I am having problems with my 6280. My phone will have a BEEP sound, the screen fades off and restart by itself when i listen to my mp3s. This happens occasionally...not all the time.
Also, i realised the reception fluctuates a lot when i listen my mp3s.
I brought it to Nokia Care Centre twice, they assumed is the software problem and formatted my software TWICE. but the problems still occur. I am waiting to upgrade my software.
I m also quite disappointed with the camera... doesn't seems to me is 2MP.
Does any1 has the same problems as me?
More Detail Informatio of Camera of 6280
The resolution of taken photo will decrease when I use the zoom function of the camera. The resolution cannot fix at 2 mega pixel when I zoom the target. Therefore, the pixel of the saved photo will become 19 k Pixel when I set the camera at maximum Zoom. The result of saved file is poor than the digital zoom of general camera. The save file size is about 15 kB at Maximum. The digital zoom of the camera should know how to generate the image to maintain the pixel size of the photo, not just only magnifying the image. This problem do not happen in Nokia 6670.
Problem of Nokia 6280
1. Limited File Format supported by Media Player of 6280 so that it cannot stream some of media in PCCW's 3G Network.
2. Midi file cannot send thought MMS but the manual saying that it can support SP-MIDI, AMR and monophonic ringtone. However, only AMR file can send. It is no reason to fix MMS send out format. People should have a right to send any kind of file below 300 KB which is supported by network. I change the file name extension of midi file to amr extension; then I can send it freely.
3. The tag of m4a and acc created from your PC suite (Transfer Music) is not support Chinese. When I transfer the file into the phone, the phone cannot recognize any Chinese Character. However, your Desktop player seems can recognize the Chinese Tag. I have not test MP3 file format yet because I employ other way to transfer MP3 file to the phone. I use Microsoft Media Player 10 and Intervideo MP3 plug-in to create MP3 file and import Chinese Tag Information from internet without any problem. After I copy it to the phone, the phone can recognize any king of Chinese Character in the tag. (Including Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Extra Added Chinese Character). Moreover, Apple’s IPod handle Chinese Tag of ACC file without any problem. So don’t tell me ACC file and M4a not support Chinese Tag.
4. The resolution of taken photo will decrease when I use the zoom function of the camera. The resolution cannot fix at 2 mega pixel when I zoom the target. Therefore, the pixel of the saved photo will become 19 k Pixel when I set the camera at maximum Zoom. The result of saved file is poor than just only digital zoom. This problem do not happen in Nokia 6670.
5. The phone cannot receive any file with file name in Chinese by using Bluetooth transfer.
6. 6280 can play any mp4 song without change the Tag. After adding Chinese tag to MP4 song by using your “transfer music”, the mp4 file will not recognize by 6280 and cannot play again.
7. Changing Chinese Tag by using “transfer music” in English Windows, Your 6280 can read it. However, Microsoft Media Player cannot recognize the Tag after changed by your program.
8. To disconnect Bluetooth head phone when playing music in 6280, the Music Player of 6280 will stop. The Head Set and Hand Set switching for Bluetooth Head set is not the same as smooth as wired head set.
If u r a hardcore MP3 user, get the SE Walkman series or Motorola ROKR.
If u need 2 frequently take excellent quality pix get the SE K750i.
If need a mobile fone made of excellent quality, get the Motorola V3 series made of aircraft-aluminium material.
If u want a handsome looking 3G Slider fone with all the bells & whistles + Nokia's friendly user interface in SMS & Calendar/ Schedule + the ability 2 change 2 display larger fonts + a large crispy/sharp display screen get the 6280.
i have some images that arent in any folder in the memory card and i want to put them on the images folder in the memory card but it doesnt wanna go there
If i not wrong, the front camera is onli for video calls. Not reallie for takin pics. U can check the manual? Hee~ Haf fun wif e hp..
hi evrybdy and espically owners of 6280 could u tell me whether 6280 plays REAl format songs and WMA format songs? pls pls pls reply quickly. itz URGENT!!!
thanx in advance
one more thing, if u upgrade to 1gb will it be slow down/freeze/hang frequently? does this problem occur like my 6230i did- upgrading it to 1gb likes forcing it too much. both phone are series 40 afterall, so im curious about it
i own 6230i and look forward to change with this phone BUT if this phone likes to eat dust like my hp, how do you clean it? i mean 6230i you just remove the cover and clean it right, but how bout 6280? any idea?
Ofcourse you can use other mini sdcard aside from nokia cause it has the general format as to its specs.
can anyone advise how to secure the wrist strap, seems nowhere to hold the wrist strap
Hi, I'm from Sydney. Just bought the phone last week, and reckon the "slider" is very loose. Showed it to the place I bought it from, said it is normal and will be the same for eveyry one of them. But I'm still keen on taking it to the Nokia Service 2row and see what they can do about it. I Love the features but hate how much noise the top half makes because of the slider being loose. If anyone knows how to tihghten it, please tell me.
BTW if you want to lock the phone w/out sliding, go to the settings menu, then my shortcuts, and select navigation key and set one of th arrows to Lock..
Can anyone tell how Can i work the front Cam ?? , im try'n 2 use it but i dont know how ?? , is it juz for the 3G networks ? , i mean i can't use it for normal pics unless the 3G thingy ?? , PLZ HELP ME FAST ! Ps : im usin GSM network ..
Comparing to 6270, 6280 is good. But 6280 don't have the 3D effect of stereo audio
hey dun go for a v3 nor a 6280.. go for a 3250.. wich costs a little bit more... its got very loud sound quality.. i feel its a better music fone than w800i or w550i.. though its not 3g its got an upper hand as it has all features n a better 2 mp camera than 6280.. if u wanna know more bout 3250 check http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_3250-reviews-1296.php
i wanted to ask anyone who had this phone if it is worth having...i would like to get this phone or a v3x and i dont no which one to get
soni... m from mumbai.. the app. orginal price is Rs 17500 , n the grey market price is Rs.15500..
sooo many people complaining about dust in the display of their phones... i've had my phone for 3 months... not a single speck of dust... the ONLY fault in my phone that i have come across is that it occasionally likes to reset itself =P lol but other than that, best phone of its price range in my opinion