This is mobile heaven.
There can be only this one.
I have a hotmail account on it
I browse the web with Opera mini.
I se streaming video on the internal browser.
I se dvd films on it with 48000 sampelrated sound and 320x240 videoformat in 3gp.
Other mobile owners just crumble and disapeare.
Display is everything. 176 x 144 sucks!
Radio with preset stations.
Stations interchangeable from the headbutton set.
This phone is cababable of almost anything you could wish for.
Can I read the WORD documents in my 6280 phone.Is there any software or applications that I should install?If it's possible were can I get it?If someone can help me ... my e-mail is : firstname.lastname@example.org ! Thank you very much!
your fone would really crash if you don't know how to use it.
i've experienced rebooting even if i haven't touched my fone (v3.6)...it happened twice already within a month.
i'm using a 1gb mmc but it could support 2gb according to the included pamphlet in the box.
i'm already using 4.2mb of the internal memory and still works fine...this is due to insertion of pictures (jpeg and gif format)on some of my contacts.
imagine its video resolution when watching it on your pc...it's 640 x 480, cool! it's like watching an avi format LARGE video on windows media player.
Hi chelunz ,
Thank you for missing me ;))
Well ..in the last almoust 2 weeks i hadded problems with my antena (i`m connected to the net with a antenna from my ISP)
Well .. mine broken twice , and i know the problems and i can give you to all some tips (in case u`ve didn`t noticed until now):
1. Don`t receive via bluetooth or infrared files larger then your free internal memory ( if u do , the software will crash 90% )
2. If u apply a smaller theme, u will have more free internal space ..
In the last two weeks i`ve stuyed it a little more [ because i was booring .. no internet :( ]
suhaimi, dragos and many 'familiar' users...seem to be missing in the forum recently ah? buys playing ur 6280 recently? keke...
!!!Hey there if anyone wants to buy this phone, just DONT! coz this phone is SH**!
The software is very BAD! too bad for nokia, they should have tested it be4 they think about advertising it!!very disappoiting!
i took 2 contracts out with 6280s for me and my girlfriend. We've both had to replace our phones twice!!! pile of poo!!!
Not sure about the biggest, but I have a 1Gb card in mine and it's working no problem.
I've had the phone for a few weeks. Observations:
- camera & video recording pretty good
- display is clear and bright
- UI is pretty intuitive
- feels a bit fragile and plasticky
- operating system tends to crash and reboot frequently - happened 4 times in 2 days once
- it has Nokia SMS format, which I find much clumsier than T9.
- clip to hold in the memory card is not very strong. It's gonna break soon.
Is there a speaker on this phone that can be used as loudspeaker or play music on or does it go through the earpiece section?
so you guys mean to tell me that out of XX amount of pages, no-one know what is the mx size mem card u can put in this badboy?
If taking excellent quality photo isn't your number 1 priority in getting a mobile phone, the 6280 will be the 'perfect' slide-phone for you.
anybody here can answer me some questions:
1.nokia n70 can watch photo while playing music,does 6280 got tat function?
2.how 2 play video call? i cant open the vga camera at all!
3.is it tat speaker of 6280's sound very small? thanks 4 your answer...
This is my review of the Nokia 6280
I am using this handset for about 2 weeks, and here are the top pros and cons that I found:
The Good Things:
* Keypad: Despite the fact that it is a little bulky and heavy, there is a benefit to it - the keypad and external keys are extra comfortable, and the display is big and used wisely
* Slider: The slider mecahnism is a little better than the average I saw so far - when opened it feels solid.
* Camera: The camera takes excellent pictures (1600x1200), and the video has a good resolution (640x480)
* Interface: The user interface is very intuitive, unlike some of the older Nokia modela that I bumped into
* Sound: The speaker is pretty loud, music sounds good
* Features: Feature-wise, it has everything you can ask for.
* PC Management: One of the advantages in taking a Nokia is that there are many 3rd party management software for it. I wanted to recommend a specific program, but the rules do not allow commercial advertising.
The Bad Things:
* Size: The phone is quite big, it feels like a small PDA, but thats the price to pay for big keys and display
* Slider: When the slider is closed, the two parts of the phone have about 1 milimeter of "play room" - it feels less solid than the open position
* Sound: The speaker makes some stressful noises when hearing someone speak through it. While music is played nicely, human sounds make it vibrate and make a plastic-to-plastic noises
* PC Management: The Nokia PC Suite thats bundled with it is quite lame. It looks as if it is meant for people who do not feel comfortable with a PC. Basically, it allows to copy files to and from the phone, nothing more. We are lucky enough to have 3rd party solutions.
* Color Themes: There are not enough themes coming with the phone, and some of them are not completely finished. Personally, I like dard background and light fonts, and there is only one themes like this. Even so, I had to edit this theme myself, because some of the menus had white font over white background
* Back Cover: The back battery cover seems very fragile. It is a very thin plastic cover that makes some creaking sounds when you hold the phone in your hand and push some buttons. I would prefer a few extra grams in weight for a more solid cover.
All in all, I am happy with the phone, but it definitly leaves room for improvements. I am glad to see Nokia are back on the horse again, but a little more demanding quality control would do wonders.
i wanna buy this fone, i reali like th edesign of it and its content,but i have a samsung d500.is the 6280 better than a samsung d500?
Hey all, i have a choice at the moment this phone or the sony ericcson k750i ive been hearing some gud things about the other phone but this one is 3g. Now i dont know which to pick so plz guys canu help me make a choice
I noe how bad u feel about these peeps ignorance & stupidity..wile i found this phone terrific (knowing wat it could do and cant) is giving me a big boost over anything else!
Dun worry abt the the "headless" qtns cos its draining unnecesary energy that you have. Instead lets enjoy and laff out to it :) Cheers to everybody in here!
I'm from Sydney. I recently went back to Nokia mobiles after a 5 year absence.
My phone is terrible. My software is v3.60 (*#00000# on your mobile).
- When using Vodafone Live! it sometimes hangs. (to fix: reboot)
- Somtimes the mobile suddenly restarts continuously. (fix: reboot)
- Just yesterday I received an SMS - and it continuously vibrated!!! (fix: shutdown phone/attempt to take out the battery)
- Sometimes after drop outs, it cannot find the reception so the phone becomes hot and wastes battery. (fix: reboot)
- Sometimes a call comes in and the phone the phone rings once then restarts.
Now I wish can find my receipt to get it fixed. But after all these continuous complaints I'm not sure if the phone is even fixable.
I'm not telling you not to get a Nokia mobile.. just not this model. Maybe I ought to ebay it - goodluck suckers!!
Say No to Nokia 6280!