Big G, 03 Jun 2020I am using Nokia 7 Plus.And I like it so much even after the Two year it's performance is grea... moreNokia 7 Plus is no doubt a very balanced phone. Exemplary built quality, build like a tank, one of the finest piece of smartphone design. With SD660 it has very good performance, too.
If their is one phone that stood out from the entire Nokia portfolio under HMD banner in terms of pure success, it has to be Nokia 7 Plus. No wonder why it was Juho's (HMD CPO's) most favorite phone.
I am using Nokia 7 Plus.And I like it so much even after the Two year it's performance is great.Yes really it's great.This phone got Two major Android update but update didn't affects it's performance.Not a single issue found in these two years.
I trusted Nokia and it didn't disappointed me.
Nokia 7 Plus display it's very nice It's among the best IPS display.Very crisp and clear.
IceM, 31 May 2020My phone is the black color TA-1046/hardware version 5.0, made in China , 64/4 GBs , on Androi... moreIt is downright strange for a phone to have two types of display driver firmwares:
I don't know how Nokia messed up there with Nokia 7 Plus. I think I was the lucky one to get the intended original display in full glory. The USB & display issues do exist as there is a huge number of them reported worldwide. All WiFi issued I had got resolved after the Android 10 update.
Just hope the new intended MR release for Android 10 squashed any bugs that do exist.
RishiGuru, 31 May 2020My Nokia 7 Plus uses the original "Goodix" display panel which were sent to all reviewers duri... moreMy phone is the black color TA-1046/hardware version 5.0, made in China , 64/4 GBs , on Android 10 build 4_10c_SP04 , touch panel firmware version has 2 lines , it says "Novatek-VA1" , then next line is "Goodix-V1.017.20".
HMD just released a software update MR (4_15) in few markets and it should be available globally in the coming days/weeks , I haven't got it yet but hope at least it fixes the most annoying software issues.
You may be one of the lucky few , but the hardware issues (usb,wifi,lcd panel) seem very common and still not sure if the MR fixes the bugs . It would have been a very good phone otherwise , and shame on HMD for the lcd issue.
I still have my Nokia E71 from 2009 and it still works fine except for the battery! I can't recommend HMD's Nokia.
IceM, 23 May 202015 months using this phone , here is my review :
** The good :
- Performance : Very goo... moreMy Nokia 7 Plus uses the original "Goodix" display panel which were sent to all reviewers during initial release. It is not the "Novatek" one which was later used and had issues and bad color accuracy.
Some more info about my Nokia 7 Plus:
a) Phone manufactured in India.
b) Model TA-1046.
c) It is of white color.
d) 4GB RAM variant with 64 GB internal storage.
d) Android Version: Android 10
e) Touch panel firmware version: 07 Goodix-V1.017.20
My phone display has pretty accurate colors and produces crisp whites. Also the contrast ratio of the "Goodix" is exceptionally high at 1700:1 for a IPS LCD display. My phone produces deep blacks, quite a sight to behold with Android 10 dark mode turned on.
By interest previously I found Novatek is a Taiwanese company who manufactures display driver ICs. They also manufacture small-sized single-chip display drivers which are suitable for mobile phone applications.
Devil2Death, 29 May 2020If you were the early buyer of the phone, you escaped these issues. I bought the phone on the ... moreProbably. Also I have seen the white version of Nokia 7 Plus which I own have less issues than the black one. But then again whites in our country was launched in limited numbers as black color smartphones are a rage here.
Jossiace, 30 May 2020For how long you've been using it? And you still don't have any charging port issue? Mine ... moreMine is one and half years old. Always use the USB port be it charging or files transfer with utmost care. Very happy with my Nokia 7 Plus.
RishiGuru, 28 May 2020Great in-depth review. Thanks for sharing.
I acknowledge the Novatek display panel & US... moreFor how long you've been using it?
And you still don't have any charging port issue?
Mine is just one year old. And it's charging without any charging port issue.
RishiGuru, 28 May 2020Great in-depth review. Thanks for sharing. I acknowledge the Novatek display panel & US... moreIf you were the early buyer of the phone, you escaped these issues. I bought the phone on the launch day.........I am also free from these issues. May be that's why we feel the phone more awesome than others :)
IceM, 23 May 202015 months using this phone , here is my review :
** The good :
- Performance : Very goo... moreGreat in-depth review. Thanks for sharing.
