bought mine Finland made, version 2.04.14 before. i've experienced lag/hang/freeze in opening huge files (pictures). the gallery is also too slow to open that's why i've upgraded my unit to v4.04.07 and the benefits are:
- When a *#0000# is entered from the keypad, phone displays the software
version and product ID in a new way.
- 7-bit/Unicode character counter support for SMS.
- Upper case letters enabled in Phonebook edit label.
- FDN - GPRS connections now allowed with *99# when added to FDN list
-open files much faster now
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW v3.04.37 to v4.04.07(got this from some forum):
- Also DRM unprotected files can be set to ringing tones (if that is
defined in the variant).
- Improvements to BT connection handling (e.g. for carkit connection
and deactivating BT device).
- Improved performance for loading big pages.
- Handling selection boxes in WAP browser improved.
- Optimised functionality if the request contains an empty If-Modified-
- Improvements to show some links & texts correctly in certain web
- Browser multiple PDP contexts handling improved.
- Displaying Chinese text with punctuation marks improved.
- Several other browser improvements.
- Colour balance of flash improved, less yellow in pictures.
- MediaGallery MMC FAT usage improved.
- Media gallery handling of metadata in case of all kind of files
changed. ID3v2 tags are shown when user checks music file details
via media gallery.
- Handling of spesific large and progressive JPEG images improved.
- Corrupted file icon now displayed if there is not enough memory to
- Interoperability improved to handle spesific MMS’s received from
other manufacturers’ phones.
- Improved Chinese input usage when editing settings.
- Functionality improved with push email client(s), which are using also
calendar updates. Now changes to PC calendar are observed and
transferred to phone calendar.
- MMS Slideshow is correctly played when .3gp file with audio only is
- Improved performance for displaying the image, when focus is in a
contact, which has a thumbnail image
- When streaming is paused, correct method to server is sent and
streaming resumes from right place.
- Handling of RAM-files with multiple streaming links improved.
- Playback of 3gp amr wb audio with improved
- Automatic redial improved.
- Improvements regarding different telecommunication switchboards.
- Error note now displayed if call setup is unsuccessful in spesific
- Video Sharing
- Improvements to Video Sharing application.
- Video Telephony
- Reserved amount of RAM increased for video call to improve VT Call
releasing & ending.
- Always on PDP context is not tried to be activated if Dial-up connection is
- FTP upload stability with USB cable improved.
- MMC durability improvement, Video recorder writes data to MMC in
bigger blocks, causing less unnecessary FAT accesses.
- Improved functionality with Chinese characters in MMC names.
- Functionality improved, when changing from SIM card to another.
- Improved functionality with certain SIM cards and SIM phonebook.
- IMEISV sent to network changed to 18.
- Automatic access point settings updated for some operators.
* no need for you upgrade your firmware to change your fonts
* you can change the fonts unlike the latest 60 series fones like n70
* n70 has a new firmware now but some of the bugs are still there
* remove the mmc in your fone, upgrade the firmware and make sure you already have a back-up copy of your files on your pc. once done, your fone is back to its original settings, therefore, delete all files in your mmc, reformat it and then insert it back to your fone then reinstall all the applications you want.copy/paste huge files with the use of a mmc reader.
hope that helps!
* reformatting your mmc with some applications installed in it will damage the mmc. therefore, you have to delete it first.
The best firmware is the
V 2.04.14 this is what came in my 6680 Finland..
Never experience problems!! No errors.. I even have bunch of applications on my phone and the phone's speed is still superb..
Woww.. can't complain about it.. Im not even thinking of any Firmware Update..
Im staying with this firmware! that's it!!
much more??? come on!! The only advantage of the N70 that 6680 doesn't have is 2MP camera and the FM radio.. but as software wise their the same.. N70 is just a marketing strategy..
So called the special N-Series.. which separates itself from other Nokia phones..
They have the same UI..
xiao vin im answering your question... about what you said..N70 is much better than 6680 but if you looking for cheaper alternative this is the ultimate solution.Cause it really does look identical to the n70 but feature wise n70 is much more better.im not trying to condemn the phone or anything just that that's the real fact.Hope this answers your question.
my phone's version is the same as yours but I will have it upgraded because the font is small. If you are already comfortable with your phone why bother to change. Let's hear from b2rete's opinion.
how r u buddy long time no mail???
hey u said u upgrade the version rite now mine is 3.04.12 i wana know wat will b the benefit of doin tht as i beleave tht original is best n 1 shud not play with original stuff so i wana know if there is any harm tht i can hav while upgrading?
n will they hav 2 format mmc 4 upgrading?
thnx n waitin 4 ur mail as well ;-)
that was cool & very much appreciated. I knew that my phone's version is old and I already checked w/ Nokia Care and they will change/reformat (i dont know if this is the right term) and include the font. Finally, my problem will be solved. Thanks to you.
Well said b2rete. Well said..
This people are lazy!! They don't wanna read!
all nokia users:
when you can't open the create message or SYSTEM ERROR appears while using the camera, try to decongest your phone memory by deleting or transferring your files from the internal/main unit to the mmc or go to LOG (by pressing the GREEN keypad for 2 seconds))and delete all missed,received or dialled numbers.
of course you can change the fonts...i'm changing my fonts anytime i want without the use of a pc.i have 9 fonts to choose from,saved in 512mmc.
the front camera is being used for 3G services...try reading some sites about it to update yourself.
try transferring files with the use of a mmc reader, it's much faster and safer. doing it by using bluetooth or nokia pc suite would easily damage your mmc...that is for large files only.
Read before you post. Search before you post. There is a big chance that your question is already answered
hope that helps!
i've bought one just recently and i would like to know where to get some games and software for it...for free i mean..i never pay for this kind of services..who can help me please just send an e-mail with the links...thanks...oh..and another thing...what is the largest card i can buy for my phone.
It will be really awsome if you guys can tell me few very good websites from where I can download the software (applications + games + tunes + etc).
Since I have no previous experience related to such websites and cellphone software so I really dont want to endup on websites that got bugged software full of viruses.
By the way are there any free radio software for 6680? I am asking this question because 6680 dont have a radio application.
Blind user and find NK6680 fine to use with Nuance Talks app loaded. Any one tell me why the Nokia Browser from my PC over USB cable or blue tooth crashes when I try exploring the MMC card in the NK? It checks fine in a card reader and the unit works fine. The browser crash hangs my PC and I'm using IE 6.
This is for valy
What the hell are talkin about? Are you high? or in medication while typing this question?
Because your not making any sense..
The phone is Symbian OS, and it takes RS DV MMC! up to 1GB i think.
The phone is not worth the price..It does not even look good and it is so expensive..shee..dont know why people buy it..and who uses a camera on the front as well as back..yuk!
hello please help i want to bye a 6680 whit a 512 memory card . i hard that you cant do that because it hasent got symbian on it and the phone system will be breacked.. whow can i put symbyan on the new card.. or.. the phone has symbian on it and i simply have to replace the card ?? please help
i can't get through to your e-mail ad (email@example.com). use or create a yahoo account for my reply.
i'm using my 6680 for 7 months and 6 days and still working great with kingston 512 mmc on board.
to avoid the bugs, go to the nearest phone technician or nokia service center and ask for free firmware upgrade...the latest is version 4.04.07. you may check the version of your unit by pressing *#0000#
for the FREE DOWNLOADABLE tons of softwares, just follow the links previously posted here...somewhere on page....just search,ok?
Hi I was wondeing if anyone could help me?
I just got this fone and i was wondering where on the memory card do you store games and applications when getting the off your computer?
Any help could you email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org