I have been a bit time crazy for touchscreen phones & I have allmost used all of them, but after using Nokia 7710 I fell like yes i have something which is the best. But there is onething if u can work on 7710 hangup at times & the processing of the phone is a bit slow for example:while opening a folder for image or opening the folder of sound clips, it takes a lots of time which should not be there,if there is a solution for this it will be great. Anyhow I will still say that Nokia 7710 is the best.
its a good waky with large screen,u have to raise or provide volume like ingae QD
Hi pals, i am proud to be a owner of 7710. Firmware 4.10 is launched in the U.S, & Europe. I am eagerly waiting for its launch in india.
Here is an official log of changes of
- Software performance (speed) improvements
(Note: Software speeds will vary depending on language variant,
number of contacts, images or messages stored, and other factors).
- Contacts Opening: 19% Improvement.
- Contact search using Search Field: 43% improvement
- Opening of Images Application (Time for all thumbnails to display, with
300 images in memory): 58% improvement. (Note: User can now
open an image without waiting for all thumbnails to display)
- Startup of Messaging application: 29% improvement.
- Opening of received SMS Message: 52% improvement.
- Opening of received Email Message: 22% improvement.
- Opening of received MMS Message: 20% improvement.
- Create SMS Message (Open Message Editor): 40% improvement
- Create Email Message (Open Message Editor): 40% improvement
- Create MMS Message (Open Message Editor): 27% improvement
- Camera ‘Shutter’ activation time reduced from 2.5 seconds to less
than 1.0 second.
- Playlist opening time 75% faster. (Actual time depends on number of
- One-handed usage
- Portrait-mode dialer UI, with contacts list, has been added.
- One-hand muting (long press of ‘A’ key) has been added.
- Managing track lists (playlists)
- The user can now create and edit Track Lists (Playlists) directly in the
- NAM (Nokia Audio Manager) user guidance
- The User Guide has added sections to help user with copying tracks
from a CD, transferring MP3s from a PC and managing playlists.
(Previously, NAM user instructions had to be downloaded from web
when user installed PC Suite)
- PC suite
- PC Suite is upgraded to version 6.6, with improved usability.
- Application management
- A long press of the ‘C’ key will close all applications except the
currently used (visible) application. (Previously, long press of ‘C’ key
closed all applications).
- When an SMS is selected but not opened, a window displays the first
part (up to 60 characters) of the message. (User can turn SMS
preview on/off via Messaging settings)
- Old SMS messages in the ‘Sent’ box can be automatically deleted at
user’s option. Auto-delete options include: User can select maximum
number of messages to be kept in ‘sent messages’ box, or the number
of days after which messages will be deleted.
- By tap+hold user can activate context-sensitive pop-up menu with
following options: Back, Forward, Reload, Stop, Open Web Page,
Copy, paste, Full Screen, Enable flash, copy link, open link in new
window (options vary, depending on context, ie: some options only
available in full-screen mode).
- Improved usability of web page zooming function. (Use of ‘A’ key
brings up menu of zooming options)
- User option to turn off flash animation
- The Macromedia Flash function is turned OFF as a default setting, to
speed up (and make more reliable) browsing of flash-intensive sites.
The user has the option to turn the Flash function on or off within the
web page or via settings in the control panel.
- User option to turn off images
- The user has the option to have the images in a web page displayed
or turned off via tap+hold (or via browser menu), in order to speed up
- User customization –wallpaper
- When an image is open, the user can directly make that image the
new wallpaper image. Previously, the user’s only option was to go to
Desk/Display/Set background image, and then find the desired image
from the list (or thumbnails view) of all images in the Images folder.
- When setting a selected image as the wallpaper image, the user also
has the option of cropping the image.
- ‘My view’ alternate home page
- User has option to set the ‘Desk’ icon or key so that alternate taps on
the icon or key bring up either the ‘Desk’ view or a user-preselected
application. The default setting is to have only the desk view appear
when the desk key or icon is selected.
