anyone knows if this phone comes with pop-port or 2.5mm or 3.5 mm headset jack?
this is a good phone, i wud like to get 1 but the only downside of it is that is has no wlan and its a series 40 phone...but i wud trade my n80 n get 1 of dese anyday
hey,you can see more picture here
Roger, you're right in saying that technology moves forward and that features that are found only in expensive mobiles today can be found in the mid-range mobiles of the future.
HOWEVER, the fact is that today if you put WI-FI and all the "beyond simple 3G" features into a mobile the price is going to be high. As you mentioned, Nokia has E-series and N-series... It would make no sense for Nokia only make mobiles that cost a lot of money. Also, as I said earlier most people just call and textmessage... Why should they pay a premium price for a mobile half the features in which they don't even need (well in every mobile there are features we don't need, but WI-FI is a bit different than, say, size chart for fashion a la Nokia L'Amour).
I'm sure in the future WI-FI will become a standard in mid-range mobiles and those of you who want it can settle for E65 slider or such.
I get the feeling some people here think that those who don't need WI-FI and such can settle for the cheapest ugliest mobiles around, and those who do can buy the premium mobiles. They forget mid-range and Nokia 6500 slide is it. It is stylish, it does have 3G and a good cam but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that would make too expensive for people who do want a stylish quality phone but don't need the most advanced features... and don't want to pay a lot of money.
hm... nice phone...but.. is this phone is based on s40 ? if so... then can't beat my N73.... I'm going for N95 soon... wahahahahahaha!!!
to all you guys who commented on my previous posts:
i see no fault on wishing that a new phone like 6500 slider could have a Wi-Fi and could've recorded video at least in 30fps. Why? Because we must accept the fact that as new technology improves our phones, so does the features improves. remember the time that only expensive business type phones of Nokia can only be equipped with FM Radio. But today we see entry level phone having this feature as standard. I also remember the first Bluetooth enabled phone of Nokia in the form of Nokia 6310, which is expensive and might be considered as Nokia's top of the line at that time. But now almost all Series 40 handsets are capable of connecting to other device via Bluetooth.
Today we see again N-series, E-Series bearing all of Nokia's innovative technology while the mid-range handsets are equipped with features that have existed for the past 5 years. Ok, so i maybe wrong in expecting some early mid-range handsets being equipped already with Wi-Fi, but in time it will..
The problem with you guys is you dont accept the fact that your brand new expensive mobile will be replaced with much cheaper phone which is also equipped with the latest feature.
Well at least you guys pay the premium for the technology.
Someday mid-range handsets will also benefit the GPS Maps, WLAN and VGA 30fps video recording.
I take it that this phone is not smart and is series 40...anyone know if it has stereo bluetooth(A2DP)?
Waiting for this phone to be released................ can't wait anymore!!!! i jus love da way it looks ;)
Stainless steel case means that life of the battery will be very short :(
Thanks for your compliment. If you want buy this fone buy it. Donít call this the best Nokia phone. See if you can counter me technically.
1. Even at 3.2 MP, they give only LED flash. It is useless for long distance lighting. Do you know anything about SE k790i with a xenon flash?
2. Did you know that battery talk and standby times are horrible in metallic phones because of extra transmission power required? This is a metallic phone your honor.
3. Itís got only 20 MB of free user memory and you call it the best Nokia phone? Do you know anything about E series or communicators of Nokia? Looks like Not.
4. No HSPDA and call it the best Nokia phone? Do you know anything about HSPDA?
5. No WLAN. Brilliant phone huh? Hope you have used WiFi? Compared to E Series and with phones like N73ME you call this the best Nokia phone. Take a walk.
6. Have you seen the weight of this phone? Your shirts will be without pockets if you carry it in your pockets.
7. Donít show your ignorance by calling this the best Nokia phone. Nokia has produced better phones. Just for your information, go to some shop and see N73ME, 6233, 6300, E65, N70ME, 5700, 9300i etc.
Have a nice day mate. Donít bother to reply.
Stainless steel case ok ... what 'bout the display .. any protection ???
why it comes just only with 20mb of free space. I think that the only think that has been changed from the other model, The Nokia N80 is the camara resolution and and the color without the key on the center of the cellphone. I whish that the best way to put a great cellphone is another one with 80mb
I was quite amazed with this phone... it looks the business. I am an SE W810i user and i am very happy with it. But i have been using it for almost a year and im thinking of changing...... Just a couple of Q's:
1. Is this a hardy phone, i mean can it take rough use?
2. My friends have N70 and they have endless problems..... will this happen with the 6500?
3. Does it have the same ol' boring interface as the older nokia's?
AND THE FINAL Q.... is the 6500 better than the SE S500 ? I mean i know the 6500 has more features..... But is NOKIA better than SONY ERICSSON?
I would like enthusiasts comments, your help would be much appreciated!! (email@example.com)
Yup looks like a great S40 phone coming up soon. If you find the "color" dull, go Gmask the bugger. I think this is a no frills Business phone without the smart part.
Start collecting S40 appz and themes now!!!!!