Have owned the phone for 3 weeks now, so I think I can provide a decent review on it. :) To put it all briefly (somewhat)..
- Battery life is quite pathetic. I need to carry my charger to work with me and charge my phone at my desk, else it dies on me by early afternoon.
- The chrome around the screen and keypad scratch extremely easily, no matter how careful you are with it. As a result, the phone tends to look older faster.
- In terms of structure and tactile quotient, very sleek, not at all cheap-looking as per some reviews.
- Display is brilliant and clear, even under direct sunlight.
- Music player is good, and it even offers some funky player themes to customize your view.
- The external music control keys are a boon! Besides controlling the music player and radio, have figured it can also be used to snooze the alarm. Haven't figured out any other uses for it yet.
- If you turn on the Power Saver mode, the external display (on date-time screensaver) doesn't display notifications of messages or missed calls. Quite an issue for a clamshell, but is resolved if you simply turn off the Power Saver mode.
- Camera quality is a bit of a let-down. Pictures have a lot of noise. Videos are also not very clear, especially if you move the camera between two scenes. It results in a lot of pixelation. The sound on videos is also rather low.
- FM reception is decent, haven't had any issues on that front. Though that probably also depends on the actual signal strength at your position.
- The character count on the SMS function works downwards from 1000 characters, as opposed to the 160 character message-length limit that most service providers accept. This makes it a bit difficult to track when you've exceeded the message limit.
- Construction is great, the flip mechanism is solid. No creaks or loose parts... yet, anyway!
- Keypad is comfortable. The centre column of numerics (2, 5, 8 and 0) is a little broader than the other 2 columns, which takes a little getting used to, but in no way is a bother.
- Speakers are brilliant! The sound is clear and loud. Even on a volume level of 2, the loudspeaker provides clear enough sound for me to play in my room and be heard in the next room.
On the whole, I'm very happy with the phone. There are slight cons as I have mentioned, but I don't think any of them (besides the battery life) are really major issues.
Hope the above is of some help. Cheers. :)
I am Bri from Newport Beach. Who cares what one's name is? Stop with all the "Bri Guy" stuff nonsense. Now to the video quality: It is fair, but not very good. Especially is you play it on your computer. First of all, the phone records the video as a .3gp file. You then can use a conversion program that can convert it to .WMV or .MPEG, etc. Again, the quality is OK, but not great. The frames per second rate and resolution is not as good as some other Nokia phones. Don't buy this phone for video. Buy this phone if you just need an excellent quality, small and light-weight cell phone. Signed, The Best Bri
I don't have any problem with the video which is good for recording small clip in high quality VGA. If the light is low sometimes you can see strange pixels but it is not that often. For 170 euros i paid i believe the phone is right. So much faster than my old samsung. That said, my old E770 made extremly good CIF video, maybe better than this one. And the TV out was great too.
So which phone should I buy for a small phone, fast, loud, and with great video ?
The One and Only BRI
Just get one. Good and fast. Very loud too. Very good video, very fast to record on the memory card. Just sorry the flash cannot be used for video
I rilli rilli want that fone... is it available in aussie? i want the lavender or the orange one!!!!
just wondering if you could change the housing or the body or the keypad of this fon :)
Never mind, the orange one is not out yet (nor are the lavender or the blue ones).
He'll get it directly from the Nokia online shop.
Hi, Jeff. The 6267 has a 2.5mm headphone jack at the top. I bought from Radio Shack a 3.5mm to 2.5mm standard and small adapter so I could use any 3.5mm headphones. These adapters are widely available online.
Hey Wonder, can u connect a 3.5 mm jack to this fone? if yes then which is the adapter u shud use for this? i mean the type of that adapter?
Don't believe what others say, I am Bri and love this phone. Cheap, small, light and full of features. Video amazingly good...
I am the one and only Bri Guy. And I am offended at any potential imposters. Overall, I am happy with my Nokia 6267 purchase. As a cell phone, it serves its purpose quite adequately. There are people that want a decent cell phone and who don't want all the other multimedia fluff. The 6267 serves this purpose. Decent size and weight and sound quality and battery life. Don't buy this phone if you want a dedicated music phone or WiFi Web Browser. But if you are just looking for a good phone, consider this one. Signed, The Real Bri
did you notice this bug,after pressing # phone change line 1&2 insted of going to silent profile
Ok thankx S and since you were quick with your answer I will say what I think of it.
First of all, when using it you dont have to fear scratches beacuse of the plastic which is positive i think. I also love the old school look. The phone froze on me once when I watch a video i transfered from my comp. but it was only the video, so i just stoped the clip and then it was fine. No biggie. I havent found any negative things about it except for the volume buttons (waiting for update). So bottom line I like this phone much, the screen and speakers are gr8 and the buttons are a dream. The camera is what you could expect from a 2 megapixel, but Im not complaining. I wonder why Nokia put in a 2.5 mm audio jack though, was it to piss me of? hehe, had to buy an adapter, but its ok I guess.
better wait for update.it is a software issue for sure.pls tell something more for this phone,i'm very interested.10x a lot.
Hi, I've had this phone for a week, and I've noticed that after the phone has been on for about 24 hours the volume buttons wont work until I restart the phone. Why could this be? Should I get my phone changed, or wait for software updates?
lol, 2 bris. oh well. anyway, i personally think this phone is good.
I am Bri. I like this phone. Why did you think I didn't like it? I'd prefer if it had stereo speakers and louder volume, but all-in-all, I'd recommend this phone.
I've been using this phone for almost a month now. Actually is a good phone, an upgraded version of 6131 with better camera and longer battery life. The only problem is that the casing inside beside the screen easily gets scratch just like the 6131. If you use text messages a lot, this is the phone for you with big keypads.