i got this phone and i have it since 3 weeks but it freezes a lot these days wat to do. do i need to update the OS or something if yes from where cna i get updates and stuff thanks,
A news that might confuse all and clear some ppl doubts
I just got my nokia 7710 firmware apdated from v0.4.50 to vc 04.58.0 Dated 30.9.05 and man i told them to update only v.4.10 they said its the latest they have now and now i have compared everything now well its has all the features that nokia 7710 v4.10 has like active standby
and message preview music player create new track list and all .
If any body has Nokia 7710 v 4.10 then please also tell the software date .
your information is old-the newest FW is 4.10 and is already available in Carphonewarehouse service centres. sopouse to go today to upgrade but found a small bubble in my newly replaced handset and will call today again for new replacement-hopes will get one.
about the new FW-there is plenty available info around the net-is much better than 4.01-speed is up again ....
NO Software SHOUT OUTS, go google or something.
The output, is Stereo and out of 10 would be 8.9
the screen is very sensitive, all the touchscreens are sensitive, what else do you want?
Slow, depending on what you do, cant really determine, you would need to own one for yourself.
Stereo is well equipped, dont know about others opinion.
Camera, is excellent, but when the light gets decreased Night mode turns on, so thats why its blurry. 4.5 is the newest, but mostly all the news ones are still in progress, so get the one previous the new one.
Bugs, bugs are all around, for example, Viruses that attacks Windows, there is no such thing as Viruses, viruses are already in the computer itself, so bugs can never be removed but fixed.
The sound volume is pretty loud.
rocky. how do you know that there are somethings wrong with it if you dont even have the phone?
I have 4.01 and the swticher still works.
4.01 vs. 4.5
Basically just faster in Multimedia use. Get It?
hey hey of u got themes,application,tones etc free can u send me sum plzzzzz
Can anyone tell me is the sound quality of loudspeakers are MONO or STERIO?????
One more thing....Is the screen very delicate or sturdy??? Heard that it got sratch easily.
Plz let me know....
Guyz, I hve shortlisted this mobile. Few doubts which many peple has expressed abt this mobile.
1. Very slow....Nobody tells how much slow.
2. Some says sound quality is sterio & good but some says it sucks....
3. Some says camera pics are great but some says its blurred.
4 Some says upgrade it to 4.01 or 4.5 version still u cant remove the bug. Which bug they are talking....Is there any improvement in performance after upgrading.
5. Sound quality of calls are very low......Can anybody tell me how much slow...or it can be removed using handsfree.
Plz rely my queries buddies....so that i cud buy this mobile soon..
i wanna know frm whr cn i get switcher and v 4.5.cn i get chess for this phone.
I puechased NOKIA 6030, but I don't know the use of the EDGE connector at the bottom of the mobile. More over the required cable is also not at all available. Even if it is available what are the benifits of the connector. If any of you knows, please help me at the earliest.
Well P900 man,
When it comes to P900, I find only a jogdial as the only advantage...therez nothing more I see! Coz when compared, the 7710 is outstanding in terms of features! In P910, the only addition is a QWERTY keyboard. We have all that and more on 7710 (though its a S/W-based!)
Thanks again castello...But my question is still unanswered. Whats the difference between 4.10 and 4.5 ?!...:)...And wonder if SmartMovie can play music files of almost every format...(sorry! jst wanting to knw wat its all about!:D )
Yo guys i have this phone for while now and i cant find alot of thing for this phone like softwares,apps,and game. if any one can help me with this i would be verry happy. Free ones. and yea ware can get stuff to upgrade this phone like 4.01 version or 4.5 version let me soon ass possible thanks.
hey guys u dont need softwares like switcher or taskspy to close ur applications
all u need to do is to press right bottommost
button (its like an arrow pointing towards left)for5 sec all aps will be closed
hi der !!! well 7710 is great but still u know even everythinz right u wud find somethins not right at da same time lolz human nature afterall...so well i was thinkin wat if window media player cud work on 7710 or if ders ne such 7710 compatible plug-in dat wud play nearly every formats of music aswell as video dat wud be just so much great i guess if it happens den i wud stop lookin dat computer or laptops nemore...lolz if ne suggestions plz enlightened...thanx...
hi !!! der peeps , well recently i got dis probs of my passwd on da mmc due ta wich i cudnt use it thru da card reader so it seemed dat everythin was finished der wich made me ta think of a new 7710 MMC ta buy, but i gave a last try over it and der was another nokia phone en-gage into wich i put my MMC and der!!! i found da solution i had da clear and very easy option ta erase da passwd of my 7710 MMC and taday i work on da same MMC thru card reader just givin me da lesson not ta put a passwd for MMC wen u dont have an clear option into ur phone like 7710 sigh !!! thanx
thank you,,raghu,castillo n witchking
i have read most of ur opinions about the firmware n it has helpd me a lot..thankyou once again for those wonderful opinions
hello people, will any one please help me to find the version of my 7710 mobile.
n thankyou for the helpful info about the upgraded features of 7710.
i m a new user of 7710 but do not know how to use some of its functions..pls help me regarding the same...
