Mats, 02 Sep 2013Hi Carol/Ziad,
I have a quick question and would be great if anyone of you can help. I rese... more
-About the keyboard I don't get this ((to the customary alphanumeric keypad))....do you mean you back to the normal keyboard or to numeric one???
-Delight is very good CFW for Nokia 808 Pureview, it will make the phone very smooth and fast beside it have nice animations like the IPhone IOS, beside it will keep your phone cache always empty.... I have tons of games and The C/ is still around 565.5 mb free space, BTW Delight CFW don't change your Keypad.
Over all delight is highly recommended ")
Anonymous, 02 Sep 2013Hi, I would like to know that the handset nokia 808 does it gets connected automatically wh... moreif u have wifi ON by default in ur 808 and if u r in the place where a known WiFi connection is available and for example if ur mail account need net to sync.. ur 808 will automatically connect to the known connection available around....
Long time that I am posting on the forum. Actually just checked the updates last night only for this forum and really felt happy to see so many people contributing to it till now.
Now coming back to my experience after 2 months of usage of Pureview 808. Here are some observations:
1) 808 as a phone is superb. Voice quality and reception of signals are really very good. When I get on conference calls I know who is speaking on Samsung :). Speakers are good and its very clear to hear other voices coming from other side.
2) It's a solid build phone, dropped it couple of times and was confident enough that nothing would happen and nokia didnt let me down here. I am not using any kind of cover to protect the phone and like it in stock only. The back of the phone with such huge lens is a looker.
3) Touch sensitivity is fine with me. I don't have any issues with touch sensitivity. Not sure what other users think of. No major complaints from Symbian as such.
4) Bought brand new phone for Rs 15000/less than 300$, and I still believe that even if you take camera out of the scenario, then also it was worth the money.
5) Will not talk about its camera, everyone know it's capabilities. I am not a photo enthusiastic but wanted to capture special moments which can come in front of you anytime and this camera stand in its own league. Family members and office people just envy it when they see me capture the moments in this camera phone. Hands down there is no competition here.
6) Battery is just OK for me. Having 2 mail accounts and one twitter account getting sync, I have to keep power saver on most of the time to get through the day. Nothing exciting here but nothing much to complain as well. Have seen people with iPhone and if they try to use the phone as I do, they are always looking for charging ports :)
7) I have most of the apps needed, so no complain from a daily user perspective. I dont' play games and hence don't have any games installed on my phone and hence don't miss out on that front really. But with people who want to play games nokia store will disappoint the people.
8) Display of the phone is really great even under direct sunlight and I really love that. Makes it a real smartphone which can be used under any condition.
9) As I mentioned above that from a general user's perspective most of the apps are there in nokia store. However there are no good email apps (also my company's email plugins are not supported on symbian anymore), Calanders cannot be synced unless you use google, many major apps are missing like I cannot use my phone to check-in at airports, since there is no app for it, however iOS and androaid has it, vnc viewers etc are missing. So some things are stuck in past in symbian and it is here that iOS takes the edge for users who are looking for these kinds of features.
10) I am not a symbian lover but a Nokia lover and looking forward to Nokia 1020 in next 3-4 months and hopes it solves my limited apps issue which I mentioned above. Lumia 1020 is still not released in India and once it's released it will take another 2-3 months for it's price to settle down. I hope windows phone OS 8 will not let me down in terms of apps. I know number of apps are small in comparison to other stores but I hope it covers all the major apps atleast.
Lastly, I love this phone and I mentioned sometime before also that it is a collector's item and must for people who love technology. I will keep it with me even if I upgrade it some other phone (That will be Nokia only of course).
And finally, Carol and Ziad my friends good to see that you guys keeping posting regularly. I hope both of you are doing fine and keep enlightening the forums with your knowledge.
I would like to know that the handset nokia 808 does it gets connected automatically when wifi is on or we have to do manually connected as m facing the problem in my handset where i have to connect manually when it is in range even if the wifi mode is on . please suggest or this feature is not available in nokia 808
I have a quick question and would be great if anyone of you can help. I reset my phone using 7370 option and then upgraded my software to the latest one. Now my keypad is looking hideous with all new changes to the customary alphanumeric keypad. I am really abhorring it and thinking about changing it back to stock by another 7370 reset. What do you guys advise? And also what's the delight cfw? Will that solve this issue?
Siva Bharani, 01 Sep 2013ya ya friend.. even those days hardware and software sounds good.. Maemo and MeeGo rocks...yes you are right Maemo & meego Rocks ,
but how can Q10 & iPhone can play the flash videos !!!!
Has the Nokia 808 got like a burst shot option in the camera , e.g it captures 10 photos in 2 seconds or so ?.. or is there a app available to get on the nokia 808
Nokia is best, 01 Sep 2013oh that's nice , maybe network is slow in your Area , thank you my dear friend , really I... moreya ya friend.. even those days hardware and software sounds good.. Maemo and MeeGo rocks...
Siva Bharani, 01 Sep 2013as u expected. Link works in n900 and in N9(firefox). But with some glitches.oh that's nice , maybe network is slow in your Area ,
thank you my dear friend ,
really I am happy that both can play it , even slow .
not like lumia can't play !
[deleted post]as u expected. Link works in n900 and in N9(firefox). But with some glitches.
i want To buy nokia 808 in this weeek
i am just confuse about
is new nokia 808 comes with F1????? or F2
i heard that
F2 have many issue
like keyboard word croling key,
No image editing..
alam, 31 Aug 2013Is this worth to purchaseif u want a true camera phone with good natural and real output.. then u can go for Nokia 808...
Siva Bharani, 01 Sep 2013ya i accept friend. what u say is right.. wait let me try that link in N9 and N900.. i think i... moreokay please try it , maybe n9 Also can play it ,
you know my friend I tried on galaxy s one & Sony Arc s but can't play , but on galaxy note 2 can play , but so slowly , even on blackberry Q10 working well ,,
it is live streaming ,
Gitty, 30 Aug 2013i don't download songs from nokia music because the quality of songs is low !Gitty CNN and BBC widgets which u expect is there in AWAKENING V9 CFW.. also u get chance to use 12 and 9 mp in pureview.