Got another question.Can you heare a little buzz when the lights from the keyboard are active?The keyboard under the display?Stick your ear next to the keyboard and listen very carefully otherwise,you won't hear a thing.Is that buzz normal?
Nokia Mobile Phones Service Bulletin No.
New features made to MCU SW v5.04.07
* AD-15 audio adapter support added.
* Browser cache cleared every time when exit from browser.
* Change of manual NW selection when ePLMN is used.
* Better preset eq value introduced for unknown headsets.
* MP3 filename length support increased to 256 characters.
* Default year in startup changed from 2005 to 2006.
SIM / USAT
* FPLMN list updated on USIM.
* Axalto USIM card detection improved.
* FDN activation and deactivation with Axalto USIM card improved.
* SMS sending from Gemplus SIMATK improved.
* Problem to access menu with certain SIM cards corrected.
* Phone reset with certain SIM and SMS combination corrected.
* SIMATK accessibility improved with some Oberthur SIM cards.
* SMS sending from Gemplus SIMATK improved.
Audio and Video
* Camera tone cannot be heard in silent mode.
* Video frame rate improved in Night mode.
* Unknown Hi-fi headset default volume decreased.
* 3gp file recognition from header (extension independent recognition) improved.
* Video player stability improved when playing invalid MP4 file.
* Sound quality of music track is no longer affected by camera shooting.
* Improved handling of large web pages when rendering them using ?By quality? option.
* Handling of unescaped # character in web page improved.
* General Browser stability improved.
* MMS editor handling better DRM protected audio files.
* Improvement to handling video contained MMS.
* Corrected icon when message store in MMC.
* Mailbox capability to handle lot of POP mails improved.
* New mail indications improved. No more false indications.
* Improved functionality with MMS messages received via email, containing only image, from reference phone.
* Fixed phone freeze problem with some T9 combinations.
* General T9 behavior improved.
* Receiving problem with DRM protected MMS fixed.
* Changed the handling of
tags in order to remove unwanted linefeeds.
* Improvements to Hebrew character handling in email.
* Improved SMS creation from web link having Scandinavian characters.
* Delivery report timestamp functionality improved in case selected country doesn?t have full hours GMT offset.
* SMS and Video call alert tones both played, if received at the same time.
* Video Call initialization phase robustness improved.
* Phone reset problem with Motorola BT headsets fixed.
* BT car kit connectivity improved.
* Bluetooth pairing interoperability improved.
* Improvements to backup restore function with DRM protected files.
* Showing ID3v2 tags when user checks music file details via media gallery improved. Content of "composer" field is shown if available and if "artist" field is empty.
* Playing 3gp file with only voice on the first page has been improved.
* MediaGallery accesses to MMC improved.
* Handling of corrupted jpeg files improved.
* RTSP Teardown now sent after streaming is stopped.
* Phone reset problem during video sharing initialization corrected.
* Improved functionality of making a shortcut out of converter.
* Improved handling of Offline ?profile.
* Improvement to memory handling in gallery related to DRM protected files.
* Improved memory handling in DRM Rights Server and DRM Rights Database.
* Operator certificate bindings updated.
* Logs GPRS counter clearing improved in certain situations.
* Operator name list updated.
* Snooze option disappearing problem corrected.
* Removed possibility to change profiles when SIM not inserted.
* MAP service UnstructeredSSNotify functionality improved.
* Network connection failure not shown anymore after using PUK code.
* USSD message not cleared automatically anymore after automatic acknowledge sent to network.
* Current consumption behavior improved in idle mode.
* PDP context creation handling improved in case maximum PDP context amount reached.
* Calendar tone can be set to off.
* Improved vibra functionality when playing ringing tones in settings preview mode.
* Radio Bearer / Functionality
* Added support for Network error code "00011010 Insufficient Resources" in networks that doesn?t support multiple PDP context.
* GMS network selection improved in case GERAN is preferred.
* Voice and video call success rate improved.
I think that nokia 6680 is among the best that Nokia could do.Besides the camera,it's better than N70,N90,bla,bla,bla.Anyway,could someone tell me:Is Nokia the best phonebuilder?If not,Who is then?Is Motorola V3X better than N6680?Answer please.Thank you very much!!!
hey very smart indeed, just that u can't wear a/thing while in possesion of this handset....but it's very smart i must say.....
dude` .... try www.iphone-forum.org. There u can fiind anything for your phone...
*#7780# - Reset to original settings
*#7370# - Soft format - resets all the telefone Memory (like Formatting a disk :-)
Leo, i know the problem already. I try it on my brother's computer and it works fine! I think the problem is my PC, not about the cable and the phone. However thanks a lot for your help along the way. But i still have a final question. I dont know why i cant read inbox messages when I press the confirmation button. I try another way by pressing options, then open, but still nothings happen. Can you help me on this? But just for inbox only, I still can receive and read the incoming message.
is there any way i can get wifi card on Nokia 6680 or install and other hardware ot get wifi
how do I upgrade my firmware to the latest version? Can I also change the fonts? Please help =)
I just bought my wife a N6680 last week and boy!actually my wife wasn't that crazy over gadgets and stuffs... fact is, she prefer to have those small, sleek (well of course w/ a camera) type mobile..that way she cud easily slip it in to her purse or pocket but still have the ability to use camera..but when 3G came...I bought her one, well 3G cud come in handy especially nowadays...at first she's disgusted with the size of it (well compare to 6230i w/c she had)..but when she learned all it's features..especially 3G! wow! my son now have his 6230i..isn't that great?..well of course 6680 is almost the same as N70 which I have!! hehehe!
What do you mean by automatic keyguard? is it autolock keypad? if i am correct, this phone doesn't have this function. So, using third-party application such as Autolock, Keylocker,...etc will solve the problem (try google search and download them). For the internet, contact your service provider and also check your pakage data connection setting under Tools/Settings/Connection
Zeeshan, I think restore your phone will solve this problem.
Hope this help, guys!
i bought this set last night!!
when ever i save a new contact a white line appears on the screen!!
any one know the solution?
how to got 6680 d player, the surface is just like n70 such as ultramp3
i just got this phone and i am having a problem locating the automatic keyguard funtion. please help! i am also having problems connecting to the web, message: packet data connection not available ????? pls help guys, tx!
hello.i owned this phone about a year already.But just 2-3 months ago i'm having problem with dialing continously.let say i call one person and finish the call,i can't call again using dail key or any other way except the speed dial.i need to restart my phone and only after that i could call other number.does anybody else facing the same problem?is there any way that i could overcome this problem?
its a very good phone but how can y see video clips or movies. what program y need. plees help me.
is the screen for 6680 same as 6270 in terms of their size? or 6270 slighly bigger?
Anyone can let me know where can download cracked version resco photo viewer.
I dont think the cable was damaged because if it is you could not connect the phone to computer. In my opinion, either something wrong with the PC Suit, or phone's soft or Firmware's bug.
Have you tried to install applications or theme to the phone yet? if you havent, download some then try to install them to memory card location. Ask your friends and borrow the Card Reader if you could, then test with it.
You can reset the phone to manufacture's setting(deep reset/format, code *#7370#) or just restore using *#7780#. Note: If you do deep reset, all the stuff you have in your memory like pix, apps will be gone so make sure to back up before doing it.
You can format the memory card too, AGAIN, back up before doing so. By the way, What firmware version your phone have ? Just in case you dont know how to check, enter the code *#0000# (latest fw is v5.04.07)
Finally, let me know how is going!
I am glad to hear it man!