Oh and another minus:
the handwriting recognition... it is limited to character by character recognition, and so unless i spend a lot of time learning this... it is very slow to write anything...
It's a cool phone, but it has some flaws.
1. Very sharp display... while the hardware itself might not be too fancy, the UI is very slick and elegant.
2. GPRS and other things are now "plug and play", and don't require a lot of fiddling... it apparently asks the network for them.
3. Opera browser is excellent, and browsing the Web is terrific...
1. Operations can be very slow... opening an email will often take about 5 seconds. Not a long time, but given that I get about 300 emails daily, it IS a long time in total.
2. There should be more context-sensitive menus by pressing and holding down the stylus on the screen (like pocketpc)... it is annoying to constantly have to go to the little drop down and find the action I want to take.
3. For many applications, you can customize the 3 buttons that appear on the right-hand side... however, you can only customize them within a very small world of choices. IN the email app, you can only customize between 4 choices (things like "new email", "new sms", "delete"...)... there is no ability to add the most used task (for me) "send/receive email"... so I have to use the drop down and go and find this over and over.
4. No games. The version I have has no games on it.
I am in the USA and using this on tmobile's network...
To billy bob mac
This phone shoots video for very sure..The quality is not extremely good as compared to handycams...But is acceptable..the resolution is QCIF..
does anyone know if this fone shoots video and if it does for how long and is the qualitie good?
Remember the price if Nokia 9500 when it came..it was aroung 1500USD...but now see the the price..its around 840USD which is less than Nokia 7710...This itself proves the price indicated for 7710 is just a initial hike..and will come down very soon..since this phone is not officially launched by Nokia it is sold in a high end pricing by various dealers...
Then wat about the price tag of 635USD(500EURO) for this phone which was previously given by Nokia.I think surely the price will come down in 2 weeks time to around 700USD..Anyway wanna get this phone for sure!!
Is it possible to synchronize the MSOutlook agenda and contacts with the agenda and contacts of a nokia 7710 ?
To tai an, we say 850 USD as a guide for a retail price to the dealers, but different dealers will sell 7710 at different prices.
man i need 850usd for this! the phone is not as big as you think. go 4 it or just chek it out! if i dont get this ill go with the 7280! is the real standard price value for this is 850 us dollars or their just selling it at that pricea because it still hasnt cum out everywhere n every1 would pay this much to get their hand on it.?
Now this phone is even available in "Plemix" and "importGSM"...I hope this will be available at the end of December in Asia(India)....I am just waiting with my fingers crossed to get this cool all-rounder...
waaaw!!! this fone is great....can i have nokia 7710 people's opinion of everything!plz
well said ghetto boy. .. hey fat an ugly , dont diss my home boy mystic, hes made some interesting points about this phone, , and plus..... ur fat an ugly
Why are nokia so late in bringing out the lastest technology in their phones? this has to be their most advanced phone yet it still hasnt got the latest color display of 262k +,, and its a multimedia phone!!! wats up wit dat. ... when i seen 7710 at the wholesalers its much much smaller than i thought, , , which has made me consider buying it as its not quite the brick i thought it was.
ni hao ma? well said mystic you rock i mean really everyone has their own hands and feet it just matters as to how you use them!
Ok, i get your point. People are different. In my book, there are three types of people in this market.
1: those who want convenience
2: those who want entertainment and dare i say pleasure.
3: those who want pride and prestige.
It is these three that determines a person and influences their choice of phone. It is one of these three that draws a fine line between owning the world's largest phone and owning a very powerful device. You say people buy a phone which has features the may never use. Well i should say it feels damn good to know your phone has wifi or bluetooth and someone elses hasn't. Don't you agree? Most of these features are sort of a spur of the moment. For example you are in some country no one's ever heard of and a one-off phenomenon occurs and you have no digital camera and outa the blue your latest cameraphone! Or maybe you are in a business meeting and suddenly this stunning woman walks in. It's serious business and you can't talk. And coincidentially both your phones are blutooth compatible and both have instant messaging! What a way to get a date,huh! I mean you could say txt messagin but what about the bill? Most of these features aren't really for everyday use. Jus for extra convenience. I mean almost anyone would rather have a Sony-Ericsson P910i or the 7710 than own a 3310 or something. It's jus human nature. I'd rather drive a ferrari than drive an old ford escort non-turbo. Wouldn't you. I'm only human. Imean no harm. If anything i said offended, chill i didn't mean to, honest
to seb you say look at the features,i bet you only use a few of them.most people do.but the people who do then complain how pretty useless they are,can you see yourself getting the next super dooper nokia just because its got anew thing on it just to say its better when you only use it for texting.generally download speed is dependant on a lot of factors,if u do a lot of it which i dont think you do get youself on the 3g band wagon.