- ‘Active standby’ alternate home page
- One of the ‘My View’ options is to have the ‘Active Standby’ page
appear with alternate taps of the desk key or icon. The ‘Active
Standby’ page features a selection of four user-defined application
icons, and displays the currently active profile, date and time on a
user-defined background image. The user can also change the active
profile directly from the ‘Active Standby’ view.
- New accessories supported
- HS-11W Wireless Headset
- HS-21W Clip-on Headset
- HS-36W Wireless Headset
- HS-37W Wireless Headset
- Nokia Music Pack. (Contents include 256 MB MMC, AD-15 Audio
Adapter, DD-10 MMC/SD card reader, CA-72U Audio Cable)
- Mobile TV support
- Approximately 30-40% improvement to channel opening time.
- Improved handling of low DVB-H network coverage situations.
- Mobile TV streaming is suspended when user switches to other
application (frees up processor memory for open application).
- Frame-freezing occurrences reduced
This information is courtesy of the nice people at iUnlock.com
hi dis is robbie frm darjeeling west bengal well im not dat a cell freak but yeah wen dis set was launched on da market thru t.v or ad. i was realy imaginin` ta have it one day so ultimately i had it taday so fast...well i like it very much da camera`s gud well shortly its da best mob in town i guess pretty easy also but wat i have done is i had set a passwd for my MMC wich i now wont be able ta read by a CardReader device connected ta da computer and so can nybody help me out ta make da MMC like before widout no passwd thou i know da passwd but still i want my MMC widout nypasswds now ...help as soon...!!!
hi,,,,how could i come to know which firmvare my nokia 7710 has,,,,and what changes will i get if i change my phones version
hi i want pico drive roms games and more games for nokia 7710 plz send me thanks
I need a phone for gaming and multimedia so whis one is the better among 7710 sonyw800 and sonyw550
Nokia wont be coming for any phone now based on 90 series as they have now officially announced it so nokia 7710 will be the last and first comercial 90 series phone and dude for 250 euros its a good deal buy it and buy on with firware 4.0.1 or higher u can check for firmware by *#0000#
hello to everybody
can some body advise what to do
i want to buy this nokia 7710 new 250euro?is it good or i better buy an other mobile??thxs
Look at the new phones tat nokia juz launched.. Do u guys think Nokia will come out wif a new 7710?? Like 7720 or watever?? Post ur opinion..
Thanx for ur help Riaz...
Do u have 7710 as well ?...if u have go to moganbo.com and u can get lot of other stuff out there ...
Hi Sharjeel !!!!
GO here to download its software and games
Ijust downloaded that thing and that is not a good GPS thing i thougth i might be real nice as its not FREE. it has 14 days FREE key and after that you have to buy it so i dont recommend anyone to downlaod and isntall that thing in their 7710, it would be just a waste of space
hey do u guyz know about SmartComGPS for Nokia 7710 1.02--not yet---ohh wat r u waiting for go and download from http://www.download.com/
hi everyone-whooosh dis model rocks-better than the best-just wanna know one thing from where i can download the softwares and games of 7710 ? help me plz
thanks for your suggestion but no matter how contacts are sorted, it takes 5-6 seconds to open a message, with the messages and contacts programs already running. This seems to me really too much. THis phone should have enough power to manage this way quicker.
Adams, The moment the SMS is received it parses and displays the Name of the sender in the alert! Not sure why it would parse wile opening it... One thing you can try out is to sort the contacts in First Name, Last name order.
Hope this helps.
Yes, 4.01 is an improvement, but if I receive an SMS, it takes 10 seconds to open it because it has to sort the contacts!!!
Writing sms is fine but it cannot take so long to parse the addressbook, even with only around 100 contacts. If there were at elast an option to disable to contacts parsing.
Not sure about 4.5 version, but got my 7710 upgraded to 4.01 at CarPhoneWarehouse in UK. This version is for sure improved one and lot of memory management has gone into and few menus have been re-arranged. The Right Bottom Key held down for 5 sec closes all applications and returns to Desk - no need for switcher - but its handy.
I have tried and running following applications:
1. Opera Mini
4. Mobile Ticker
5. Adobe Acrobat Reader
6. Agile Messenger
and loads of Java applications that I had while P800 was with me and ofcourse transferred from W800i.