2GB MMC, works excellently on a Nokia 7710, mobymemory.com
If you lost/forgot your MMC card password, do the following:
Use any file manager application like for example Seleq or FileExplorer. Go to C:\system\ folder and locate a file called mmcStore. Send this file to your computer and once it is on your PC, change its extension to .txt. Now you can open the file in e.g. Windows Notepad - it contains your password.
Here is an official log of changes from 4.01.0 to 4.10:
- Software performance (speed) improvements
(Note: Software speeds will vary depending on language variant,
number of contacts, images or messages stored, and other factors).
- Contacts Opening: 19% Improvement.
- Contact search using Search Field: 43% improvement
- Opening of Images Application (Time for all thumbnails to display, with
300 images in memory): 58% improvement. (Note: User can now
open an image without waiting for all thumbnails to display)
- Startup of Messaging application: 29% improvement.
- Opening of received SMS Message: 52% improvement.
- Opening of received Email Message: 22% improvement.
- Opening of received MMS Message: 20% improvement.
- Create SMS Message (Open Message Editor): 40% improvement
- Create Email Message (Open Message Editor): 40% improvement
- Create MMS Message (Open Message Editor): 27% improvement
- Camera ‘Shutter’ activation time reduced from 2.5 seconds to less
than 1.0 second.
- Playlist opening time 75% faster. (Actual time depends on number of
- One-handed usage
- Portrait-mode dialer UI, with contacts list, has been added.
- One-hand muting (long press of ‘A’ key) has been added.
- Managing track lists (playlists)
- The user can now create and edit Track Lists (Playlists) directly in the
- NAM (Nokia Audio Manager) user guidance
- The User Guide has added sections to help user with copying tracks
from a CD, transferring MP3s from a PC and managing playlists.
(Previously, NAM user instructions had to be downloaded from web
when user installed PC Suite)
- PC suite
- PC Suite is upgraded to version 6.6, with improved usability.
- Application management
- A long press of the ‘C’ key will close all applications except the
currently used (visible) application. (Previously, long press of ‘C’ key
closed all applications).
- When an SMS is selected but not opened, a window displays the first
part (up to 60 characters) of the message. (User can turn SMS
preview on/off via Messaging settings)
- Old SMS messages in the ‘Sent’ box can be automatically deleted at
user’s option. Auto-delete options include: User can select maximum
number of messages to be kept in ‘sent messages’ box, or the number
of days after which messages will be deleted.
- By tap+hold user can activate context-sensitive pop-up menu with
following options: Back, Forward, Reload, Stop, Open Web Page,
Copy, paste, Full Screen, Enable flash, copy link, open link in new
window (options vary, depending on context, ie: some options only
available in full-screen mode).
- Improved usability of web page zooming function. (Use of ‘A’ key
brings up menu of zooming options)
- User option to turn off flash animation
- The Macromedia Flash function is turned OFF as a default setting, to
speed up (and make more reliable) browsing of flash-intensive sites.
The user has the option to turn the Flash function on or off within the
web page or via settings in the control panel.
- User option to turn off images
- The user has the option to have the images in a web page displayed
or turned off via tap+hold (or via browser menu), in order to speed up
- User customization –wallpaper
- When an image is open, the user can directly make that image the
new wallpaper image. Previously, the user’s only option was to go to
Desk/Display/Set background image, and then find the desired image
from the list (or thumbnails view) of all images in the Images folder.
- When setting a selected image as the wallpaper image, the user also
has the option of cropping the image.
- ‘My view’ alternate home page
- User has option to set the ‘Desk’ icon or key so that alternate taps on
the icon or key bring up either the ‘Desk’ view or a user-preselected
application. The default setting is to have only the desk view appear
when the desk key or icon is selected.
- ‘Active standby’ alternate home page
- One of the ‘My View’ options is to have the ‘Active Standby’ page
appear with alternate taps of the desk key or icon. The ‘Active
Standby’ page features a selection of four user-defined application
icons, and displays the currently active profile, date and time on a
user-defined background image. The user can also change the active
profile directly from the ‘Active Standby’ view.
- New accessories supported
- HS-11W Wireless Headset
- HS-21W Clip-on Headset
- HS-36W Wireless Headset
- HS-37W Wireless Headset
- Nokia Music Pack. (Contents include 256 MB MMC, AD-15 Audio
Adapter, DD-10 MMC/SD card reader, CA-72U Audio Cable)
- Mobile TV support
- Approximately 30-40% improvement to channel opening time.
- Improved handling of low DVB-H network coverage situations.
- Mobile TV streaming is suspended when user switches to other
application (frees up processor memory for open application).
- Frame-freezing occurrences reduced
www.iUnlock.com provides major updates.
Alrite ppl. Let me get this straight. Some say 4.10 is the latest.Others say 4.5 is the latest. I am confused here. And moreover if both of them exist, whats the basic difference between the two? Which is recommended and why?
A very IMP question for all
If your MMC get password protected and now its asking for a password and its not even workign in MMC card reader so what to do as we cant format it by ourself does any body has any solution for it please post it
Thanks in Advance