pls i will like to purchase this phone cuz i love it is the kind of phone i like to use and i will like to purchase it to a west african contry,how can i do that pls,pls am expecting ur reply,thx
If I hadn't lost my 3650 then 6260 would NOT have been worth the upgrade. However, if you don't currently own a Symbian smartphone, it's worth considering because it's currently the most affordable one of the recent models, and looks cool. (Still, Symbian-phone people don't require "cool" as the OS and apps/games themselves are already plenty cool enough
* Build quality. Hello, is this a Nokia? Doesn't feel like one, but by all means try it yourself. Anyway, with 2 years warranty, this may become Nokia's problem rather than mine.
* It doesn't feel faster than my old 3650!? That one was adequate though, so is this one. Still you're waiting about 2 seconds before your contacts show up after pressing the button. You'd think it would be instant with a more recent phone. No complaints about other things, such as T9 text entry is plenty fast enough.
* Ring tone 'euphoniousness' (is that a word?) is not improved. Adequate, but not concert hall like some Samsungs. (Again, Symbian poeple aren't Nancy's who buy phones for their cute looks & sounds. If you want something that looks and sounds cute, go get a baby.)
* Camera application automatically starts when you swivel the display. Why? Have to exit the app every time you swivel the display! Nokia apparently still thinks of a camera as a core use of this thing. Also the resolution is not as good as other recent Nokia phones, but having established that phone cameras are toys anyway and that 6260 is affordable, I don't see this as a minus.
* Full camera resolution is ONLY available with the display flat against the base, with the display pointing at the sky for 'landscape' shots, or sideways (away from you) for standing-up 'portrait' shots. Any other display position will result in something like 480x320, not 640x480. Why? (The only think I could think of may be that the smaller image size may be more usable when sent to other phones that have smaller displays.. Still.. why not make this user configurable. For shooting at maximum resolution you now have to look straight down at the screen, holding the phone horizontally. My grandfather used to own one of those cameras with the viewfinder pointing at the sky so you had to look straight down into it. It's exactly like that!
* Awkward placement of the pencil button.
This is the button that even many reviewers don't understand what it does anyway, but it's used to SELECT TEXT for copying and pasting between applications, AND to select multiple items, messages, emails, pictures so they can all be sent or deleted all at the same time. So an ESSENTIAL thing for a smartphone. With the button so close to the joy-pad, holding the button and dragging/selecting text to the left becomes VERY difficult.
* Battery life has not improved... You'll be charging it every other day, or every day if you play around with it a lot. Then again, this is fair due to the Series 60's overall awesomeness
0.3 megapixel with poor picture quality, hard to use keypad, twist and turn to take pic, damn troublesome. FAILURE OF THE YEAR.
I have this phone and believe me it is GREAT!! Its perfect, dont listen to the people telling you not to buy it, if you like the look then buy it the features ARE GREAT!!!
Hi, I am in doubt to buy either 6600 or 6260. Please help me on your experience.
What is your suggestion?
I am in doubt to buy either 6260 or 6600. Please help me on your experience. What is your suggestion?
I have purchased this model about 15 days back and I have observed that the sms from the inbox disappear over a period of 48 hours by itself.
Apart from this problem the model is very good. Can you please check this problem and provide a solution as it is possible that customers may want to preserve sms for sometime for their own reasons. I have been using Nokia model since 1997 and my last handset was 6600 and I have never come across any such problem till date.
My handset imei number is 353794001301416
Does anyone have an opinion on the best symbian MP3 player? Real Player sucks and UltraMP3 is a bit better (but not free). And I need MORE volume!
This phone rocks. People keep saying its hard to sms, but it actually not that difficult. It just takes a little to time to get used to. Had the phone for about 2weeks now and haven't had any problems with it. The features are pretty kool as well.
this phone is a fuckin piece of shit. i got rid of it the same day that i bought it. it is way to big, cant write sms properly, no display on outside, too bulky, have to opoen phine to see if there is message or missed calls also cant see who is ringing without opening phone (or BRICK as i like to call it) up! IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!!