There is a serious issue with this phone.
It's my Hand's-on Experience.. :(
"With Two handsets (both 701)"
Symbian Belle, consist of a bug which breaks the Audio quality while listening to music or playing any game. After some time, it gets normal. Again, after some time the sound cracks....
I have personally spoken to NOKIA guys, they said it will be repaired on next software update...
Although nokia symbian os are geting lots of problm with thm they are giving very less performanc while connected to network nd mobile is getng switch off.
sony ericsson xperia neo is better than nokia 701 becoz nokia has only fixed focus but se has auto focus and many features available in se like mobile bravia engine gives pics and videos clearly
AnonD-3675, 01 Dec 2011nice review , I wanna know what is ur opinion about camera " photos & videos " i... moreHi RedFox!
My experience with the camera has been more on outdoor level and it has been mainly taking pics than actually taping videos plus, I'm no expert in photography tough I like it, anyways here's what I think:
- pics are ok for the lens 701 brings;
- video taping on outdoor is also nice;
When seeing the results on a hd tv you will be pleased!
@indoor: I think here there's nothing better than actually getting a proper photo camera!
- though if u take in small places already with some lights the pics aren't that bad, at least I don't find much "noise" on the pics ...
The lack of the auto focus is really something that u will really miss in case u like to take close up pics :)
Yeah well, these last versions of Symbian do not come enabled to you too setup SIP as the previous versions did, you need to install a package that Nokia itself provides that enables admin configurations.
What I meant with that was, you won't be able to use official Skype app as Skype hasn't yet released nor there's any indication they will but there's still this one app (IMO) that allows u to use Skype chat, this is better than nothing for the time being :)
I will take this opportunity to also let you guys know that I managed to get the usb on the go cable and it works quite fine, it allows you to copy data both ways, play music, video, etc from the storage device but be aware that ntfs file system is not supported.
Cheers and enjoy your new phone :)
AnonD-28448, 01 Dec 2011Guys...very soon m planning 2 buy dis phone..but i heard few ppl saying dat dis cell gets hang... moreApart form the user's review here, i prefer to get a more professional review too..
i got my question on the camera and the speaker volume from this guy named Steve
Prix, 01 Dec 2011Hi there, I'm using Nokia 701 since October and here's some opinions of mine, i will split it ... moreUnderrated phone Nokia 702 is.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Seems to be jolly good priced phone.
Even some of the comments are unprofessional, unethical.
Some of it are based on inexperience smartphone user who dont know that smartphone are different than feature phone. perhaps bad comment actually come from a person dont even bought this mobile.
Prix, 01 Dec 2011Hi there, I'm using Nokia 701 since October and here's some opinions of mine, i will split it ... morenice review , I wanna know what is ur opinion about camera " photos & videos " indoors , outdoors and in low light . you said something about nokia make some tricks with SIP and no official skype app " i did not get exactly what do you mean " so can you explain that .
Thanks and enjoy your 701 , I will have mine soon .
my 701 mobile is absorving hanging problum.when used network only and some time autometecaly swithed of also
my 701 mobile is absorving hanging problum.when used network only and some time autometecaly swithed of also
Hi there, I'm using Nokia 701 since October and here's some opinions of mine, i will split it into two different categories, HW & SW, first HW then:
- the unlock button is not as good as the previous models (e.g. Nokia N97 Mini);
- Totally agree with Gsmarena regarding the menu button, it may happen (loads!) that you end up touching the screen as well while pressing this button;
- Nothing to mention regarding the remaining buttons & inputs position;
- body quality is as expected for a Nokia phone, good but still not as solid as previous models (e.g. E66 or even N97 Mini)
- communications quality is as expected for a Nokia phone, very good (Even when you have a data connection on, the stability is quite good);
- Photo camera definitely lacks the auto-focus, though when this is not necessary the pics are 8mp worth of it (16:9);
- Video camera, this works just fine and it actually tapes in stereo;
- Screen, i would say it works quite fine (touch and brightness) and i might even say that is not better because of the OS...
- Autonomy with a data connection always on it won't last more than 1.5 days (e.g. using whatsapp, VoIP and other services)... still better than my previous experiences;
- Autonomy with occasional data connection, e.g. check e-mails/browse/chat times to times, play once in a while, listen a bit to music (or even transmit it), the autonomy increases a lot, it go up to 3 days.
Note: Both autonomies are subject to each persons use of course, in this input, Bluetooth and NFC is always off.
- Tv-Out works fine despite the poor cable availability (i had to buy a Philips one...) and also the video quality, since it's analogue the quality could clearly be much better;
- Usb on the go, unfortunately i don't have much to say since this accessory is not available in my country;
- NFC, i've tried to use this tech and my first experience wasn't as smooth i was expecting to be, i tried to unlock Angry Birds Free with Magic levels by touching other NFC enabled phones (Nokia 701 and N9) and it wasn't just by tapping as it is published, i actually had to have them touching a for a little while, and this was with the Nokia 701, with the N9 it didn't really work out... (there's a option on the menu which is if it should ask you before sending and i had to disable this option...)
