benny, 01 Mar 2010My daughter has given me her 6500s,as I'm fond of a good camera.Manual,TV out cable,etc missin... morealways use your camera in a good lighting condtions
make sure you wait till a green rectangle comes up while clicking an image. and you will get the best possible images.
Stay away from this God awfull phone. It would have to go down as one of the most faulty prone phones nokia has ever produced. Very bad!
I purchaced one new in 2008 and was told by the sales lady to be one of the best things from nokia. She must have been high on drugs when she said that or was realy good at lieing.
Dont listen to the good reviews about this phone cause they are wrong.
Sorry to all those people out there who love this phone, you obviously hav'nt worked this phone enough yet to reveal its flaws yet, or you are just lucky to get the rare good one. Either way, you are wrong! All the bad things you read about this phone are true, and there are more bad reviews than good ones, so theres a good chance your gona get a bad one.
If you are still stupid enough to buy one after reading my review, expect one of, or all of these realy anoying faults:
1. Phone turning off for no reason (especialy when your waiting for an important call)
2. Phone freezes up whenever an app is used
3. Key pad sometimes wont work, for no reason
4. After 1 month, battery life (on stand by) will go from 4days to 24 hours, or only 1 hour of talk time.
5. Phone keeps saying the memory card has been removed (when it has'nt) whenever you want to transfer somthing from or to the memory card ie share a file via blue tooth or play an mp3 or video. And no to all those smart arses who think cleaning the SD card slot terminals will fix it, cause it dos'nt.
6. You will set a certain ring tone, and a day or two later its back to the default tone again.
7. Rear battery cover will fall off when you pull it from your pocket.
8. Lots of dust builds up inside the display.
9. Some times when you make a call, you get a noise that sounds like a fax is coming through or when you talk you hear your self a second later in your ear, so you need to hang up and make the call again.
10. When you take this piece of crap back to get these problems fixed, you keep getting told its a software problem, and they updated it, and you get home and turn it on and you still have the same problem about a day later.
Please. Save yourself the trouble. Just don't get one.
c2k, 03 Mar 2010have been using my 6500 slide for about 2 years without any problem but recently it fail to re... moreplease rub the memory slot pin with screw diver like toolsand put lit bit down the card catcher through ur fingure.
I just bought a Nokia 6500 Slide.This is a great phone i have ever used.I want to know if it is possible to make files/folders password protected e.g if i want to make my 'Video' folder password protected so that if anyone try to open the 'Video' folder,the phone should ask for a password and if correct password is entered then only the 'Video' folder will be opened,otherwise not,what should i do?Anyone has an idea ? Please help me...Thanks in advance.
I lost my 6500,i luv my phone so much & i'm willin 2 block it 4rm being used by whoever stole it. Who knows how 2 blọck a stolen phone
have been using my 6500 slide for about 2 years without any problem but recently it fail to read my memory card, anyone with this problem and how to retify this? other than this problem i really like this phone and intend to continue using it. anyone can advice - thanks.
Ravikumar, 27 Feb 2010Its good..i hav been using my nokia 6500s from 2 years...its got excellent camera..nice browse... moreMy daughter has given me her 6500s,as I'm fond of a good camera.Manual,TV out cable,etc missing.
As you are using same model,I request you to please give me tips on how to use the camera, how to get maximum benefit from the various options like Image-setting-flash-brightness-night mode-image sequence-effects-white balance-open gallery-.
Also hop to use with TV monitor, Music system etc.
Thanks in advance........email@example.com
this set is not a3G set ,it does not support 3G mobile tv,unnecessery wastage of money
Its good..i hav been using my nokia 6500s from 2 years...its got excellent camera..nice browser...the only drawback is the battery ...it ll be hardly 1day..
I've had this phone for 18 months now and have had no end of problems with it switching itself off. I constantly find myself checking the phone to see that it's still on to receive calls. Poor photo quality however one redeeming feature is Nokia's ease of use as always. Easy to find features.
my phone display not working i allready change lcd and strip allso butt its still not working . tell me any one what i do now wich ic have problem
I've had this phone for over a year now. I only use for for calling & texting, but have had to update the phoneware 3 times due to problems. wont send texts if you're holding the phone at the side and i send a lot. Battery lasts approx a day (has done for 6 months now). Never used internet as too slow to connect. Dont use bluetooth unless syncing with another phone which I may go back to. The backing case will not sit flush and oftens falls off...and this was recommended by T-Mobile. HTC here I come !!
any1 can give me the security code for 6500?i try ready 12345 and 00000.still cannot!!!!!!!!!!
if ur phone is freeziing . . .1st check the phone memory, make sure decent amount is available. . . or update your phones software . . .
this phone kind of freezes like 80% of the time can l get a solution to this, besides that l think its a great phone
Vivian, 10 Feb 2010Hi, Does anyone know how to switch of the camera sound Coz when you go to camera > Settings... morevivian.
you can switch off the camera sounds. select the [camera], [options], [settings], camera sounds], [off]. it works for me.
it does not recognise memory card.
the screen is giving me problems.it turns on and off.i cant even see who is calling.