anonymouse, 05 Mar 2012Nokia is in you blood it seems ;)!
1) adding extra card? should'nt Nokia introduce 32/64 mod... moreWhy so? I know a lot about Symbian and Android, because I sometimes help with marketing those two devices as a side job. I have Symbian and Android devices, and I love them both. But I love Symbian more than Android. Just don't make my use iOS. Tried it for a week, got bored with it.
Don't get me wrong.. I agree with you in some parts.
1. More storage is definitely better, no qualms about that. But seeing as it is only 16GB, just make up for it. It is already enough for me because I can add a MicroSD to it.
2. You forgot about the PC, sharing and printing part. Still, any size higher than 2MP on a mobile phone's screen is overkill. Photos are (mostly) about sharing and storing memories. How best to store and share photos than with a quality camera?
3. I agree that you need a lot of space.. But use a high-speed MicroSD, please. For the record, according to Nokia, you can only record 27mins of full-quality video, because according to them, 1min of video goes for about 150MB. As with all FAT32 devices, the maximum file size limit is 4GB.
4. For that, you will have to change the apps themselves.
5. You are not required to use Microsoftware. Just use any app you want.
6. That was just my opinion. Because the way I see it, he prefers Windows Mobile over Symbian. I mean, just look at how he markets those devices! He almost left Symbian phones out of the picture. Just because I don't like the CEO doesn't mean I hate the company already. I like Nokia, I like their Symbian phones. I just don't like the Microsoft.
wen will this phone release, im waiting for the user reviews, and price is very imp.
41 MP (38 MP effective, 7152 x 5368 pixels), Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, Xenon flash
if this camera is true, i think this phone camera is the best camera in the world at the moment.. hopefully the specification written is true and the expected release..huhuhuhu...i'm exited to see this unit...
MdN, 05 Mar 20121) One photo = 10 MB. 16 GB should be enough, there's also microSD
2) It's too much for ANY s... moreplease refer to my last response for the 1st 5 questions. for the 6th one you don't make any sense!!! are you talking about your girl?
AnonD-44031, 05 Mar 20121. 16GB is enough. Just put in an additional Class 6/10 MicroSD. And if that is not enough, us... moreNokia is in you blood it seems ;)!
1) adding extra card? should'nt Nokia introduce 32/64 models?
2) i will not carry a TV with me everywhere!
3) if i have to record full quality video, i would need space and at least 2000 mAh battery.
4) perhaps it makes sense, but Nokia could have make some technical advancements to deal with it
5) i hate Microsoft, but i love Windows
6) don't act like Nokia haters! Elop has come to Nokia to work together, and not destroy a possible flagship!
anonymouse, 05 Mar 2012i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need t... more1. 16GB is enough. Just put in an additional Class 6/10 MicroSD. And if that is not enough, use a flash drive/external hard drive. If you are bringing either with you, transfer the photos when you can. It facilitates easier transfer of the photos to the PC, because you have to turn the unit off and remove the battery just to take out the MicroSD card.
2. The photos are primarily for viewing in the PC, TV, for sharing, or even for printing to really show off that picture-perfect moment. Besides, any photo above 2MP is too much to only be displayed on a mobile phone's screen
3. Maybe it is optimized to save battery.. Wait for the unit to see how it handles. You can always buy another battery just in case.
4. Compatibility. That resolution makes it compatible with (almost?) all apps developed for Symbian.
5. According to Nokia, Microsoft will take care of it. Microsoft will be releasing an Office Suite, if I am not mistaken. But can install your own Office application if you want. Personally, I prefer having no pre-installed office app since I have my own from years ago.
6. Maybe Elop planned this to be unattractive, so the people will focus on the Lumia Series instead? But this is actually ok. The design spells N-O-K-I-A all over it. That design is more of a trademark of the good'old Nokia phones. Even I laughed at this design, but I also thought it to be kinda nostalgic of the old (but excellent) models.
what if this comes with meego 1.2?... i guess... that would be legendary....
[deleted post]are you seen to noknia 8.08 am pureview cameraphone. i also mmmmmmaaaaaaddddd.cheerrs.
Anonymous, 04 Mar 2012what's the different between xenon flash and led flash
im thinking to buy note or 808 in mayxenon flash is a gas tube wich offers a great burst of light thus making the subject seem like is is not moving,
conceder a fan going around with a xenon flash it seem like it has stopped but is still going,
the adventages of xenon flash over led are great, xenon flash is a profetional flash and the best....
cathy, 05 Mar 2012who needs 41 mp camera in phone ... its a phone not camera ... now the gona charge about the s... morePrice will be HALF the iPhone price. Who cares about cameras? People who have a life and something to photograph. This is a dream phone, not a silly gadget for gaming.
anonymouse, 05 Mar 2012i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need t... more1) One photo = 10 MB. 16 GB should be enough, there's also microSD
2) It's too much for ANY screen, so you'll have to export it to PC ;-)
3) It's Symbian. Probably 2-3 days of normal use.
4) Compatibility with Symbian apps, almost all are written for this resolution
5) That it's not an E-Series phone and that whoever needs one will buy it.
6) Beautiful things get old very soon. Ugly things last forever. :-D
nobody knows that it has 1ghz GPU? 1.3 CPU's GHZ + 1 GHZ GPU + 512 RAM can do it very well. except for the web browser, its a shame for that. the web browser experience wont be the best, bisedes that: games, pictures, a lot of apps would be pretty decent smooth
anonymouse, 05 Mar 2012i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need t... moreIf you dont like the phone,then dont buy it!,liar !your one of the crapdroid fans,lolz
i m a Nokia loyalist myself and in no mood to consider Android. but my fellow loyalists need to answer these:
1) camera wise this handset is the king, but what was Nokia thinking by introducing 16 GB internal?
2) how do you expect a 38MP image on a low ppi/resolution based screen?
3) what was Nokia thinking when it added Standard Li-Ion 1400 mAh battery?
4) what was Nokia thinking when it gave a screen with 360 x 640 pixels, 4.0 inches (~184 ppi pixel density) display?
5) what was Nokia thinking when it did not provide a document editor?
6) last but not the lease what was Nokia thinking when it gave a stupid design to this one after producing a robust looking beauty called N8?
who needs 41 mp camera in phone ... its a phone not camera ... now the gona charge about the same price as i phone or close to it keep the price low noone cares about camera its just a ripoff..
Bren, 04 Mar 2012Hello y'all! I'm from the Philippines and I'm wondering if it will be released by May in my co... moreIt will be available globally (except north america) in Q2 - I hope it will arrive really in may.
I really don't get the Android vs Symbian thing really!? I personally use a Galaxy Note and an iPhone 4s at the moment and before i always used Symbian, so when the 808 releases i will sell my 4s and get the 808 because it is an amazing phone simple as that! Fansissy's do not reply i look at the phone as a hole not an OS to defend because i have an iOS, Android, Symbian or Wp7 in my pocket!
Hello y'all! I'm from the Philippines and I'm wondering if it will be released by May in my country. Because I will be turning 2 years in the company and I thought of buying this phone for myself.
It's a perfect phone for me. I travel a lot and this could be a wonderful sidekick or even a replacement of my camera.
Please tell me when's the release of this phone.