Can the 6500 uses 5610 remote adapter? And is there really sound when capturing picture and can it be silenced?
hi everybody , its my first time here
kindly i need to know how can i turn off the sound of the camera while capturing
thanks in advance
I'm really confused. I was thinking of buying Nokia 6500 slide or N76, but when I read all the comments about both phones, I was very surprised and really dunno what to buy!!! I've read very bad comments on both phones. Can anyone help? Currently, I have Nokia 6600. It's fine but I need an updated one with more functions. Help me to decide pls. Thanks.
Hi there, Update Nokia 6500 slide firmware to 4.84. It will solve problem delay on answering call (using the slide function)
For the GMT problem, check out this link, maybe it could help you: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=phones&message.id=25875
MY phone's slider doesn't scratch the keypad. For those who want buy this phone, check if the one you're buying does it before you buy it.
Sorry but I don't understand Chinese so for those who are a little skeptical on the Chinese-Eng dictionary, please enquire about this from the person below me.
On the other hand, those who need to see how the English dictionary works, email me about it and I can show you a video. AND despite the fact that you have to enter the word LETTER BY LETTER, a list of words will show up below the entry field that is closest to the word you are looking for -- so it's pretty similar to predictive text.
The PEN KEY. It's also a physical feature kind of thing, if you had wanted a PEN KEY, why would you buy THIS phone? It wasn't there to begin with so it wouldn't be there after you buy it either. For those who are considering buying this phone, DON'T GET THIS PHONE, if NOT having a PEN KEY is a MAJOR disadvantage for you! For those who DON'T have a problem with not having a PEN KEY, but would still like to use copy and paste, YES, you can hightlight, copy and paste words and numbers in this phone. It's a bit cumbersome in that you have to click on options and select "mark" and then do the copy and pasting.
Oh and it is TRUE -- this phone does NOT have an automatically slide lock (phone locks when you slide it down), but there is a firmware update on it on the Nokia website (although there are some glitches with the updates so read up on it before you do it -- check out howardforums)
I don't have the two second problem answering problem. Don't know what to say about this.
Yes, the antenna is on the bottom of the phone. If you live in a place that catches little reception and you like to hold your phone from the BOTTOM, this phone is a bad choice.
Ringing default. Haven't had an issue, yet, will update if it happens.
I really don't think that this phone can be comparable to the N-series (including the N95, which I do NOT think is a dream phone; in fact, if I did, I would've bought it). The N95 runs on the Symbian OS, has wifi, GPS, a 5MP camera, and cost a whole lot more. If those are the features that you're looking for, this phone doens't have it. Honestly, the N-series is a Nokia luxury line and there are a lot of features that they pack into those phones (i.e. document viewer) that they will not pack into phones like the 6500 due to marketing. I've read through a lot of the Nokia phones on GSMarena and I've already realized that the document viewer feature are mostly available on the N-series.
As far as multitasking goes, this phone doesn't have it. I'm not going to debate on this matter any further.
This phone, like all phones, has its perks and its imperfections. Mentioning a disadvantage like the 2-second delay or the slider scratching the keypad is fine because those are issues that you wouldn't know about until you've used it so it's very important to let others know; but why mention a disadvantage that's already been said and noted in the specs and reviews? It doesn't have a doc viewer (read the specs, the doc viewer wasn't listed). It doesn't have a pen key or a C key(look at the pictures, it wasn't there to begin with). Oh and yes, it's an s40 phone, it's NOT symbian OS -- so don't consider this phone is you have a major problem with that.
Anyway. Be back later. ^__^
w910i vs 6500 slide
what more valuable for my money
SE w910i cost 250 USD more
is it worth to give more money?
help me guys
i got d same problem with GMT thing, i alredy set wit d correct tme but still wrong...pls help me...tnx
I have Nokia 6500 Slide for almost 3 weeks, and to be honest I exppected more from Nokia....
Also, I have problems with time in sms sent to me, it's wrong. I've changed in settings, GMT etc...but the time in sms sent to me is still wrong. Anyone to help me with this?!???!?!
Thank you in advance
Response to LY
1. The slider definitely scratches the keypad for key 1,2,and 3.
2.The pen key is normally own by n series and even old model like 7610 do have the function. do not think u even know there is a copy and paste function. Let me teach you,hold the pen key and highlight the words u want from messages or contact then paste it in a new message to send.
3.Predictive text input is just lack for the dictionary and i did not said in messaging. Try to imagine u have to press words by words to search for the meaning. No predictive text input will be available when u r using dictionary. Please note that one of the main prevail in nokia business tactic is almost all of its phone support chinese english dictionary or vice versa. This cannot be found in most of the SE phone. One research from SE saying that 40% of the customer will go for nokia is coz of its dictionary.
4. Multitasking is available for most of the nokia phone,for eg all n-series,7610,6600,6300 and so many more. And let me correct ur mistake that is not just n95 is available for multitasking. And please do not think n95 is a dream phone and always think it can fight for amongst other.
5.the other major disadvantage is this phone is not possible to view word file.
