Heat up during phone call is a "signature" of Nokia phones!.....this one NO exception!
Ebz, yes, I feel too, that the call quality is really poor - I have the Voice clarity and GSM (not Dual - GSM+UMTS) network turned on. Could anyone say what the UMTS will change, possibly in the reception quality?
can anyone recommend if this phone is better than Sony ericsson s500i? I am now currently using sony ericsson s500i but it has been giving me alot of problem. How is this nokia 6500 classic.
I was going to buy this phone yesterday but a friend who works for a phone retail company says that due to the phone being made of a certain material it has really poor reception. Has anyone else had these problems?
1 month later...
I initially wrote a good 'report' about this phone, but now I certainly have reservations.
A few points:
1) the keypad is definitely not as easy to use as at first thought. An N82/8800 style keypad would be much better. Shame that Nokia don't do interchangable keypads.
2) I've experienced a lot of bad call quality (signal break-up) and also of dropouts, ie., getting cut off completely. This has caused me considerable frustration. I've had to send the phone back for 'repair'.
3) The camera is terrible in anything less than good lighting conditions, even with the flash on.
4) Despite being very careful with phones, I've mishandled it twice now, which I've never done with any previous phone. It's nice that it's thin, but couple that with the smooth rounded sides...it's a bad combination.
Tho' I initially really liked the phone, I'm now wishing I'd gone for something else.
Had this phone for a week, It is
2.fiddly key pad the gap between the silver bars can only accomodate the slimest of fingers or thumb nail in my case.
3. Battery life is short of that claimed.
4. How do you adjust the volume?????
5. The back late is so thin that I doubt it will last very long.
6. The back plate protrudes on the sides leaving a sharp distracting edge.
Overall I dislike this phone and will be exchanging it at the earliest oportunity.
I love it itz hot sexc and has it all!!
iG memory is enough.. at least it looks good..=)
just commenting on the contract deals, its really worth pushing the sales person when talking to them, you need to be firm.
I was offered 600 xnet 1000 texts & unlimited o2-o2 calls for £25 a month 18 monts contract and i pushed for more discount and managed to get the whole deal for £20!
allwayts worth a try, good idea is to quote better deals from other companies.
MM_a, no, this phone doesn't have a radio, but 1GB of memory should do the job for listening to music.
If u want a gangsta phone that looks good and has mad options take this one. Look only nerds need phones to have features they will never use. For a good phone 8.5/10 take this one
- How about the screen? I hear that it is not protected and am concerned about its durability in that respect. ^^;
got this phone today. It is an excellent little phone, here are my views:
1-first of all, the 6500 back plate is plastic, and comes covered in "clingfilm" to protect it. I am used to my 6300, with the metal backplate/battery cover. It felt a bit cheap.
2-the keypad is a little hard to get used to. I am an avid texter, and i dont think this would be my perfect texting phone, still prefer the 6300.
3- the menu is very fast indeed, and the 1gb internal mem is cool.
4- the "all in one" connection is fab, i think. You can plug your headphone, or your charger, or your data cable, in that one single connection - the phone is beautiful and that single "hole" in it makes it stand out - very nice.
5-battery time was good
6-too expensive for the features! It is, essencially, a nokia 6300, with a nicer (a lot nicer) outer casing. Nevertheless, a head turner.
I really like the phone, but was very disappointed with the plastic back plate/battery cover.
Good looking phone but the keypad is a nightmare - keep wanting to push the silver bits that are raised. By the way, best way to get the cover off is grip it with 2 fingers and pull it off.
I'm planning 2 buy this phone,but I wanted 2 know if it plays MP4 videos,coz my 6300 does play MP4 videos but the frames per second speed is very slow,so the video and audio do not sync well.