7700 was the precursor to the 7710. It was scrapped by Nokia and the 7710 developed. There are no plans to release it (they could not get it working). There is a concept phone which looks like a possible 7710 replacement which may be released at year end, but God and Nokia knows.
No idea why I'm posting this, apart from that my flaming phone died this weekend and I had to format it to get it working again (hence I now have to re-install everything). Thought I might as well put a post on how to install Picodrive as a new version is now out with limited sound support. I may do a post for Mame when I get round to sorting it, but its fairly similar to this.
1. Go to http://picodrive.atspace.com/
2. Download: v0.4: PicodriveS80S90_0_4.sis *LATEST*
3. Connect 7710 to PC via USB link & ensure PC Suite is installed on the PC.
4. Double click on the downloaded SIS file and answer YES to “Do you want to install the application to the phone” and then OK.
5. On the phone, click “NEXT” to acknowledge no certificate (they cost too much to use).
6. Click NEXT again.
7. Select DEVICE.
8. Select OK
9. Confirm Picodrive appears on the Desktop and runs.
10. Enter Picodrive and test. While there, enable Sounds (under SETTINGS).
11. Enter File Manager and switch to the DEVICE and create a NEW FOLDER (under FILE) called PDGames (NOTE this is case sensitive and incorrect naming means you will not find your ROMS).
12. Go to http://www.emurussia.km.ru/def...sid=gen&l=en and download required ROMS.
13. Copy the ROMS (using Windows Explorer and Nokia Phone Browser) to the newly created directory.
14. Games with Sound support: Golden Axe 2, Phantasy Star The End of the Millenium, Frogger, Xenon 2
15. Note Sound Support slows games even if they have no sound, so don’t have it selected if this bothers you.
16. You START games using the GREEN call key.
17. Supported games: Animaniacs, boogerman, castlevania bloodlines, contra hard corps, earthworm jim, golden axe 2, The lion king, sonic the hedgehog 2, tiny toon adventures 777_casino, aladdin, bugs bunny in double trouble, chess, frogger, golden axe, lemmings, mega bomberman, mortal combat 5, mortal kombat 3, phantasy star the end of the millenium, the simpsons (barts nighmare), super mario world, tetris, xenon 2 megablast, zoop
Ok I new to the whole mame thing so dont get mad. I couldnt d/l mame directly from my phone. So I d/l it on my computer and transfered it to my phone. I found it in the phone but it wont work. Please tell me how to install. Please.
well i have asked many people about this phone all the people i have talked to are satisfied with the performance,all the features are superb accept one when you have to make a call, nokia should have made this phone with both the things part pen, part manual. well even i am planning to buy this phone in a day or two. any friend out there who is already using this phone please be kind enough to tell me is it worth buying. i'll be waiting for your responce. mailing add:email@example.com
how can you play music from the MMC and the phone memory?
You could only play one folder and change to the other one
MapView GPS, reads certain maps, you in order to make it work, you have to work your way around re-routing the (bmp, jpeg, jpg, etc..) map(s) and converting it to .map or other data files MapView can read, if you are unsure of what you are doing, you can download OziExplore, and purchase their maps.
HI this is juno well i got a mnice response for this handset by my friends but am more eager to know how is the 7700 model compared to 7710 & when will it be released in indian market & what would be the approximate price, my friends told me 7700 would not be released in the market is it true? which are other PDA's available in nokia.
I am not using the mobil phone .But like to know how good is the mobil phone ,and also heard that not able to down load the games but very much planning to buy the mobil phone please let me know how good the mobil phone is please
very sorry guys...till now i still can't play mame games. i follow every step but can't. can anyone tell me what website to d/l mame rom or pico. Anyone using GPS on the phone ? where to get the maps ?
Just so people know. I will not be checking this forum again. I'm getting tired of the same old "how do I get free games as I can't be bothered to find out myself or check through back posts" type of postings and I'm getting sod all out of helping people as once their problem is sorted thats it. So, you're on you're own. Its a very good phone and if anyone wants me, they can search through my early posts where I left my e-mail address.
Noob, what are you like? :o) Copy yhe games to My Files\PDGames\ folder. Note that PDGames IS case sensitive, so if you put in pdgames, it wont work. I expect a post about how you can finally play something soon. ;)
Witchking.. i got a stupid question.. where do i save the ROMS for the picodrive under? under My files or?
i am not at all able to open the site http://picodrive.atspace.com/ to download picodrive for this fone.
could some 1 mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org ??
Thx in advance...
Behrad. It is likely that that file will play alright on the 7710. There is no way for us to be able to tell without knowing what the video content is etc as this makes a difference when compressing etc. I have yet to convert a full dvd for viewing.
As for mame games not playing, they do work on this phone. You need to tell us what you have done. A few pages back I gave a very detailed post of how to do this and there are more details on harmonicode.com.
I don't really understand your question, please specify, and restate the question
Please Help me...
I Have Real Video 8 Vide File
File Detail :
400Kbps , 320*160 , 15fps , 32kbps Stereo Audio ..
This File Play In Nokia 7710 Full Screen ...
Is it Good Quality & Play 15fps ?!
Mame game do not work someone help me plz
i read post and try it but.....
1. Install Mame (I can assure you this is a must! :o) )
2. Do not unzip the files, copy them over to your phone as they are.
3. I have made numerous posts about how to get Mame working and I'm not doing it again, look at the earlier posts.
Picodrive Roms (again I have already posted this): http://www.emurussia.km.ru/default.php?a=stats&sid=gen&l=en
FWIW, I think picodrive is the better emulator currently. Its full screen (no sound)and more modern games.
hihi.. i've d/l a few ROMs. they are in zip format. when i unzip them, they became files with extensions i have never seen before. some have extensions .ic1 .ic2 some with numbers as extensions and different games have different number of files in them. what shld i do in order to play the game on my phone? i have d/l the MAME installer but not yet install.