i have noticed that you have been really helpful...and i'm here to invite you to www.symbianx.com (if you don't know about it yet)..you can get tons of software then u could ever imagine...b2rete is already a member there :)
thanks a lot gwapz i am buying n70 tommorrow i have alredy made my choice anyway thanks a lot hope i won regret.......haha
>>mmmm @ gwapz,
i think it's much better for you to flash the phone. some of the datas or files like the apps registration and other attachments remains in the main unit memory after reformatting (press *#7370#)it. notice when checking the actual phone memory in use after you reformat the unit...if it is less than 6 or 8mb, then that's the time that you must be alerted...it is caused by some bugs that can not be removed by just reformatting...and those bugs are caused by some cracked or illegal applications.
mpeg4 direct maker is a pc apps designed to create mp4 videos.
for the firmware,e-mail, call or go to the nearest nokia service center in your area.
This is for Mmmm
Does websites are awesome right? hehehe.. Im glad you like em..
Well as for your problem you can do these..
1. Kill Apps.. Ever heard of that? Ok when you close an application it doesn't mean its totally close.. It could still be running. Nokia does that to go back to the apps you close faster.. So that you don't have to load the apps again.. because like I said it could be still running.. That is why sometimes you get a weird msg saying Low in memory, but nothing is open..
Ok to closed does open apps this is what you do.. if you are in the stand by screen.. press the menu button and don't let go until something pop up on the upper left side of the screen, On each apps that are open click C, it will prompt you if you wanna close the apps, click yes.. the only apps you cannot close is the phone..
2. Yes!! Reformatt the phone.. It will go back to factory default.. Like new!! If you haven't did this.. Go to menu-tools-settings-phone-general-Orig-Phon.
and your default password is 12345
3. Yes you can delete apps also.. Im sure you know how to do that right?
4. Flashing the phone is the same as firmware update.. its similar to reformatting the phone.
5. When you open big file or apps.. Stay with the speed phase of the phone.. to prevent it from freezing, Smartphones are also mini computers.
Make sure create back up for your phone, in order to save the stuff that are installed in your phone. I mean personal stuff!
I hope this helps.. If you have more question just email me.
For : gwapz
I just checked the websites that you mentioned earlier - man they are loaded with goodies.
Thanks for that.
For : gwapz and the gang
Q1. How we can refresh the phone?
I mean to ask that let say we got ton of Nokia and 3rd Party software installed, some are working and some are not - the phone has really slowed down due to all that. So how we will refresh the phone so it can start running fast like it is new phone?
a. 100% format the memory card?
b. delete all the software?
c. flash the phone?
d. anything else?
This is for NokSeLover
What does the Mpeg4 Direct Maker really do?
Is it a player that you install to your phone? PC software to make MP4?
What is it?? Can somebody tell me.
Kooolll gadget i am using this Koool Gadget
about 10 days with 1gb rs-dvmmc. mp3,video,games,themes,3rd party softwares all
are kool i thought mp3 is not kool
but when i use this koool gadget with standard headset its woooow quality is superb in video too itss kooooooollllll.
2 watch quality videos u should have "Mpeg4 Direct Maker" with full virsion u can find the key in google search soft is kooooool 2
try this soft for koooool quality videos byee have fun with 6680 like me its kooooool
This is for Mmmm
Thank you for respecting my comments
Well here goes your request..
Does are the only sites I know.. They are FREE!
And as for the firmware.. No you cannot upgrade your firmware through the website, I think what you saw was a patch..
Well were gonna see what b2rete gonna say about this.
FOR : gwapz & b2rete (gurus of nokia)
Can you both tell me about few good websites from where I can download software of different type for Nokia 6680?
(is it possible to get free software for Nokia 6680?)
Also if I am not wrong then you can download the Nokia FIRMWARE from Nokia's website and can do the upgrade by yourself - I have seen the new firmware download option in one of the Nokia's pages (dont remember if it was Nokia US or EU or Asia).
This is for b2rete
Ok I will take that advice..
I have another question.. Hopefully you give me your opinion.
You think in my situation, its worth a gamble upgrading my firmware to the latest? even do Im not experiencing any errors?
try the nokia service center for free. its far out from my place that's why i've tried to look for a phone technician (you can find one in any celfone stores, just ask) which costs me around $5.50 and the process took for about 15 minutes only.
now i'm bugs free!
This is for b2rete
Ok very nice.. I like that.. Thank you!!
Now for my 1st question... You know I posted that Im happy with my firmware.. I don't know if I wanna take a gamble.. but what the new firmware I see, offers more..
So how and where did you get the firmware update?