I acknowledge the Novatek display panel & USB port issues which I seem to have escaped miraculously. My Nokia 7 Plus display is not the Novatek one and I am still to face the port issue.
Overall very satisfied with phone. Perhaps the best smartphone that ever came out of Nokia under HMD banner.
Does anyone know the proper gcam for Nokia 7 Plus? I didn't found any until now. Any link? Thanks in advance
By far the worst smartphone I've ever had! Problems, Problems, Problems!!!!! The software system has multiple issues which remain unsolved from HMD. I lost data because of some updates and another time I was forced to return to factory settings losing everything! Camera has also problems! The quality at night is very dissapointing for 400euros! Do a favor to yourself and stay away from Nokia and its devices!
15 months using this phone , here is my review :
** The good :
- Performance : Very good, it's not a flagship SOC but is plenty powerful for daily tasks, never felt lacking.I don't play intensive games so can't comment on the GPU.
- Battery life : Great ! such a relief from my older phones - I usually end my days with some 5 hours SOT at 40% left ! , very efficient for common tasks as YouTube and browsing. However there are a couple of things that will eat through the battery if used for some time and those are Bluetooth , WiFi hotspot and GPS/google maps.
- Very good call quality and reception.
- Loudspeaker is decent ,a bit louder than average.
- Getting good LTE speeds and stable signal.
- Good materials and build (except charging port).
- Good quality video recording and sound capturing in the camera app.
- Large display.
** The Bad but manageable:
- A bit large and heavy , difficult to use one handed, makes you appreciate a smaller phone when you use one.
- WiFi reception is a bit weak, and sometimes (but not constantly) it disconnects and reconnects while other devices don't , a hardware/antenna design issue most likely.
- Camera quality for still images (stock Nokia app) is inconsistent , sometimes good sometimes not , no OIS and not very good in low light.
- Display colors are OK but with a slight warm grey-yellow tone to them , don't like the calibration (Novatek panel , see below).
- A fair amount of small scratches on screen (screen protectors did not work with this display panel , causes ghost touches and/or responsiveness).
** The ugly and why I can't recommend this phone:
- Charging port problem : After 14 months the charging port started getting loose and charging now keeps stopping , a common issue and a design fault by Nokia, many reporting the problem happening again and again after port replacement.
- Android 10 bugs : Nokia released a buggy upgrade to Android 10 that messed up the phone, nasty bugs such as the sound crackling issue and screen freezes..etc, no fix still after 5 months , Nokia you can't leave us hanging like that (And of course I did a factory reset..etc , it's just a bad release). Hoping for an MR to fix this, I don't trust their software department to release a quality build , other Nokia phone models reporting bad software issues as well.
- Display panel problems : Apparently after the initial release and good reviews Nokia decided to switch display panel vendor and is using a panel that has dull colors , ghost touches (esp. in lower part of display) , and can't dim properly- brightness is high in lowest setting- Just look up the "Novatek" display issue this phone has , you never know which panel you get until you buy one.
KHAN, 19 May 2020I have Nokia 7 Plus after Android 10 Update, I have audio voice problems & now Touch Displ... moreAudio issue is supposed to get fixed in the next MR update. Have some more patience. The touch issue is usually fixed by using third party launcher. The default launcher seems to have some issue.
I have Nokia 7 Plus after Android 10 Update, I have audio voice problems & now Touch Display issues
SM, 15 May 2020the worst phone of all times. even my 1+x was far better. Been using this phone for 2 years an... moreI don't no why I never faced major issues like you on my Nokia 7 Plus & Nokia 6.1.
Maybe I always performed hard factory reset on both phones just after receiving the Android 9 & Android 10 software updates. I live in proper metropolitan city and never had any issues regarding call quality. Calling 7+ slow with Snapdragon 660, o don't think so. On the contrary it is a very fast phone, maybe not flagship grade but close to it.
the worst phone of all times. even my 1+x was far better. Been using this phone for 2 years and it has been nothing but a serious PIA. Never going to buy from Nokia ever again. It's slower than a stupid snail. HMD, pls shut yourself and save us from the trouble. Seriously, resign you newbs.
I was a Nokia user for many years with only one that was junk. Went to another brand for better reception and was great (I am more interested in the reception where I am than any other features) Not long ago went to Nokia 7+ as I needed a new ph again. Biggest piece of junk I have used. Screen locks or freezes and reception out here is useless. Text messages do what they want when they want. Never again a Nokia