And here people again started to just speak about numbers, as far as I have seen, many people about nokia are like "Oh why this for that price point" and when they hold that phone, they are like "Oh this is that phone, nice..!"
I wonder why they do HDR with LCD instead of OLED...
SD 660 is out of date also..they would have gone with at least SD 710( My opinion)
Nokia need to concentrate to the price to dominant in the market or survive in the market.
Why nokia selling old chipset? Even their upgrades in market available. Nokia is still in 2016 in processer field. This phone needs sd 675 atleast. And 4000 mah battery.usb type c with fast charging in this prrice. rest all is ok.
nokia why are you affraid to make a great phone??? with 12gb of ram 256gb of storage and sd855?? with wifi 6 amoled screen etc.....??look up on oneplus 7pro
so its redmi note 7 with shittier battery but almost twice expensive.. ok
Its better then almost all samsungs though
Green one look very cool. But specs aren't good at all. Old processor and why no 1080p 60FPS? Is it that hard to include?
Mo.ba.1992, 09 Sep 2019It's no good, A regular LCD screen with a low battery. And the screen margin is very high and ... moreI find the Nokia LCD screens are better than Samsung's AMOLDs because the colours are truer and more natural. I actually prefer Nokias screens to Samsungs' (I have a Nokia 7 plus).
Anonymous, 13 Sep 2019looks like new motorola also known as 7.2...-__-All motorollas look like Nokias also known as lumia 830 or 1020 or 950xl. But how can an ignorant know that?
Anonymous, 13 Sep 2019Also there is a lot of improvement in PureDisplay dedicated chip by pixelworks which is also a... moreYes but that gap is very narrow.. The processor gap is very huge.
Let us compare nokia 7.2 vs 8.1
1. Display: 7.2 display has a slight edge over Nokia 8.1. That is only for the dedicated chip expecting that it will perform better with dedicated chip.
2. Display Size & dimension is almost same. slight difference : Tie
3. OS: Both launched with Android Pie: Tie So you will get same number of OS upgrades for both.
4. Processor: Nokia 8.1 has SD710. SD660 on nokia 7.2 is no match
5. Camera: Nokia 7.2 could take a lead as it is new & has wide angle lens. But OIS & Dual LED will help in low light for nokia 8.1 but 7.2 lacks both. Would be interesting to see how both performs against each other. As per the specsheet nokia 7.2 is winner here as it has UWA lens. But main camera should be tested.
6. 8.1 has NFC but it is exclusive to some country on nokia 7.2
7. BT aptx support on 7.2 which is better than 8.1
8. Price: Noia 8.1 is currently selling at 16000 INR ($230) which is very cheap considering expected price of 7.2.
9. Design: Personal preference: 7.2 for it's back design. But 8.1 is also good but 7.2 attracts immediately. Doesn't matter too much.
Price and features comparison tells 8.1 is really a lot better than 7.2
With 8.1 you will just loose UWA camera & "to be expected better HDR experience".
If 7.2 will not cost less than $300.
Z, 12 Sep 2019Nokia 8.1 definately a better buy compared to nokia 7.2.. A device with SD 660 is joke in 2019... moreAlso there is a lot of improvement in PureDisplay dedicated chip by pixelworks which is also a advantage in Nokia 7.2 over Nokia 8.1's PureDisplay.
Nokia 8.1 definately a better buy compared to nokia 7.2.. A device with SD 660 is joke in 2019.. yes the 7.2 has better camera but other features are just mehh.. I'll pass this device.. Anyone who looking for good performance with clean stock android experience should gofor nokia 8.1..
One thing I must say about nokia is that they are true to their promise of regular updates, which is best thing about Nokia phones.. And for people who are confused whether to buy nokia 7.2 or not.. I must tell u that its first triple camera phone from nokia along with 6.2.. But nokia 7.2 has 48mp sensor with ziess optics which clearly better than 6.2 and could easily beat any other phone in this price range.. But yes it does lacks some good features that other phones offering.. Best buy at the moment is Nokia 8.1 which has far better specifications than nokia 7.2 excludong camera.. features like 18 watt fast cahrging, SD 710 chipset and better build.. people who want a solid phone but don't care for camera should gofor nokia 8.1.. Tho its camera is good too but nokia 7.2 beats 8.1 in camera quality.. and if compared otherwise nokia 8.1 is clear winner.. If you don't care for a notch gofor nokia 8.1.. I would pass nokia 7.2 as only camera is not my priority..