AnonD-44031, 05 Mar 20121. 16GB is enough. Just put in an additional Class 6/10 MicroSD. And if that is not enough, us... moreNokia is in you blood it seems ;)!
1) adding extra card? should'nt Nokia introduce 32/64 models?
2) i will not carry a TV with me everywhere!
3) if i have to record full quality video, i would need space and at least 2000 mAh battery.
4) perhaps it makes sense, but Nokia could have make some technical advancements to deal with it
5) i hate Microsoft, but i love Windows
6) don't act like Nokia haters! Elop has come to Nokia to work together, and not destroy a possible flagship!
anonymouse, 05 Mar 2012i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need t... more1. 16GB is enough. Just put in an additional Class 6/10 MicroSD. And if that is not enough, use a flash drive/external hard drive. If you are bringing either with you, transfer the photos when you can. It facilitates easier transfer of the photos to the PC, because you have to turn the unit off and remove the battery just to take out the MicroSD card.
2. The photos are primarily for viewing in the PC, TV, for sharing, or even for printing to really show off that picture-perfect moment. Besides, any photo above 2MP is too much to only be displayed on a mobile phone's screen
3. Maybe it is optimized to save battery.. Wait for the unit to see how it handles. You can always buy another battery just in case.
4. Compatibility. That resolution makes it compatible with (almost?) all apps developed for Symbian.
5. According to Nokia, Microsoft will take care of it. Microsoft will be releasing an Office Suite, if I am not mistaken. But can install your own Office application if you want. Personally, I prefer having no pre-installed office app since I have my own from years ago.
6. Maybe Elop planned this to be unattractive, so the people will focus on the Lumia Series instead? But this is actually ok. The design spells N-O-K-I-A all over it. That design is more of a trademark of the good'old Nokia phones. Even I laughed at this design, but I also thought it to be kinda nostalgic of the old (but excellent) models.
what if this comes with meego 1.2?... i guess... that would be legendary....
[deleted post]are you seen to noknia 8.08 am pureview cameraphone. i also mmmmmmaaaaaaddddd.cheerrs.
Anonymous, 04 Mar 2012what's the different between xenon flash and led flash
im thinking to buy note or 808 in mayxenon flash is a gas tube wich offers a great burst of light thus making the subject seem like is is not moving,
conceder a fan going around with a xenon flash it seem like it has stopped but is still going,
the adventages of xenon flash over led are great, xenon flash is a profetional flash and the best....
cathy, 05 Mar 2012who needs 41 mp camera in phone ... its a phone not camera ... now the gona charge about the s... morePrice will be HALF the iPhone price. Who cares about cameras? People who have a life and something to photograph. This is a dream phone, not a silly gadget for gaming.
anonymouse, 05 Mar 2012i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need t... more1) One photo = 10 MB. 16 GB should be enough, there's also microSD
2) It's too much for ANY screen, so you'll have to export it to PC ;-)
3) It's Symbian. Probably 2-3 days of normal use.
4) Compatibility with Symbian apps, almost all are written for this resolution
5) That it's not an E-Series phone and that whoever needs one will buy it.
6) Beautiful things get old very soon. Ugly things last forever. :-D
nobody knows that it has 1ghz GPU? 1.3 CPU's GHZ + 1 GHZ GPU + 512 RAM can do it very well. except for the web browser, its a shame for that. the web browser experience wont be the best, bisedes that: games, pictures, a lot of apps would be pretty decent smooth
anonymouse, 05 Mar 2012i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need t... moreIf you dont like the phone,then dont buy it!,liar !your one of the crapdroid fans,lolz
i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need to answer these:
1) camera wise this handset is the king, but what was Nokia thinking by introducing 16 GB internal?
2) how do you expect a 38MP image on a low ppi/resolution based screen?
3) what was Nokia thinking when it added Standard Li-Ion 1400 mAh battery?
4) what was Nokia thinking when it gave a screen with 360 x 640 pixels, 4.0 inches (~184 ppi pixel density) display?
5) what was Nokia thinking when it did not provide a document editor?
6) last but not the lease what was Nokia thinking when it gave a stupid design to this one after producing a robust looking beauty called N8?
who needs 41 mp camera in phone ... its a phone not camera ... now the gona charge about the same price as i phone or close to it keep the price low noone cares about camera its just a ripoff..
Bren, 04 Mar 2012Hello y'all! I'm from the Philippines and I'm wondering if it will be released by May in my co... moreIt will be available globally (except north america) in Q2 - I hope it will arrive really in may.
I really don't get the Android vs Symbian thing really!? I personally use a Galaxy Note and an iPhone 4s at the moment and before i always used Symbian, so when the 808 releases i will sell my 4s and get the 808 because it is an amazing phone simple as that! Fansissy's do not reply i look at the phone as a hole not an OS to defend because i have an iOS, Android, Symbian or Wp7 in my pocket!
Hello y'all! I'm from the Philippines and I'm wondering if it will be released by May in my country. Because I will be turning 2 years in the company and I thought of buying this phone for myself.
It's a perfect phone for me. I travel a lot and this could be a wonderful sidekick or even a replacement of my camera.
Please tell me when's the release of this phone.
AnonD-34890, 04 Mar 2012simplicity???? have you ever tried installing one of the 400,000+ applications on the android ... moreLet me see...
Out of 6,000 apps for keyboard, you end up using only 1.
Out of 4,000 apps for GPS, you end up using only 1.
Out of 200,000 apps for games, probably not half of them are playable on all devices because of device limitations, screen resolutions, etc.,
Out of 400,000 apps, WHICH ARE NOT REALLY MALWARE?
FREE offline GPS and navigation, anyone?
Offline voice recognition, anyone?
:) Haters are admirers in denial. :)
Hasan, 04 Mar 2012Incredible 360x640 Display ! - the same which exists since 3 years... HTC, LG and Samsung ... more@the same time samsung LG HTC are still using 3 year old 8 MP with very small sensor and so buliding very thin phones and calling it a day!!
i am a nokia lover from several years but plz nokia it is not about the camera u need to enhance the OS as well and to have better touch screen as the IOS, by the way i hate Apple but the I store has several applications and games which nokia should makes better than this to be on the top as usual
AnonD-34890, 04 Mar 2012simplicity???? have you ever tried installing one of the 400,000+ applications on the android ... moreTo all Fandroids out there...
read it before comment...
WhY Nokia never jump into Android...
Miserable upgrade for ICS then GooGle abandoned it and go for Jelly Bean 5.0