An amazing phone! I have had the 7710 since October last year and have not lost my enthusiasm for it yet!!! It is true that the it is slow at time but it has a huge memory and keeps hundreds of texts, subsequently slowing it don slightly. I have even been able to use MP3 songs as ring tones, which it is not listed to be able to do!!! All my friends envy it and a sales man at a well known phone chain didn't even recognise it! It's smart light and very sophisticated. If u want to know how to ring tone ur MP3's just e-mail me and ill try to help. This is a mint phone!
hi can anyone send me some games for 7710 and also keygen for smart movie 3.10.......
Is there such a thing call MMC Wi-Fi? could it used for S90 (Nokia 7710)
Nice functions , well proportioned.
This phone is probably the best phone in the world.
I had a 6630 and had a lot of problems with it.
So i'd say it's definetly better 7710 than my old 6630.
Best phone ever !
Better than 6630 phone !
6630 is old .
7710 is the best!
could the 7710 play MP4 files? coz i couldn't play the mp4 videos in my 7710.
is there a player for 7710 that could play mpeg or wmv? smartmovie could only play avi.
i owned a 7710 for a month,and i'm really impressed with its capabilities, but there are negative sides of it that i really hate!
--- C O N S ---
1. it's not actually that slow as other people say---when you have to text...open some applications etc. but it's very slow opening the file manager especially when u do have downloaded many files.
2. there is no close button in almost all preinstalled applications,pressing the arrow button key for five seconds might help or even having switcher application... but the point there is, having nokia to place a close key in 7710 is a very simple thing to do. and it's so irritating to press that key or opening the switcher coz it takes more time,taking also into account that 7710 runs on a satisfactory speed(but not worst as most say). it's always a MUST to have a switcher,and a MUST to open that switcher in most times making the 7710's satistfactory speed performance more slower.
3. the handwritting recognition does not work pretty well. i will rate it 8 out of 10. especially when writting letter "k"--it is often recognized by the phone as "ll". also im having problems with "N" and "U". also with some other letters... so the on screen keyboard is more reliable at most. speaking of that keyboard, it's better if nokia just placed a button for these special characters rather than mixing these special characters along with the letters in the lower case and the other special characters along with the letters of uppercase. it does really confused me most of the times for i have to tap the uper or lowercase button just to find the character i need. NOTE that also some special characters are along with the numbers also with upper and lower case. its just like finding a file in four folders---again this does make the operation a lot more slower.
4. the weight for me is also a SLIGHT problem(size is not that much for still it fits comfortably in my hand). the weight is ONLY a problem when i do hold the phone for a very long time(its so tiring) consider again the phone's satifactory speed which will really make you hold it for a long time.
5. the plastic finishing is quite cheap(but the quality is great). the glass above camera lens gets to have scratches easily as compared to 6630---not that 6630 has deeply embeded its glass and 7710's is not embeded, but its really due to the difference in the "hardness" of the camera glasses of both phones.
6. limited third party softwares
7. mediocre video recording---its really does look too pixelated (but above average camera still performance)
8. "SKETCH" is not that accurate for i couldn't sketch a dot on the very edge of a 640 x 320 sketch page. when you try to sketch a dot in a certain place it is always sketched above the place where your stylus really pointed,maybe about 5 pixels higher than your target point. When i do write notes in the sketch pad, it can't go with the speed of my hand resulting it to "broken" letters. also there are limited sketch tools. i just do hope theres a sofware just like the paint application in a windows PC.
--- P R O S ---
1. above average video playack(not spectacular)
2. crisp camera still quality and with detail.
3. near spectacular music playback in headset, and quite near spectacular in the speakers as a "mobile" not as a multimedia device.
4. easeness in operating it for it is touchscreen,no need to scroll(but uncomfortable in the speed)
5. radio reception is spectacular as a "mobile"
6. fine pixeled 640 x 320 screen display making it nice to browse the internet and to view images or documents.(but it's not vivid a compared to SE phones)
--- SUggestions to the manufacturer ----
1. improve the speed
2. create a software or an option to rotate the display and place a very large keyboard in the screen so i could use it as a one handed phone without the stylus. coz it's too difficult to text in a moving vehicle with the stylus,i might end up having a destroyed LCD with holes in a rocky track.
3. have a close key for the applications that is not necessarily to be pressed for five seconds.
4. and i guess this one is the most important--- bring back to the market the series 90 category so that series 90 third party software makers would also coninue to make applications. remember 7710 is the first and the last commercially available phone of the series 90. the other was the 7700 which is not commercially available.
please tell me is it possible to
rotate the information on screen of nokia 7710
iti the best phone of the world.i like this phon.i bought 2 weeks ago.thx
Neet again, actually forgot to specify that this is regarding a new cell. i have charged battery only for 2 times, for about 12Hr as suggested by Dealer.
Thanks Bobby, for ur concern. as per ur reply i tried to check firmware of my mobile & got to know about firmware details. Im having one more problem regarding battery backup. im not getting much battery backup ~30HR (talk time ~90Min / Brousing ~20min). Is it a normal or something wrong with my battery? since manuals aur showing much more. thnx in advance
Hi guys, I've just seen the Nokia 7710 and its kinda nice and cute. But I ain't too familiar with it operations/functionalities. Can you tell me its features, advantages and disadvantages? I won't want to buy it now and later regret doing so.
I have noticed that the option to set as background image is available on firmware V4.10 but in V4.01 not having this option why so plz anybody tell me how to set background image on V4.01 . The camera resolution of both versions are same (1280 * 960) but in previous version the resolution of camera is (1152 * 864) why these difference are in these firmware Versions. please ifanybody have knowlegde about this plz help me.
Thanks in advance.
@neet: you can find out the firmware version by tapping the following in the "telephone":
As soon as you enter these digits it'll show a dialog box saying:
1.Your firmware version(e.g: V 04.01.0)
2.The date(e.g: 23-05-05)
If you want to upgrade your firmware,you'll have to go to a Nokia care center and just tell them you want to upgrade your firmware and they'll do it absolutely free(if your phone is under warranty),if not, then they'll charge u a nominal amt..
Hope,that will help you..
Today only i bought Nokia 7710 & im unable to figure out firmware of my cell. Can anyone tell me how can i get the information about current firmware version. if possible also let me know from where can get latest firmware?
the worst thing bout nokia 7710
is that you have to hold it by width
not length and you canot rotate the screen
to read on the longer side you can read
only on the shorter side