Does anyone know if the nokia 6500 slide has security features.ie locking phone book,messages, with password.
If u already hv a notebook/laptop 2 surf internet, then y do u still need 2 surf internet with a mobile fone with such tiny screen?
Yes, the 6500s can surf internet & check/send/receive email. But do not xpect this 'fone' 2 replace a notebook/laptop.
i bought this phone one month back and till date i didnt find any problem.its hungary make and i bought it in bahrain.everything is fine till now. i feel its worth buying..
i have read all the previous issues but even though i liked to take risk and finally im satisfied that i got a really gud piece...
@pej , i'd go for the 6500 SLIDE ANYDAY BEING AN N SERIES OWNER , they're nice but VERY VERY SLOW , even with no applications installed on them , it's n series on the whole.
As long as i know , this model is made only in Finland Or Hungary , mine's Hungary , think most of them are Hungary. except for the battery , the charer , headphones , USB...
Not China DEFINATELY.
hi guys... i have been wanting to get this phone coz it looks simple without al the unnecessary buttons/keys.. however how do we know that some of them are China made??
I'm planning to buy a cellphone.I'm trying to choose between the 6500 slide and the n72, what do you think?
Michael , it's a pretty good good phone , though im not assuring you it does not have a lot of software bugs , ive had mine for a week now.. working well so far.. solid build no creaks , decent camera , quite good for an s40.
music player is great , good sound
my only gripes are loudspeaker is not loud enough and the battery life is horrible :( if you're a music lover , it drains off pretty fast..i've read reviews regarding the same , though it wud`nt be so bad , but yes it is , but im alright with charging the phone everday so!
other than that it's a pretty decent phone for it's price.
yes it is worh buying it, it has great camera,top display, easy to use phone and the steel finish makes the difference. i have it for arround 1 and a half months and i am very pleased with it. i also use a 6300 that is a much cheaper alternative and it is a great phone too
Got this fone for 3 weeks now...and Im very satisfied with it! Its got great camera and great music player!NEVER got any problem with it!!!
as an expert of mobile fones and after 2 months of heavy use for the 6500s i'm telling u know all u want to know about that fone...
My fone in f.w v3.81 still didn't upgrade it..
No Freezes no Hangs at all... few things i discovered
1) The back cover-door is responsible for the fone to read the memorycard put it in place right till u hear the click sound close it tightly.
2) The fone resets to default ringtones only if u change THEMES as many themes comes with its own ringtones
3) If u put the fone in magnetic case it will hang as the MAGNET interfere with the stainless steel body of the fone
4) If u wanna put .jar app. but the pc-suite refuses and says file too large change the connection to DATA storage MODE
5) If reciving a big file via bluetooth 50 60 MB the fone will automatically stores it on the MEmory Card
6) I suggest to move all app. ringtones from the fone-memory to memorycard from recieved items anythings
7) Also don't put to much numbers of SMS in the inbox more than 200msg so fone goeas slow... u can copy them to the PC using the PC-Suite
8) Every time u switch Off-ON the fone the Music player updates the gallery so fones goeas slow about a minute till the updating the galllery is complete
9) The Music-player is better than other nokias pressing the d-pad up goes to the main menu pressing down goes to the play-list ...its too loud indeed
10) the in call voice quality is supreme louder and cleare than my previous N95
11) Battery life is for Day and a half under average use
12) There is a delay for 3 seconds when sliding up to answer a call this is ended in f.w 4.81
13) The camera is top quality real colors doesn't make FAKE colors as other N-series N73 N95 specially flash is too much powerfull than both.it records videos in VGA 640x480 at 15fps and in QVGA at 30fps ... video capture is far better than the N73 but inferior to the N95 as N95 is top class in video capture.
14) The centre key press and hold till it focus release it capture!!! so easy and brilliant
*** any other complains so ur fone is from china! or it has a real error mine is working real fine ***
I used to use series 60 platform but after using series 40v3 5th edition of that fone its too mush faster reliable clearer and cleaner
i can make folders galleries without slowing down the fone or anything..
belive me this fone if u know how to use it completly is the top best
any other thing eMail me!
Since this phone has no WLAN/wi-fi, is this phone able to surf the internet via bluetooth connection to laptop or pc???
push to talk is like a walkie talkie function on the phone so you can talk to someone for free. No networks support this in Ireland anyways. Its available in the USA. 3 network have launched skype which is the exact same idea but both users must have a skype enabled phone which is exclusive to 3.