Can anyone pls info me about the PDF file reader and DOC file reader in 6680??? Is is biltin with the 6680 and does it work properly???
i had took some photo but the phone write the msg. that the memory is full close some applications then try again how can i do it thanx.
great fone. very good screen. pls help me learn how to use gps. also, can i connect with gb micro.
Hi,just bought the phone and really impressed-except one problem, i downloaded an 'actual tune' from wap and saved in it my gallery (tracks), however when trying to save it as a ringtone it wont let me,it only says 'unable to select,object can only be viewed'? can anyone help por know whats happning?
Why is this phone more expensive than the N70? It's not as good and it's older too... Am I missing something?
hi i want to put a password to lock the extra mamory.i dont find the setting yet, can anybody know to help me.thanks
it is indeed a great phone, although it needs to really be secure all the time. Meaning you always have to be careful to not drop it or keep it with other devices that may interfere with its functions. beware of viruses. it happened t me and then the system of my phone started to be busted eversince that time. i got rid of it that time. besides, its hard and expensive to get a new housing for this phone here in the Philippines. Better check too if u can use all the features like the @way video call.. coz in some countries, it aint offered yet... with regards to the size, if you are a girl, its advisable to get a smaller phone, but for businessmen and the like, i think this is one phone you'l love... but to those who are just looking for style and a fashionable phone, its not advisable to get this one. but out of 5 stars, im giving this phone a four ****...
Is it possible to get the text larger? Also I haven't managed to get text on all capitals! Can anyone help?
* Also DRM unprotected files can be set to ringing tones (if that is defined in the variant).
* Improvements to BT connection handling (e.g. for carkit connection and deactivating BT device).
* Improved performance for loading big pages.
* Handling selection boxes in WAP browser improved.
* Optimised functionality if the request contains an empty If-Modified-Since header.
* Improvements to show some links & texts correctly in certain webpages.
* Browser multiple PDP contexts handling improved.
* Displaying Chinese text with punctuation marks improved.
* Several other browser improvements.
* Colour balance of flash improved, less yellow in pictures.
* MediaGallery MMC FAT usage improved.
* Media gallery handling of metadata in case of all kind of files changed. ID3v2 tags are shown when user checks music file details via media gallery.
* Handling of spesific large and progressive JPEG images improved.
* Corrupted file icon now displayed if there is not enough memory to open image.
* Interoperability improved to handle spesific MMS’s received from other manufacturers’ phones.
* Improved Chinese input usage when editing settings.
* Functionality improved with push email client(s), which are using also calendar updates. Now changes to PC calendar are observed and transferred to phone calendar.
* MMS Slideshow is correctly played when .3gp file with audio only is inserted.
* Improved performance for displaying the image, when focus is in a contact, which has a thumbnail image
* When streaming is paused, correct method to server is sent and streaming resumes from right place.
* Handling of RAM-files with multiple streaming links improved.
* Playback of 3gp amr wb audio with improved
* Automatic redial improved.
* Improvements regarding different telecommunication switchboards.
* Error note now displayed if call setup is unsuccessful in spesific signalling stage.
* Improvements to Video Sharing application.
* Reserved amount of RAM increased for video call to improve VT Call releasing & ending.
* Always on PDP context is not tried to be activated if Dial-up connection is active.
* FTP upload stability with USB cable improved.
* MMC durability improvement, Video recorder writes data to MMC in bigger blocks, causing less unnecessary FAT accesses.
* Improved functionality with Chinese characters in MMC names.
* Functionality improved, when changing from SIM card to another.
* Improved functionality with certain SIM cards and SIM phonebook.
* IMEISV sent to network changed to 18.
* Automatic access point settings updated for some operators.
I brought this phone 1week back and im quite impresed by its looks and its features but yes regarding the keypad it should had given the automatic keypad look function but overall its a good phone im planning to keep it for more thn 1 year if it does nt create problems later on. But I think it wnt create anyproblems later on by its present functioning capabilities. All its features are excellent. thanks to NOKIA for giving its consumer's real quality products.
very nice phone! actually it's almost like my first pc :) 220 mhz processor, 20 mb of RAM... very close to a pentium 1 pc with 32 mbRAM. it's also a very useful tool to cheat on exams, just free the mmc (64 supplied) and fill it with lessons (*.jpg, *.doc, *.xls) and start writing on the exam sheets :D lucky me!
Hi, I have a friend that's bought Nokia 6680 and he has a problem.
Each time he plugs in the data cable he gets the “the power level for this hub has been exceeded” message or the computer resets instantly.
Is it possible that a short on the data cable exists? Has anyone encountered this?
did anyone menaged to make nokia 6680 work on bluetooth with notebook (I have MSI bluetooth dongle, old version driver works with PC suite, new version goes to internet)
maybe there is something wrong with your tone. have you checked your phone or mmc available space? it is adviseable to save any datas or apps in the mmc and not internal/fone.
wether k750,k750i,w800(bad mono speakers, small fonts,limited apps,save 15 to 20 msgs only on sim card and not in the mmc, you can't hide important datas,etc.)...n6680 really outshine them all.
however, i've been waiting for the arrival of p990. i think this one is also good despite its huge design.
yeah! the price of this unit is going down and down in anticipation for the release of the N series. this way, they have enough mark-up value for customers swapping/trading their units.