- The ring quality is as published in this website, poor and it only has one speaker ...
- FM Transmitter works fine, sound quality ain't that bad, the volume is lower than regular FM radios transmission; Also,, it's a petty this solution can't be used as free hands on a car;
- DLNA (This is more SW than HW though in many equipments you may see this as a HW feature...), this is possible through still beta Nokia "Play to", it works quite fine, i've tried to a computer and a PS3 and when sharing with a PS3 for some reason the app doesn't detect PS3, you will have to go to connectivity settings and enable "Play To server"
- Wireless & BT, nothing to say, works fine plus it's the latest tech in the market (WiFi N & BT 3.0);
Now the SW, this handset comes with the latest version of Symbian, Belle! Here the opinions may vary from user to user but here you go:
- Maps ! This is something where Nokia is really ahead! Of course because they provide maps and navigation system for free but also because they are actually not that bad;
- the new pull-down status bar is really useful;
- The power saving mode is also interesting;
- No weather gadget! Nokia Maps brings a Weather app but it doesn't yet come with a gadget;
- The music player could be more user friendly, i still didn't manage to know how to perform a search ! In the landscape mode, when browsing the albums you can't select one; Despite these points, music quality is reasonable and the FM can actually be useful.
- Gaming and video playing is actually very good, the screen is really impressive and the GPU enables better gaming experiences; This mobile plays DivX and even MKV although as also mentioned in this website, not all sound codecs are supported. Using Tv-Out is also interesting as it enables you to watch films, gaming and even do normal mobile browsing on the TV; I noticed that when using tv-out feature, the video playing is done it full screen while the gaming and normal mobile browsing is not done using the whole screen...
- Possibility of enhancing BT services, Nokia is making available the Nokia BT Message Access Profile (MAP)
- DLNA is available as mentioned on the HW opinion.
- SIP was a built in feature now you need to install some extra packages to enable this, don't know why Nokia went behind on this ...
- Photo & Video built in editors are actually interesting.
- Photo & video UI could be better, sometimes when i have to press a few times to actually exit the app;
- E-Mail, it's amazing that there is no option to sync e-mail manually (you can say "none" on auto-retrieval but this is not enough because you will have to specify the schedule and frequency anyway...), this means if you setup an account the phone will sync the e-mail using the internet profile which may be your operator data service; You can't specify the number of e-mails you want to sync which is also a petty ...
- Keyboard, it happened already a few times where the keyboard actually crashed; It doesn't work fine with all apps; The QWERTY version does not fit well the screen though this depends on which language your actually using; The alpha keyboard works fine though the menu keys should be somewhere else and not at the bottom, but this comment is totally my perspective...
- SW sometimes did disable my phone to make calls, e.g. if you try to call using Whatsapp i experienced some complications making a call, i actually had to reboot the phone... this also happened once when don't know why, the phone was on and with network coverage signal ok but for some reason i wasn't receiving text messages nor calls, couldn't yet find out why nor i did experience this more than once ...
- Something happened to the "Log" option, now it's not possible to see your data connections details, don't know why...
- You can't find all apps (e.g. original Skype app) you may find for other platforms (e.g. Android) but still there's plenty of things here, you can still use the most popular apps, for example, Whatsapp, Nimbuzz, Skype (using IMO), Dropbox (cuteBox), Google Apps (Though they are stopping to update their products for Symbian), and plenty of other stuff is still popping out;
I have explore almost all Symbian versions and i must say this Belle is the best one, the only thing is it was released after Symbian end announcement...
I don't have much experience with other OS's, a bit with BlackBerry with which i was so not happy (OS 5.0, they are now at 7.0...), also a bit with Iphone and details like not being a multi-task by detault scared me but probably by now all have improved.
Its well known that Symbian will not last forever but from my point of view, it's still capable to do loads of things if not all.
Hope you liked my review.
yes , music is stereo , and regarding hanging problem , my phone hanged once , when i installed many apps from ovi store at a same time , but every mobile hangs atleast once in a while ,,,,, do u know , i was shocked 2 see my frnd android samsung galaxy s2 hanged with around 50 apps . and its dual core one too , u cant expect 2 be a perfect phone or 2 work like pc.
i have a nokia c7. Its the best, but the proccesor in 701 is better than c7, i like c7 design ,, my question is that amoled display better or tft ips??? I think amoled is better , every body has compare those displayes tell me which is better?,? Is 701 support DivX videos??
Guys...very soon m planning 2 buy dis phone..but i heard few ppl saying dat dis cell gets hanged in b/w and has few problems wit it....can any1 suggest me whether 2 buy dis or not ????reply needed ASAP...!!!thnx..!!!!
Hey guys! Do you know when do they plan to launch it in Moscow Russia? I would buy this one. It has nice specs of a top mid-range telephone set!