should i buy this phone? this phone has everything that i'm looking for but only the missing autofocus makes me to think again the opsion of buying it
several flaws that i found in this device.
1- no autofocus camera
2. low screen resolution
3. email client can't download files which is more than 5mb in size
4. nokia browser is still not fluid enough. luckily, the opera mini saves the day
5. low in number of apps,especially dictionary. indeed, nokia did provides dictionary in this phone, but it is not concise enough for my daily life as a postgrad student
overall, for me, this phone is the most value-for-money compared to the other devices which come under the same price tag.
nokia 701 is a very good device, but it has not provided the facility of Fring call and chat on nokia ovi store for nokia 701. please provide this facility on nokia ovi store for nokia 701 immediately. Thanks
@everyone: Guys check on your 701 nokia store, is skype available now or it is removed from there?
i have searched it but there is no skype
I have this phone for 8 months now. Use it as my main phone as well as my main email client. Overall, the phone is a little wonder, probably on par with classics, it is too bad that Nokia didn't think its worth much bigger PR. It will probably retire as my favorite phone so far and I am not even a big Nokia fan.
- excellent screen. Great visibility, I can use it in bright sunshine. Also, typing on this screen is so easy and fast, my previous phone was a BlackBerry and I never looked back. I make less errors and type as fast or faster then on BB which I never thought possible.
- excellent body - way under-appreciated. Fits great in hand, feels very solid, excellent to hold and type in both portrait and landscape, with one or both hands. This phone is a pleasure to hold. I accidently dropped the phone a number of times, use it for over 6 months and there is still not a scratch that would make the phone look 'used'.
- true World phone. Everywhere I traveled, phone locked on networks and often held signal better then local phones.
- excellent camera. This thing is fast to start and a pleasure to use. It takes great photos, not the level of iPhone 4, Galaxy 2 or N8 but very competent camera. Videos are excellent too. Photos and videos are easy to share right out of the camera app.
- excellent sound. I use the phone as my MP3 player when running. It sounds better then my iPad.
- removable battery, Micro SD card. Until you have to send your laptop for a battery replacement, you won't know how annoying it is not to be able to replace a battery whenever you need to. As for adding memory, 701 comes with 8GB of user accessible memory PLUS a Micro SD slot. Excellent choice Nokia!
- good set of basic apps: GREAT phone book, calendar, photo gallery and video player; great file manager, if you're into learning Nokia's file system and moving, renaming deleting files. GOOD Maps program (possibly as good as Google Maps), good Music player, DECENT email client capable of checking multiple accounts, decent web browser, decent set of other other apps that may come handy (calculator, news readers, FM radio player, etc).
- fast charging and (Nokia) universal 2mm charger that is so easy to find anywhere one goes.
- software update from Belle to Anna was excellent. I run the Software Update program that came with the phone. It informed me that Anna was available and explained main reasons to update (optimized animations, improved home screen behavior, rising the processor clock to 1.3 GH, etc) and let me know that I should be plugged in while in the 30 minute upgrade process. All of my data was intact after the upgrade was completed and while the phone does not appear faster at all, it has definitely looked better as far as menues and animations go.
- price of this solid and lasting phone was less then half of what iPhone and Samsung equivalent was! That is a real good deal.
- despite Nokia claims, my phone has never lasted more then 3 days on a single charge and never more then a day and a half under moderate to heavy use. On average, I make one call every two days, have the phone automatically check email every 5 minutes, write about 20 short emails a day, write and receive about 15 SMSes a day, listen to about 30 minutes of music, download 3 to 10 web pages a day and don't use social networking at all. As you can see, I am probably a "low to moderate" kind of phone user so the battery life was a bit of a disappointment.
- contrary to GSM Arena Review, the web browser DOES NOT support text re-flow. It is hard to believe that Nokia does not have this as one of the top ToDo things to fix. Poor web browsing experience killed BlackBerry, why is this taking so long to fix?!
- the OS update disabled address book and calendar sync with Mac OS X that used to work like a charm. I am sure there is a fix somewhere for this but can't find the time to locate it.
- phone crashes sometimes and reboots on its own. It is not a big deal as it is rare and the reboot process takes only 30 seconds or so but I am sure it happens more often then with iPhone or Android phones.
- I am surprised that Nokia wouldn't create an app that combines email and SMS into a single inbox. BlackBerry did this so well and its a no brainer. Still... ?
- lack of apps. After Nokia decided to drop Symbian, it was certain that no developers will make apps for Belle or Anna. When I bought the phone, this didn't bother me much but now that everyone around me downloads and uses tons of useful apps, I wish there were some, at least basic ones for 701. But that will not change. Still, if you use your phone for calls, SMS, email and light web - this is a great phone.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii frd i am use for nokia c701 its batter good u are use for good licke
I am using nokia 701 supereb device, but it has not fring call & chat facility on nokia ovi store. Please provide. Thanks
Nokia 701 is a very excellent device, I continuously using this mobile since October 2011. Nokia have not provided Fring Call & Chat facility on OVI store. I request that this facility may be provided on nokia 701 / Nokia OVI store immediately. Thank
Anonymous, 29 Jun 2012how can i get free hd games for this phonesome of the hd games are free on nokia store. if u need more then u can visit n8fanclub.com
Sidra Yasir, 29 Jun 2012can we install skype in Nokia 701???yes. skype is available for free on nokia store. u can download it.
m.sadeck, 28 Jun 2012Exactly like any other phone ?Get portabl chager DC-16. It works great and it isnt that big to have in the pocket. :-)
Or a spare batery to have in thewallet. The battery is BL-5k.
i bought Nokia 701 on 31st december '11 and it has very poor sound volume.. According to me it is the only drawback in this phone.. But wait... One of my relative bought this phone on 5th may '12 and as i compared the sound quality of both the phones.. The later one had much louder sound.. So it seems that NOKIA has rectified the sound problem too for this phone.. And after the FP1 Update, it has got Dolby headphones too... So, in my opinion.. This is by far, the best phone under 20k range... Superb processor speed.. Smooth touch.. No compromise in speed when multitasking and lots more..
GO FOR IT GUYZ!!!!!!!