Im really excited to know..
bought mine Finland made, version 2.04.14 before. i've experienced lag/hang/freeze in opening huge files (pictures). the gallery is also too slow to open that's why i've upgraded my unit to v4.04.07 and the benefits are:
- When a *#0000# is entered from the keypad, phone displays the software
version and product ID in a new way.
- 7-bit/Unicode character counter support for SMS.
- Upper case letters enabled in Phonebook edit label.
- FDN - GPRS connections now allowed with *99# when added to FDN list
-open files much faster now
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW v3.04.37 to v4.04.07(got this from some forum):
- Also DRM unprotected files can be set to ringing tones (if that is
defined in the variant).
- Improvements to BT connection handling (e.g. for carkit connection
and deactivating BT device).
- Improved performance for loading big pages.
- Handling selection boxes in WAP browser improved.
- Optimised functionality if the request contains an empty If-Modified-
- Improvements to show some links & texts correctly in certain web
- Browser multiple PDP contexts handling improved.
- Displaying Chinese text with punctuation marks improved.
- Several other browser improvements.
- Colour balance of flash improved, less yellow in pictures.
- MediaGallery MMC FAT usage improved.
- Media gallery handling of metadata in case of all kind of files
changed. ID3v2 tags are shown when user checks music file details
via media gallery.
- Handling of spesific large and progressive JPEG images improved.
- Corrupted file icon now displayed if there is not enough memory to
- Interoperability improved to handle spesific MMS’s received from
other manufacturers’ phones.
- Improved Chinese input usage when editing settings.
- Functionality improved with push email client(s), which are using also
calendar updates. Now changes to PC calendar are observed and
transferred to phone calendar.
- MMS Slideshow is correctly played when .3gp file with audio only is
- Improved performance for displaying the image, when focus is in a
contact, which has a thumbnail image
- When streaming is paused, correct method to server is sent and
streaming resumes from right place.
- Handling of RAM-files with multiple streaming links improved.
- Playback of 3gp amr wb audio with improved
- Automatic redial improved.
- Improvements regarding different telecommunication switchboards.
- Error note now displayed if call setup is unsuccessful in spesific
- Video Sharing
- Improvements to Video Sharing application.
- Video Telephony
- Reserved amount of RAM increased for video call to improve VT Call
releasing & ending.
- Always on PDP context is not tried to be activated if Dial-up connection is
- FTP upload stability with USB cable improved.
- MMC durability improvement, Video recorder writes data to MMC in
bigger blocks, causing less unnecessary FAT accesses.
- Improved functionality with Chinese characters in MMC names.
- Functionality improved, when changing from SIM card to another.
- Improved functionality with certain SIM cards and SIM phonebook.
- IMEISV sent to network changed to 18.
- Automatic access point settings updated for some operators.
* no need for you upgrade your firmware to change your fonts
* you can change the fonts unlike the latest 60 series fones like n70
* n70 has a new firmware now but some of the bugs are still there
* remove the mmc in your fone, upgrade the firmware and make sure you already have a back-up copy of your files on your pc. once done, your fone is back to its original settings, therefore, delete all files in your mmc, reformat it and then insert it back to your fone then reinstall all the applications you want.copy/paste huge files with the use of a mmc reader.
hope that helps!
* reformatting your mmc with some applications installed in it will damage the mmc. therefore, you have to delete it first.
The best firmware is the
V 2.04.14 this is what came in my 6680 Finland..
Never experience problems!! No errors.. I even have bunch of applications on my phone and the phone's speed is still superb..
Woww.. can't complain about it.. Im not even thinking of any Firmware Update..
Im staying with this firmware! that's it!!
much more??? come on!! The only advantage of the N70 that 6680 doesn't have is 2MP camera and the FM radio.. but as software wise their the same.. N70 is just a marketing strategy..
So called the special N-Series.. which separates itself from other Nokia phones..
They have the same UI..
xiao vin im answering your question... about what you said..N70 is much better than 6680 but if you looking for cheaper alternative this is the ultimate solution.Cause it really does look identical to the n70 but feature wise n70 is much more better.im not trying to condemn the phone or anything just that that's the real fact.Hope this answers your question.
my phone's version is the same as yours but I will have it upgraded because the font is small. If you are already comfortable with your phone why bother to change. Let's hear from b2rete's opinion.
how r u buddy long time no mail???
hey u said u upgrade the version rite now mine is 3.04.12 i wana know wat will b the benefit of doin tht as i beleave tht original is best n 1 shud not play with original stuff so i wana know if there is any harm tht i can hav while upgrading?
n will they hav 2 format mmc 4 upgrading?
thnx n waitin 4 ur mail as well ;-)