I am planning to buy this phone. My need is only to recieve fax in my mobile. Is this a right choice. Do you have other mobiles which can recieve fax. Please mail me guys and gals in email@example.com
i bought this phone 2 days back.its a complete wastage of money.
1. camera is bad
2. touch screen is not good as other touchscreen phones
3. the stylus tip is very thick so it is very difficult to tap on the right place(specially when writing sms on keyboard)
4. the hand writing recoganisation is also bad and takes a lot of time identifing what is written
5. no scrol button on side
6. very slow processing speed
buy at ur own risk
Does this phone have Call Barring? Meaning.. can i bar a particular number from calling me?
it's no surprise that this phone get mixed comments, both good & bad. it just really depends on what features you need before purchasing a phone.
to those concerned, here are some answers to your questions about this phone, which i bought 3 weeks ago:
1. KEYPAD - can't be used for composing SMS and for inputting texts in documents. you can either maximize the use of "handwriting recognition" feature, or use the virtual keyboard that can be displayed on screen. this keyboard is in the qwerty format so it's easy. the only trouble with composing SMS is when you do it in a moving vehicle since you have to use both of your hands.
2. CAMERA - it's poor compared to 2 megapixels or higher of other phones since this unit only has 1.3 megapixels. for you to get the best quality photos, you have to use the biggest image resolution of the phone. note: there's no built in flash. the camera relies on the lighting conditions of the environment.
3. NAVIGATION - it's very easy. honestly, i have been a nokia user for 10 years already. the only adjustment you'll do when you get this phone is the use of stylus. there's no difficulty whatsover. anything can be accessed in the phone by ticking the screen with the stylus.
4. DOCUMENTS - i haven't really utilized the office software in the phone but i hav composed some word documents already which can be transferred to the PC. i believe one can transfer from PC to the phone & view word, excel and powerpoint files through the sync option of the PC suite of this unit using the USB cable.
Hi,I just went thru various comments on the 6708.i have just bought one and it is very good in most aspects.One answer i can sure give to all people having problems with the camera and other features is that just spend sometime with the manual and all the settings menus in various apps in the phone and it will work just fine.
Someone said this is very goed handset,the other said this is bad handset.
Someone said the camera is fantastic,the other said that the camera is poor.
what a confuse for me.
You can see the price in plemix.com.
I bought this phone a month ago...then i sold it...since the 1.3mp camera is very bad...
nokia6708-really quite a stupid phone esp.4sum1on the move.bad camera,good speed,bad connectivity to pc,good sound,functions start by themselves as your ear touches the screen while speaking on the phone,no scroll button on the side,very heavy,impossible to message with1hand,not very user friendly,it's a pain to switch on the speaker phone,you get better phones with more features at a lesser price.
This is sachin here
I found To be this Handset Cool,Handy,Very UserFreindly,no Trouble to the Fingers,jst use the joystick and their you r connected.
Abt the Camera Fantastic
over all Smart Handset for Smart People
I hear that we cannot type message with the keypad? Is that right? Thanks
i really want to avail this fone.but i dont know how much does it worth.and is the details posted here reliable?just asking....
Sometime back I had asked about how to use the Loudspeaker mode on call. Is it that nobody has tried it or do not know bout it at all?
Overall its an awesome phone. worth every penny. Am planning to get 512k stick.. Anyone has already? u can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
want to know more about this phone, guys pls help.
a) can you install new softward - like you can do in 6600.
b) howz the battery back-up .. with the useage of bluetooth.
pls genuine comments..pls.
By the look and features, it looks grt and I have a lot of friends who have used the P910 and P 910i .. the battery back-up is bad.. hence want to know before i go for it. Please reply .... thanks
I am planning to purchase this phone but dont know about it much. I want know that which file format this support. i want to check my word doc file, text file in it. is this possible in it? how is sound quality in it? I want to send/receive my emails, can i do with this? how is touch screen in it? how good is screen quality? how is navigation?
you can email me.
please guide me for this
If you are buying this phone for the camera, then please look elsewhere. The 1.3 Mpix camera is not somthing to talk about. However, the sound quality is fine. Overall a useful phone with good value for money features!
Between the SE M600 and this phone the M600 wins hands down.....M600 cheaper too right now.
hey can ne 1 tell me about this phones camera, and sound quality.I used to use a P910 untill it got stolen, so am considering buying this phone but am a bit sceptical as nokia can never match the sound and camera of a SonyEricsson.even the 0.3mp vga camera of p910 was reallllly crisp. for freewares i guess www.p800stuff.com softwares here should work as the os is symbian UIQ 7.0.
i already bought this phone.
so far, the performance is quite impressive. the virtual on-screen keyboard was there, so i don't have any problems composing SMS and inputting texts.
the interface is similar to O2 xda phones, so using nokia 6708 is a breeze.
i love this phone and i'm quite satisfied i decided to purchase it. :)
i want to know about its camera is it good and how is the phone in overall features. when is the price slash expected on 6708 plz mail me regarding my questions