to john: i'm sorry to say that ur bluetooth's adapter may be damaged again. It is a hardware problem bro, so i can't help u through these post. The best thing u can do to replace the phone if u have warrenty or u can go to nokia service center(those people r very unhelpful). Hope u the best.
thanks for the reply. but i have some more things bothering me,
why my blueooth isnt accessible. if i open it and turn it on the phone says unable to turn bluetooth on.
i have also done different type of resets and reformats such as *#7780#, *#7370#, and also the 3keys that you have mentioned but nothing works..
thanks in advance.
To badiuzzaman: hi man. Do u like sAMP? It's unlock key(not CD key) will only found in www.symbianplus.com from where u downloaded it. U have to put the id reference they and they will give u the unlock key. By the way r u bangladeshi mr.badiuzzaman?
It is toughguy to john : Hi bro,here are ur ans-
1. I think ur phon's memory is overloaded. U need free phon's memory to perform things faster. Here some tip's to free ur phone's memory :
a) u need to do a hard formate.
b) never install anything on phone's memory.
c) do not save pictures or recorded sound in phone's memory.
If u freeup ur phone's memory then i think ur camera's temporary overload problem will solved.
2&3. The gallery & file manager of 6600 & some other similar phone sucks. My 6600's gallery & file manager also hang or take lots of time to open. So i just stop using them. U should do the same. Ther r some great 3rd partie's filemanager software that can do the same functions as the 6600's gallery & file manager. Download & use them. As: Freeware named "Fileman".
4. Hard formate may will solve this.
5. Realone only play 3gp file's.It can't play mp4 or other file formates. U may use "smart movie" software.
6. Again i'm saying that hard formate may will solve this.
How to do hard formate?
Ans: 1. At first make sure ur phone's battery is full.
2. Switch off ur phone.
3. Press simultiniously and in exat order the following buttons of ur phone- "green call button"+"* button"+"3 button" then switch on ur phone while holding these buttons. U will see formating is going on. Never in any circumstance interrupt this formating process or u will lose ur phone. Before formating u have to make backup of every thing in ur phone or u will lose them. After hard formatting ur phon's memory formate ur mmc. Then u will get a complete new phone just like u bought it now.
Any one having same problems can do the hard formate.
>512rsmmc is compatible in 6600. >do not remove ur mmc too often. >do not use rsmmc as pendrive. Because in internet there r many visus and malware that can damage ur phone & mmc. >follow these rules & u will have a wonderfull mobile experience with 6600. >if u find it very hard to do hard formate go to technician they will do the same thing & will take away ur money. So better try ur self safely. If any one have any question just ask me here or email me.Bye all.
This is a good phone,i ve used it fro years with no problem,it falls i pick,with no problem,but its tooooooooo heavy,u better buy this or forget about buying a phone.
Could you please send CD-key for Samp Music Player V1.00. Its ID reference is 8724.
Thanking you in advance
i love the design but not all of the features and performance. it sucks.
hello! i have learned that you are very knowledgeable in 6600s problems..
well, mine is having a serious problem.
1. when you shoot pictures, the camera says "temporary overload, continue?"
2. the gallery displays only the "opening files" phrase.
3. the file manager hangs too like gallery.
4. infrared doesnt stops when activated.
5. RealOne doesnt playing videos. and even recording.
6. Bluetooth isnt accessible!
I have asked a technician here and some say thaT it must be reformatted, while others say that the bluetoth IC is the problem. I have replaced it with a working bluetooth IC but after a couple of weeks same problems arise.
I am using a 512Mb rsmmc? is it compatible with the device 6600?
i also often removing the memory card because i am fond of downloading huge files through a card reader, does it matter too?
i am waiting for your reply to help me regarding this matter.
thanks in advance..
Apologies. Please ignore the post below, was reading previous posts with my eyes closed!
01. To no name : 6600 can store about 300 pictures in its phone memory but hey don't u have mmc? Yes it can play mp3 stored in mmc & it support 1GB MMC also.
02. Browser for html : go at wap.getjar.com and download opera mini. By opera mini u will have the full internet experience in your 6600. Hey u can also download different softwares from wap.getjar.com.
03. To krazi trini : you can play mp3 in 6600 but u have to install a mp3 playes for that, because 6600 don't have it's own mp3 player. Go to http://www.symbianplus.com and download sAMP mp3 player for free but u have to request the unlock code at that site that's all. Or u can use other pay mp3 player soft too.
04. To shishir : Ho vai amio apnar sathe acmot(Bangali lenguage).
05. Link for softwares of mobile : http://wap.getjar.com (for all kinds of softwares ), http://plusmo.com/c (for live cricket scoring software), http://www.symbianplus.com (for free nice mp3 player).
Hope above links will help you all. Goodbye all 6600 users. We all enjoing the Nokia 6600. (If any one have any questions just email me. I have a great deal of knowledge about 6600 and other symbian phones & i want to help others for free ! )
how many pictures can the phone store with its own memory? (not including the MMC Card)
great phone, thinking of getting it soon.
can this play mp3's stored on the memory card? can i buy a 1 GB MMC card for this?
Haaaay.... antok na ako, gus2 ko pa makipag kantutan kesa magka phone noh....
i m using dis fone for about more then 2 years really kool,solid like a rock fone,i have ever seen by nokia.ya its true that it is slow n bulky but who cares.dis fone has 1 drawback that i plays only mono sounds not mp3.i will suggest nokia to introduce its new version with sterio radio,mega pixel camera n most of all mp3 support.......no doubt it will hit da market as i m a student of M.B.A AND I KNOWS........WE ALL KNOW THAT 6600 WAS DA HOT CAKE IN PAST N STILL IN USE.........NOKIA THINK BOUT MY SUGGESTION.........
I have own this for 2 years, Very good equipment, The only fault is it plays only mono sounds (No stereo)
I think,this is the best set of this company,ever i see.Kajey sobay kino!