Hi gemma am frm bangladesh too.my 6300 has the same china battery bt made by hungary.its doesn't matter really.this battery is powerfull bt the excellent color quality of d phone is very power hungry.keep ur phone sleep mode to avoid regular charging...gemma tumi ki ctg thako?let me knw
I'm really happy to be a owner of 6300.Every thing is all right,except the battery life.It's very poor.Let me know which battery provide me longer.Now I use made in china.My handset is made by Hungary & I'm from Bangladesh.
Ths phone ROCKS!!!! Admitedly not the most exciting or amazing handset ever, but if you want a totally reliable handset that does text and calls this is it. The music player is more than fine and the camera is rad too. Does lack a flash, but that really is the only fault. Have had this phone 3months now and love it. Had no probs or glitches. Good, solid and reliable!!!!! 10/10
I have a question for you users of Nokia 6300.. can one listen to music on this phone while it's in sleep mode(display switched off)? Cuz if it can, this could prolong the battery life when in use for hours while listening, or am I wrong?
With my personal typical usage of the phone, it lasts 4 days. Bare in mind, its obvious that if you use bluetooth and listen to music all the time, the battery is going to go down faster.
Phonesource***** customer service is the WORST.....there $ may be the lowest, but in the end, after you pay for ALL shipping,to and from (you pay both ways even if the phone has problems)there price is one of the highest.ALL SALES ARE FINAL--even if the phone is defective.
is it true that this mobile have very short bettery timing
it is heard that its timing is just 1 day...
is it true....
OK. A couple of things I'd like to add to my review posted earlier this week - Mostly cons :(
- The battery cover and the black top part on the rear of the phone are extremely prone to scratches.
- The sound quality through the earphones is a bit poor. Lots of hiss noise, plus, I some times can hear my "exhalation" through them.
I got mine through "craiglist" classifieds. The guy had signed a contract and didn't need the phone so I got the phone off of him. It's locked though. You should wait until an unlocking method gets released, if looking for an unlocked one.
Currently I M having 6230 i here..
Can U inform the Performance of 6300 with my 6230i ??
Which is better???
Should I sold the 6230i ???
Pls suggest me....
It is the best phone in its price range. Nokia has finally come out with a slim and classy model with 16 million colors.
I'm guessing the battery cover is prone to scratches, but I've had my phone for a few weeks now and mines still spotless (then again, I don't just throw it into a bag, I make sure it's not with other things when I carry it about)
to a happy owner where did you get the north american version of the 6300.i would like to get one please respond thanks
We (carphone warehouse) highly recommend this handset. Especially if you're a nokia fan and probably, like most people had the 6230i, don't bother look at the 3G version Nokia 6233, the 6300 is the one to have.
Sleek, stylish, easy to use. A lot of people who have the Nokia N80, Sony Ericsson W-series, or previous Samsungs like D600 or D800 have upgraded to this phone. Spec wise most would call it a downgrade or just getting a similar phone to what you already have, don't be fooled. This phone is above all.
To the people who ask why or if it gets hot whilst using it or charging the answer to that is all phones do, this one just comes in a stainless steel body, so you feel it more. Its science. Camera is as clear as. No problems with that, don't think that the Cybrshot phones have better quality when viewing on the phones screen, the 6300 has same resolution but 16million colours on the display. You will only notice the quality between a 2mp and 3.2mp camera phone if you're blowing it up lets say, A4 size and above.
I give this phone 8.5/10. Only drawback is battery life, but also Nokia should've made this phone with 3G, and A2DP bluetooth profile.
I have this phone since 2 weeks. No, the handset doesn't get hot while charging, but the battery is very poor...
But it's a very nice phone
So I got my Nokia 6300 (North American Version) a couple of days ago. Here's my brief review:
- Acceptable SAR rating (my first preference)
- Excellent signal reception (my second preference)
- Excellent screen quality (very nice and sharp)
- Good user interface, although I'm more used to Sony Ericsson style
- Good call clarity and quality, esp. when the "Voice Clarity" option is active
- Comes with a 512MB SanDisk memory, that's sweet!! :D
- Has a mini USB port which makes it really convenient for software installations
- Thin and sleek, makes it fit into your pocket really easily
- High quality speaker phone
- Won't accept large file installation (or there's way that I'm not aware of yet)
- It gets a bit warm if talking for long
- No "incoming call restrictions" option
- No "hide your Caller ID per call" option, u have to use ur provider's code before dialing
- No USB cable included
- Poor vibrating alert, I can't really feel it
- Average quality earphones
- The USB port cover is very hard to open (seems Nokia still has problems in designing "Covers"!!)
- Camera could be better
hassan : 6300 :for this handset ther is no usb cable, cable is available in the nokia showroom, there is no cable in the box....
You say the phone has a week camra.
Infact a photo taken on the 6300 will look better that a photo taken on say the samsung D900 this is because the screen resolution for this phone is 16M compared with most phones 262k, the only time you will notice the difference between a 2MP and a 3MP camra is when the image is enlarged or "blown up" get your facts right before you gotalking about things you dont know anything about.