Switched to a Nokia 8 (4GB version) after my S7 Edge screen died (not the first Samsung I've owned that it's happened to) and very happy so far. The screen is IPS instead of AMOLED so it's maybe not quite as sharp, but it also feels easier on the eyes. The phone feels very well made and solid. Call quality is good, the cameras are also good, but the speaker leaves a little to be desired. The phone is not loaded with bloatware, and out of the box, the phone notified me of the latest Android security updates -- as opposed to Samsung, which seemed to lag well behind in terms of updates. Nokia's announcement that all the 2017 phones would get Android Oreo was a key factor in this purchase, and I would bet this phone gets it before Samsungs do, even the latest phones. If I had an extra working phone I might have waited for the 6GB version, but overall quite satisfied.
AudriusD, 01 Oct 2017Nokia 8 or Huawei P10 plus?There isn't any comparison between nokia 8 & huawei mate 10 light.
Nokia 8 is far better in each department in terms of hardware & software.
After all nokia 8 is high end device with latest hardware.
Display & camera are also superb.
Go 4 nokia 8 without second thought.
The Nokia 8 is already a promising device but it is not quite the kind of product that I will let my money go for, at least for now. Definitely, I'll be waiting for the next Nokia flagship. I hope the next one has the following specs:
1) at least 5.5 inch or bigger AMOLED QHD screen but the bezels have to be reduced. The screen must be shatter-proof
2) a dual high-megapixel count Zeiss cameras on the back and front that can be activated by both on-screen and physical shutter buttons. All cameras have to have OIS
3) a xenon flash together with dual-tone LEDs
4) The 3.5 mm headphone jack has to be there along with the USB-C port
5) OZO-quality sound technology both as to capturing and output via the headphone jack
6) dual stereo speakers
7) expandable storage capability
8) water and shock proofing
9) FM radio with RDS
10) all standard sensors and wireless connectivity standards have to be included
11) bigger capacity batteries capable of fast charging via wall chargers (and maybe thru solar charging capability)
12) biometric scanners which include fingerprint, iris, and facial recognition
13) theft-deterrent security suite.
14) all these in a scratch-proof metal or high-grade plastic unibody or whichever material that supports wireless charging
If Nokia decides to just implement a mainstream and common spec sheet found in other brands, I hope water-proofing is one of them.
I have Nokia 8 for a week now, amazing phone in evertything, welcome back Nokia.
I am Nokia user since the begining, upgraded from Lumia 1520 to Nokia 8.
Was waiting for you Nokia & you didn't disappoint me.
tenmari, 02 Oct 2017no camera button?! :( so sad right now why nokia why??????? carl zeiss and no camera button.Volume button works as shutter button
AudriusD, 01 Oct 2017Nokia 8 or Huawei P10 plus?Nokia coz Chuck Norris Approves It!!!
no camera button?! :( so sad right now
why nokia why??????? carl zeiss and no camera button.
AudriusD, 01 Oct 2017Nokia 8 or Huawei P10 plus?Nokia 8 because itÂ’s much more premium. Beaides it soon gets t android 8 already.
AudriusD, 01 Oct 2017Nokia 8 or Huawei P10 plus?Nokia.. Because of quality.......
AudriusD, 01 Oct 2017Nokia 8 or Huawei P10 plus?Nokia.
Huawei is really bad option if you are going for a flagship
Anyone knows when this phone will be available in eastern EU? It should have been released months ago but still cant buy here even Nokia advertising it...But whats the use if I CANT GET IT
Also do we have at least some chance to get 128gb version?
If not probably will bite the bullet buying iphone, tried waiting for android phone released here with reasonable assets
Why no radio, it's the only thing that doesn't cost money,, plz bring it back
Would have bought this phone as it ticks all the marks for me. Except 1 crucial let down: focusing ability of camera is super poor (slow & lots of focus hunting). They need to update the camera app ASAP.
Guys all Nokia 2017 android phones has IP52 means they are 100% certified water proof and water resistance my nokia 3 i put it on water for 3 hours and no defect happens im glad nokia is back!