGA resolution" in camera to capture 640x480, and if you do this the image is set to vertical position (portrait) instead of landscape. If not you dont set camera to VGA resolution, you'll get 480x360 resolution only in landscape format.
4) there's no way to turn off the "clicking" sound or the shutter sound effect of the camera when taking pictures, even if your phone is in silent mode.
5) keypads sounds like their bumping each other. my former 6600 phone has flawless keypad and its real smooth and quiet. the keypad of 6260 looks like small thin chicklet gums placed next to each other.
6) power button or on/off switch is deep. makes it hard to turn the phone on and off.
7) no external display to let you know of new message, missed calls, or the time/date. its kind of annoying to always flip-open the phone just to check if you missed a call or any new message.
8) MP3 is mono. I've tested it myself.
1) faster than any symbian phone I've tried. Processor is faster than other series 60 phone like 6600, 3650, ...
2) plays faster game and has higher benchmark results than N-gage.
3) crisp screen. crystal clear. i love it.
4) you can use it as a mirror when the screen is twisted to the left and u look at the camera. you can also see yourself first before you take picture, for perfect shot.
5) no need to turn off phone to remove memory card (hot swappable).
6) when you remove the battery cover while the phone is turned on, the phone will beep with an alert message on the screen. this is some kind of warning if you'll attempt to remove the memory card without closing applications.
7) has built in FM radio and it sounds decent.
***antenna is placed below the keypad (the large vacant area below the keypad)
any other comments you have guys? are you having the same problem as mine on the CONS section of my comments?
my other complain is that real player cant find MP3 file when I scan for sound clips. I just go to Gallery to play it. another thing is Quickword cant find word documents too. I just go to FileManager to open it manually.
Could U E-mail me some of the free wallpapers,Ringtones & games for me pls.Thanks.
I was wondering. Did the Nokia 6260 come with the memory card? or do i have 2 buy the memory card separately?
anybody! i need the latest price 4 this nokia in Malaysia.
Please read opinions carefully:
If you want stereo quality MP3 or music, use the headphones,... The RADIO is not stereo qulity, it's stereo because you're using the stereo headset... The phone speaker is MONO... Try it...
If you guys are seeking FREE YES FREE themes, wallpapers, ringtones, applications and games for your Symbian 40, 60 and 90 series phones. Email me for the link. Thanks!
I just purchased the phone and I have been using it from last 5 days.
Can someone please let me know about the following things?
1. The battery drains out within a day (i dont use any applications like camera, video etc) and the average talktime is about 15 mins a day? Is it so?
2. The communication using headset has echo and buzz sounds associated while talking, also I hear my own voice while talking with headset.The voice while suing speaker phone also cracks?
3. Is the voice from the other end low? I am not able to hear clear voice from other end if I am in a market place or while commuting?
Please let me know about the three major queries or otherwise I will get my handset replaced with a new one !
Here's some clarifications about the software PHOTOACUTE. This software has been around for a while. I first used PHOTOACUTE for my Nokia 6600 and it worked perfectly fine. If you dont believe me heres what you do. Download the software to your Symbian 60 series phone. Take a picture using PHOTOACUTE and then take a picture using the nokia based photo program. You can see the picture quality right away. Still not convinced view it from Photoshop or whatever photo program you may have. Also view it from different sizes. Still not convinced you can also use Phillips Campro. Let me know how that goes.
can send me the program for PhotoAcute to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cause mine is only a trialware, would want a full ware. Thank you