I am personally using this phone and i post my opinion based on fact. I do not impaired others reputation easily. everything is based on fact. And i do help to give buyer buying opinion. And personally i am also a software programmer technician for most of the phone model,i am confidence that i knew thoroughly of the symbian os uiq series of the phone.
FEEL NO OFFENCE. I DO THINGS IN A PROFESSIONAL WAY. REPUTATION IS MY MAIN CONCERN AND SO I DO NOT SPOIL ANY OTHERS REPUTATION EASILY FOR EG LIKE NOKIA IF IT HAD DONE A GOOD JOB. IF YOU DO WISH TO REQUIRE MORE INFO AND PLZ DONT FEEL HESITATE TO CONTACT ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org.I PROMISE WILL FULFILL ANYBODY REQUEST.
Some of your statements are not correct. I had the phone and it DID scratch the keypad mostly at the number 2 and 5 now I bought the phone when it first came out so they may have corrected this by now I'm not sure I have heard yes and no. The other problems that I had with this phone are.
1. When you slide the phone up there is a 2 second laps before you hear the other person
2. There is no auto slide lock Yes I know you can set one to lock after 5 seconds but then you have to enter the code to unlock.(I heard they corrected this with new firmware but have not comfirmed)
3. Antenna is at the bottom of the phone so signal is fragile if you hold it by the bottom.
4. Problems with ring tones defaulting.
5. Also some software glitches that make the phone hang.
All this said, I agree this is a great phone looks wise and features wise they just need to correct some minor issues, all this could be corrected with firmware except the RF
Response to ss com:
1. The slider does NOT scratch the keypad.
2. What do you mean there is no pen key to copy and pen?
3. Never knew people had a problem with using a dictionary that doesn't have predictive text. Now don't get this mix up with text messaging because this phone has it.
4. Except for the N95, most Nokia phones don't have multitasking capabilities.
5. This is a Nokia phone -- since when was there ever a C button to delete? Don't mention the N95 -- that phone is $250 more than this phone and is not at a comparable stage.
6.Stainless steel = metal = heavy = if you don't like it, don't buy it.
7. So... I guess plastic phones will scratch less easily than a metal phone. Hm...
I quote your comment: "THIS IS JUST SOME OF THE MAJOR PROBLEM.OTHERS STILL NOT CONFIRM."
Based on this comment, it seems you have not used this phone, yet. Please do not make comments about phones that you haven't already tried out or used. Also, all of the disadvantages that you have listed doesn't seem to be major issues that people would generally have problems with, not to mention that some of it is not true.
Response to kit23:
1. I wouldn't say that it was as good as the Samsung D500 (that phone had a great slide mechanism, go read about it if you don't believe me), but it doesn't suck as bad as the SE S500. It's good, not great.
2. Answered above.
3. Probably a firmware problem. Not a phone problem. I can't confirm this, yet.
Response to PQFV:
My 6500 hangs a bit (very very very slight; can only tell if you feel against it) on both side. I think this done intentionally so you can get a GRIP on it when you pick up. If it's stainless steel and even on the sides, you will DEFINITELY drop it easily!
Response to NsFQ:
Answer to both question is YES.
Some additional comments I would like to add:
1. I don't responded to the comments that sort of stood out to me. If you have questions, feel free to email me and I will try to answer it to the best of my ability and with all honesty.
2. I don't know who said that speakerphone is low... this phone has pretty normal speakerphone volume. Perhaps you didn't know that when you are in the call and you press the speakerphone option, you can increase its volume using the volume rocker on the right side?
3. MAX OUT THE VOLUME AND THIS PHONE IS LOUD! (although the music QUALITY is only ok... sounds like too much treble)
4. Haven't put any pictures on my computer yet so can't tell you the camera quality when it shows up on your computer, although the the pictures looks decent on the phone and the flash is excellent.
5. This phone is tiny -- not THIN (don't get this if you're into the THIN phase), but it's pretty small. Seriously, stop looking at pictures and grab a ruler and do the measurements.
Be back later to check up on new comments and to make any other responses.
To tell whether it's a fake, see if your 6500 slide is "touch screen." If it is, then it's a fake.
- Look at the logo of NOKIA above the D-PAD if its spelled as NOKIR, NOKLA or worst, Bluetooth.
- Check also the menu listing if it's not the usual S40 menu style.
- 1.3MP camera instead of 3.2MP
- No front camera
- The D-pad's chrome lining is thicker
Anybody PLEASE HELP ME!!! i'm a bit confused..why the KEYPAD of the phone is different?? mine got like a chinese symbol! is it ORIGINAL NOKIA MADE? or AP set..but this phone has a ZITRON sticker at the back of the phone..please help..
6500 s is da bomb, its time to take your n73's and n70's and give then to ur little brothers and sisters. Had a problem with it but it came threw for me. Love the phone it makes life very easy if you are an SMS person like me!
How do I resolve the issue of delay on answer using the slide function. That is the only thing bugging me about this (otherwise fantastic) phone.
Good Phone. I've got an issues on delay when answering calls with slide. But just update new firmware from 4.81 to 4.84 the problem solve. Over roll this phone is great.